The Office: Season Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just end this show already. Last week's was one of the most unfunny episodes I've seen...and this weeks, while it had it's moments...seems to be running on fumes.

I agree. Pam pregnant is pretty much the last thing I want to see on this show.

When they said they were taking her to the hospital, I totally knew what was going to happen and groaned a little bit in irritation.

Just a very weak plot for this season. You can almost tell the writers are running out of ideas with how fast things are happening or not happening....

Guess perfect example was last week's "disco cafe" episode. What the heck was the point? Half of the episode was just dancing!!!

And Jim and Pam are getting married, in Ohio. And then at the last minute of the episode, they change their minds. I get it, the dancing, celebration must have convinced Pam/Jim to go forward with real wedding....but there was literally nothing building up to that. It was just, announce, done. And on this week's show, Holly. Tired of her. We don't need TWO Michael Scotts on the show....and do we really need another tired routine of boy wants girl.....girl wants boy....but girl is spoken for??

Like I said, really time to just end the show. Maybe the wedding would be a perfect place to end it. Michael confesses his love for Holly, Jim and Pam happily ever after...and Dwight is just Dwight.

This is why the BBC version is vastly superior. Ricky and Stephen knew how and when to end the show. Do I wish to see more David Brent....of course, but I wouldn't want him or the show turning into what this Office has become.

When the nurse asked Pam if she might be pregnant and Pam wouldn't answer, I did my roll my eyes a bit because it is sort of obvious. I did enjoy the reveal, though. The show has done a few big reveals without sound in the past and it's always paid off for me. It was a great moment completely dependent on John Krasinski's face.

Why is everyone surprised, though? You knew that it would end up like this. It's an American comedy. It was never going to end as well as the British one, because it was never going to be as short. It's not a surprise and shouldn't be that it ended up like this.

I simply watch because I'm invested in the characters and enjoy what funny moments do pop up now and again.

I'm definitely not surprised by this turn of events. I'm only still watching for all the funny moments that don't involve Michael, Pam and/or Jim.

Or maybe for the very, very miniscule chance that Michael will finally get his come-uppance that isn't immediately followed by something that lessens the blow.

It was so close that one episode where Oscar yelled at him ... and then immediately took it back. :grumpy:

This is why the BBC version is vastly superior. Ricky and Stephen knew how and when to end the show. Do I wish to see more David Brent....of course, but I wouldn't want him or the show turning into what this Office has become.

Well said.

I simply watch because I'm invested in the characters and enjoy what funny moments do pop up now and again.

I'm in the same boat, but it sucks to see it as a shell of itself. There has to be a point where I just give it up, but I'm not sure when that is or what will cause it.

It certainly doesn't help that Parks is a lot funnier.

There has to be a point where I just give it up, but I'm not sure when that is or what will cause it.

Me too. I keep asking myself "why don't you just stop watching," but I really enjoy those one-off little jokes or moments that make me laugh really hard. They still pop up from time to time. They're just not as often as the stuff that pisses me off. (which, yes, I realize is an irrational reaction to a TV show.)

It certainly doesn't help that Parks is a lot funnier.

I wouldn't go that far. Comparing The Office's first season (which wasn't that good) to Parks' first season, I still think The Office had better bright spots (Diversity Day, Basketball) than anything Parks has done yet.

Nothing from this season of the Office was as funny as Tom's face in last night's Parks when Leslie said the old guy was her date.

And I mean currently funnier. It'll probably never will match Office season 2, but right now I think had a better first season.

Nothing from this season of the Office was as funny as Tom's face in last night's Parks when Leslie said the old guy was her date.

And I mean currently funnier. It'll probably never will match Office season 2, but right now I think had a better first season.

The Office season 2 is as good as any season of TV out there.

I really enjoyed this little Parks and Rec season and will definitely be watching next year.

The thing that had the biggest impact on my love of the Office was when I discovered 30 Rock at the start of this season...sitting through each episode of the Office and then having 30 Rock follow it up and completely blow it out of the water each time was the reason for my waning interest in the Office. But I got over that a bit and found myself liking the last half of this season of the Office. And I'll agree with whoever it was above that said that Krasinski played that last scene very, very well.

yes...Jim's reaction was very well played by Krasinski .... I thought that his acting was great in that scene...that said....not looking forward to Pam being pregnant next season

Stuff like Slumdunder Mifflinaire keep me watching the show, but it's beyond clear that this show is incredibly played out.

All they need is The Fonz and a pair of skis.

You know what would be great? If Pam wasn't pregnant. That'd be a fucking twist.

Office

Very disappointed in The Office. It's done. The last 2 seasons have been brutal, and Pam's pregnancy doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom