The Office: Season Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing I thought was funny was the bit where you hear the growling from Michael's office, and Jim calls out "It's monster.com with no s" or whatever.

I lost all respect for Pam with her decision. Yeah, she doesn't want to be a receptionist anymore, but why would anyone who knows Michael think it's a good idea to go work for him when he's starting his own business? He clearly is a clueless dolt who has no idea what he's doing.

Pam's smarter than that.

The only thing I thought was funny was the bit where you hear the growling from Michael's office, and Jim calls out "It's monster.com with no s" or whatever.

That was the only lol for me, too.

I used to be mad if I couldn't get home in time to watch, but now I find myself doing other things while it's on. :shrug:

The Office isn't laugh out loud like before. I miss all the Jim/Dwight pranks. I of course still watch it, but 30 Rock is waaaaaaaaaay funnier now.

The banjo/guitar scene was funny, but I wanted to smack Pam when she had her meltdown in the car.

Gee, you think it was a dumb decision to impulsively quit your job and agree to work for a guy who has no idea what he's doing? Gee, you think????

I also kind of like watching Jim sweat as he tries to prove himself to the new boss.

I didn't watch either of the two last night. Or Parks & Recreation. Or, if you can believe it, 30 Rock. Obviously I'm going to watch the last one immediately, but I think it says a lot about The Office now that I'm more interested in the Parks premiere.

I liked last night's episode of "The Office." We've had some different changes and turnover at work so I can appreciate the awkwardness and fear and uncertainty the characters are dealing with.

"Parks & Recreation" was OK, there were some funny moments but it felt like too much of an "Office" clone. I hope they work to make the show more independent.

I enjoyed the new intro in the second episode, but the show is really pretty average now.

I didn't catch Parks.

Gee, I wonder if there could potentially be a situation where Pam ends up in direct competition with Jim over clients?

:hmm:

One where Jim's new boss tells him to get tough on the competition?

:hmm:

I was smiling from ear-to-ear when Pam made her first sale, so cute! And Ryan is such an asshole. The line he said about Pam when he was on the phone "She's like a 6 in New York, but a 7 down here"...if I was Pam, I would have smacked him across the face.

I actually thought the Parks pilot was pretty solid. Much better than both episodes of this unfunny Jim vs. the new boss and Michael Scott Paper Company, Inc. bullshit.

I can only hope the reason why The Office has been shaky at best for the past season or so has been because of the same creative team working on Parks & Recreation. That's part of the reason why I don't like spin-offs of shows still around their prime, you know?

When's the last time that worked? All in the Family going to The Jeffersons?

I don't know when it happened, but Andy is the funniest character on the show now. I'd probably give up on it if I didn't already feel invested in what happens to these characters after five years.

I just started watching this show last week and am already up to the second-last episode of season 3. Hilarious! I saw the first two episodes when the show first started but didn't find it very funny and forgot all about it. I can't believe I dismissed this show so soon. Probably had something to do with my age (I was 18 when it first premiered, and I didn't get a lot of the work jokes).

Anyways, does this show really start to taper off after Season 3? Most people I've spoken to say it kinda sucks now - I don't want to invest another week in catching up if it's not going to be funny. I'm leaving for the summer in a week and a half, and I've got a couple other mini-series I wouldn't mind catching. Should I just say screw it after season 3 and move on, or would it be worth my time to catch up?

And does anyone know for sure what the hell the Certificate of Authenticity that's behind Michael in every one-on-one interview is for? I've been trying to read what it says since the first episode but it's never on screen long enough to get a good look (too lazy to pause) :lol:

Ok, I hadn't watched any of the episodes since Pam ran off to start the new company with Michael. I had them recorded, of course, and finally got caught up. Man, I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed the episodes and the new turn the show has taken. It might have been the good mood I was in when I was watching or something, I guess it doesn't really matter...all that matters is I loved me some Office for the first time in a while.

As someone mentioned before, I thought Pam making the inaugural sale for the Michael Scott Paper Company was a great moment. Dwight and Andy rocking out on that John Denver song to impress the new girl was fucking hysterical. And I really, really liked the whole Dwight vs. Michael thing in this most recent one. And I can't help but find myself rooting very hard for the little Michael Scott Paper Company to succeed. I'm actually excited for the next episode.

Oh yeah, and I had the first two episodes of Parks and Recreation recorded, too. Watched that shit and thought it was great. So there ya go. I've had a good night regarding NBC sitcoms. (30 Rock is still the king)

I got antsy and downloaded season 4 and I gotta say I'm happy I did. I'm on the fourth episode and it's great so far, the new Ryan makes me crack up :lol:

Plus this season gets a big thumbs up for having Pam's hotness factor increase by one hundred million percent with the new haircut & bolder personality :love:

Needs more of Jan's fantastic new rack though :drool:

The minute Michael quit Dunder Mifflin you had to think "Well, what's he gonna do to get his job back?"

So obviously, it wasn't a surprise that he got the job back and that things will return to normal...but I gotta say I enjoyed what the writers did with this little 4 episode arc and how everything got resolved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom