The Lovely Bones - The Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never read the book, but I've heard a lot about it. That trailer gave me goosebumps, though. Some parts seemed reminiscent of What Dreams May Come.

I read it years ago.

When I was watching the preview I realized that I've forgotten a lot of it.

Me too. Was there ever a grandmother included in the book?

I thought the book was ok, but I honestly couldn't see why so many people (including the girl at the bookshop who gushed to me about it) loved it so much :shrug: It will be interesting to see what the film makes of it.

I remember being shocked that the book really wasn't chick lit given the circles in which it was popular, and the cover art, its a whole lot darker than you'd expect. There were quite a lot of interesting moments and character development, and the conceit is quite compelling but I did find it to drag a bit and the ending was just... off to me. I've been excited to see what Jackson and his team come up with (sounds like the writing team went for the spirit of it rather than a page by page adaptation which is encouraging) as it could be quite the match for Jackson's old style of drama (Heavenly Creatures) and his fantasy/epic filmmaking (some trilogy everyone's forgotten about by now), and the trailers have been looking great, here's hoping for Sairose Ronan for best actress.

Back
Top Bottom