The Late Show: Champagne Comedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I've always wanted to do it. And I've hijacked enough threads in the past quoting it. I'VE HAD A GUTFUL!

So I've decided to make this thread, The Late Show, which ran in 1992-93 on Aussie TV for those who missed it, and I know this thread may fail spectacularly, but I'm willing to take the risk as I know there are at least four or five or six others out there who can join me, and for those with time to kill, you'll enjoy the youtube vids.

And why not start with a classic.

YouTube - Shitscared: The Bus Stunt - The Late Show

:D

the shark beating the plane to the bahamas :lol:

let's spread the word.

their rudubbings of Rush (Olden Days) and Bluey (Bargearse) are also classic

10 replies, 33 views :lol:

if you can people, get a copy of the Herald Sun today (you've got no excuse inte), and flick to 'Text Talk' on page 21... :D

here's another classic, i'll watch that one later inte, i've gotta go to work.

YouTube - The Mr Whippy Grand Prix - The Late Show

complete with a murray walker impression :lol:

and for bonnie, the intro should give you all you need to know:

YouTube - TheOldenDays Trailor

bad hat, bad hat! naughty sleeve, naughty sleeve!

"Now that the dust has settled on the Hey Hey reunions, can we get the D-Gen/Working Dog crews back together for two Late Show reunions on the ABC? Please?"

- Daniel, Werribee

------

:up:

:lol::lol:

Loving the thread! When I get better net reception I'll be able to see the vids, but to be honest, with the exception of one or two posted I know which skits you're all talking about! Love the dvd collection that they released, and the commentaries are great fun to listen to.

May be sacrilage to the memory of The Late Show, but I wasn't a Bargearse fan :ohmy::|

I love Graham and The Colonel :cute:, all of Shit Scared, Jeff and Terry, and of course Santo the Magnificent! The guys were brilliant in everything else too, can't think of a skit that fell down flat.

I'm just glad that Gleisner/ Cilauro/ Sitch/ Kennedy are all doing The Hollowmen. A show that Aussie tv definitely needs.

But :heart::heart: The Late Show.

I'm watching it again as well, takes me 12 hours over a couple of nights because I watch the skits, and then watch them again with the commentary.

Australian TV is sorely missing this kind of light entertainment.

there is more to come too. beg, and i think axver might know it as well.

Alison is a fan and introduced me to the goodness of the Late Show earlier this year. I feel like I should not have been granted Australian citizenship until that moment.

The Mr Whippy Grand Prix in particular is fucking classic.

there is more to come too. beg, and i think axver might know it as well.

I'm heeeee-eeeerreeeeee!!!!! :D

How did I miss this thread??? Fuck I think I didn't have a social life in those years, cos I was home watching every episode....

Pissweak World!!!! Bonnie will appreciate this, my boyfriend at the time and I stopped at Puzzle Park once, only so we could waste 20 bucks riding some of the most lamearse slippery dips ever built by some doofus from 3 bits of leftover galvo, and solely because we could then spend the rest of our days forever calling it Pissweak World!!! :cute:

Graham and the Colonel. And Shirty the Frontal Lobotomy Bear!!!!! Have you got any of the clips of them sending up Countdown, wearing platform shoes and sitting on bean bags????

And I :love:Tony Martin and I don't care who knows it

Pissweak World!!!! Bonnie will appreciate this, my boyfriend at the time and I stopped at Puzzle Park once, only so we could waste 20 bucks riding some of the most lamearse slippery dips ever built by some doofus from 3 bits of leftover galvo, and solely because we could then spend the rest of our days forever calling it Pissweak World!!! :cute:

Puzzle Park will ALWAYS be Pissweak World to me. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom