The Jay Leno Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It's premiering tonight.

So, what does everyone think so far?

Jay's monologue was as funny as usual, but that car wash sketch was lame.

The rest of the show better make up for it or else this 10pm show idea is going to tank.

If it takes, it's because the American public is finally wising up to how awful and patently unfunny Jay Leno is.

This is not a good show.

Its almost over, and only now is he doing Headlines.

It's been dull overall.

I know his works. He is neither cold nor hot. So because he are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth.

The car race thing is pretty funny...My favorites have been Quentin Tarantino, Sam Worthington and Dr. Phil :lol:

BUT IT THEY CANCEL THE GOD THAT IS COCO O'BRIEN FOR THIS SHIT I WILL BE SO PISSED OFF!

I've been saying to friends for weeks that this new format wouldn't work and Jay Leno would be gone or back at the Tonight Show. They should have never have put both of them back to back, what's the point, one of them would ultimately fail. So it looks like Conan is getting the shitty end of the stick. If I were him I'd head to ABC or Fox immediately.

edit - Apparently Leno moves to 11.30 for a 30 min show. Then Conan keeps the Tonight Show but it's from 12 -1. Fallon follows that for one hour.

Crazy

I tried to watch the Jay Leno at 10 show a couple of times and I thought it was awful. Conan must be tired of what happens to him as a result of NBC kissing Leno's butt.

I've been saying to friends for weeks that this new format wouldn't work and Jay Leno would be gone or back at the Tonight Show. They should have never have put both of them back to back, what's the point, one of them would ultimately fail. So it looks like Conan is getting the shitty end of the stick. If I were him I'd head to ABC or Fox immediately.

edit - Apparently Leno moves to 11.30 for a 30 min show. Then Conan keeps the Tonight Show but it's from 12 -1. Fallon follows that for one hour.

What a mess at NBC. I'd be surprised if either Conan or Jay accept this change. One of the other networks should go after them. Jay needs a fresh start and bigger budget at a network where he is wanted. If one of the major networks can't fit in Conan then Comedy Central should pony up the money and put him after The Daily Show and Colbert Report. :up:

NBC is a joke. The bell ends that were in charge of this fiasco should be fired.

ABC has local news and then Nightline so maybe Fox is the best choice for Conan to go to.

NBC OFFICIAL: Done Deal. Jay Leno gone at 10PM on Feb. 12th, back to "Tonight Show" at 11:35. Conan, up in air. Also, NBC brass clueless.

I'll watch Conan wherever he ends up, but that really sucks.

Unbelievable. Is anyone surprised the whole 10 PM experiment was a complete failure? And now Conan will be thrown under the bus. Just complete ineptitude.

Fucking ridiculous. I hope theres a backlash and Leno tanks at 11:35 as well. Conan should go head to head with him on a different network. Fuck Leno

I agree...fuck Leno...why did he ever agree to the deal in the 1st place...? and Conan and ALL his staff uproot all their families to move to California, just to have NBC treat them in this manner? bullshit! Conan didn't even have a year to get in sync before NBC starts messing with him? I would be super pissed if I were him:angry:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason Leno's ratings are tanking is because people don't want to see him and are sick of him? I know I am! So why move him to the prime spot? It's not fair to Conan. They need to get a clue that maybe Leno's time is over. Let him go.

I'm very surprised by this development. Conan was waiting in the wings for years to get the Tonight Show slot. He finally gets it and just a few months later they push him out? That's some serious bullshit.

He must have been pulling awful ratings. If not, this seems like a completely shady and unfair move by NBC.

They tried to please both Leno, who had the highest ratings of any of the late night hosts by the time he "retired" from The Tonight Show, and Conan, who would've undoubtedly jumped ship for another network if he didn't have a more prominent role.

The biggest problem to me was that Leno still got the same high-profile guests he'd get on The Tonight Show, Fallon got all of the cool B-lister and alterna-types that Conan would get on Late Night, and The Cone Zone got stuck with a whole slew of lame guests.

Half-hour Leno going into Conan then Fallon with no Carson Daly is fine by me, as long as The Tonight Show gets the attention it deserves, not Leno's piece of shit show.

Leno retired from the Tonight Show cause he didn't want to do it anymore, NBC panicked that they would lose Jay's audience to Letterman and brought him back for the prime time show. They promoted the hell out of that while Conan languished on The Tonight Show when he needed the promos.

Also, Conan's show just worked better in New York. He's a New Yorker. It makes sense. NBC has been worried from the start that Conan's particular brand of humor wouldn't work earlier with the older crowd. Which has kind of been a self-fulfilling prophecy with most of the older demographic watching Letterman instead as evidenced by the ratings.

I'm sure Conan feels some level of loyalty to NBC after working for them for so long, but he should do what's best for him and his show and his career: Take the Fox deal and run.

Leno has to be one of the WORST interviewers I have ever watched....he never gives the guest a chance to answer his lame ass questions before he trys to make "comedy" out of what they are saying....why do these guests agree to go on his show? he needs to be dumped! or put him on after Conan and Jimmy Fallon...that seems to be the best resolution:wink:

Leno is a little fucking baby. He made his bed. It didnt work out. Your fault. Instead he indian gives the 11:30 spot and disrupts hundreds of hard working people in the process. fucking unfunny douche

Leno retired from the Tonight Show cause he didn't want to do it anymore

No, from what I understand, Leno did not want to leave the Tonight Show -- he was pressured to leave so NBC could keep O'Brien.

They tried to please both Leno, who had the highest ratings of any of the late night hosts by the time he "retired" from The Tonight Show, and Conan, who would've undoubtedly jumped ship for another network if he didn't have a more prominent role.

Yep. Ended up screwing everyone over.

Oh, and I generally like Conan, but hardly ever watch him now because I so dislike Andy Richter. I don't find him at all funny and can't stand his voice. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom