The I'm Sick of Michael Jackson Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Ok, Michael Jackson has been dead for almost 4 months and he has proven that, once again, death is a good career move. Before Michael died, no one gave a shit about him. He was pretty much persona non grata. If you saw any photos of him in the last few years, you could see that the Reaper was close to resting his deadly hands on Michael's bony, emaciated shoulders.

Now, I was a casual fan of Michael's from "back-in-the-day", but from 1993 to June 2009, I couldn't care less. When he died I was sad because I missed the Michael Jackson from the late 1970's to the very early 1990's. His passing unearthed all of his classic moments from that era and reminded me of growing up during that time. It also showed that, apparently, Mike wasn't very happy with himself, but he sure did like to dance, sing and hang out out with those kiddies at his Neverland Ranch.

I also think that Michael Jackson was very fortunate. Very fortunate that he never reached the point of performing these This Is It shows in London because then the world would have really seen how much he sucked. I never for one moment thought that he would even survive this tour and its 50 shows. But, he did me one better and died before the tour even started. Now, Michael's future is in the hands of the editors of this movie that he is releasing based on these This Is It rehearsals. Obviously, they are going to do their darndest to make sure Mike looks and sounds his best. Good luck with that.

With the exception of Janet, no one else in his family had any talent and pretty much leeched off of Michael for the last 40 or so years. If it wasn't for Mike, no one would have given one shit about The Jacksons.

So, I bring you the I'm Sick of Michael Jackson thread. At this thread you are openly welcome to scorn all that is Michael Jackson and his world. You are free to say that the This Is It film is going to be complete horseshit. You are welcome to express your true feelings for the King of Slop.

Maybe this is not the right place to do so but I'm going to talk briefly about what I admired about him. Great entertainer! Great dancer! His music videos were like movies themselves! Great showman all around. I enjoyed everything upto that kicking track, Blood On The Dance Floor sometime in the late 90's. Sure, HIStory was not as good as Thriller, Bad or Dangerous but what a great run of pop music he had from the the early 80s to the early 90s! Off The Wall has some great stuff as well.

As sick as you or anyone else would be from the excessive media hype following his passing, this thread is frankly disrespectful to his musical legacy, in my opinion.

So to show how sick you are of Michael Jackson, you make a brand new thread to talk about him? Way to think that one through, Chief

Sorry T but I've closed previous threads like this in the past so I need to be consistent.

Sorry but we've already had discussions about this in the original thread and it got way out of hand and had to be closed.

I'm sure there are plenty of other websites / forums you could go to to express your disdain for MJ.

Also feel free to use the blog section of the forum

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/blogs/

You're more than welcome to repost this as an entry in your blog. I think it may be better suited there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom