The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kafrun

Blue Crack Addict
What a talented, intelligent, and engaging host:
strombo_big_01.jpg

Much Music has definitely not been the same since he left :yuck: Wonderful interviews, fascinating guests.. You don't see a lot of these stories anywhere else.

Did I mention George yet? :sexywink:
GeorgeStroumboulopoulosBlackAndWhit.jpg

His U2 fandom doesn't hurt either. If you haven't seen U2 Does Much, time to get your butt to Youtube..........

Go on, appreciate my boyfri- George :shifty: :love:

:lol: I think that at times too, elfa!

I appreciate George. :up: He always has a good variety of guests on his show, and he tends to ask better questions than most talk-show hosts.

I kinda think he's okay, but he's quite embarrassing for the CBC. I mean they're airing this goofball in prime time who asks incredibly superficial questions (not for want of trying, though). It shows how low Much Music has sunk, when HE's too smart. I blame Much Music!

If you like him, it's cool, though. I just get a bit tired of his jokes and love of crappy Canadian bands for the sake of nationalism. His love of U2 is the only thing with which I agree with him, musically.

I mean, former Much Music host Avi Lewis at least was capable of creating intelligent debate with "Counterspin".

Really? Superficial questions? I respectfully disagree. I think he jokes around with guests and builds a rapport - I think he wants them to feel like they're having a conversation, not being tossed a series of questions. He also asks really smart, thoughtful questions. You often hear guests commenting on the quality of the interview. Just mho, but sure there are a lot of goofballs out there trying too hard to be fun and hip, while George just is who he is.

:D

That's really weird because I thought, before clicking on this thread, that it had to be about the American political commentator George Stephanopoulos...

georgestephanopoulos.jpg

Weird...

Check out his video section of past interviews. I had mentioned this in the Hell's Kitchen thread about his recent and uncut interview with George. Hilarious stuff!

What I find interesting about the show is that you get guests from the US that talk more candid or perhaps more freely than they would back home. Definitely some great stuff that our friends to the south would perhaps enjoy. This of course excluding border states that already get the show.:)

That's really weird because I thought, before clicking on this thread, that it had to be about the American political commentator George Stephanopoulos...

georgestephanopoulos.jpg

Weird...

Stephanopoulis is pretty bad, too. He disgustingly sleazied up the Democratic primary debate with fellow moron Charles Gibson. I can't believe someone so immoral in his dumbing down of the political culture once considered being a Greek Orthodox priest.

Still, Stromboulopolis is worse and I've asked the CBC to fire him after his despicably insulting treatment of Liberal Party leader Stephane Dion. I HATE Stromboulopolis!

How did George behave in his interview with Dion? I missed it...

I work near the CBC hq in downtown Toronto and often go to their foodcourt for lunch; I've seen him around a few times (he likes Mr Sub!) - he's always polite with those who approach him.

Anyway, Bono's a fan so he can't be that bad :wink:

I've asked the CBC to fire him

How'd that work out for you? :eyebrow:

How did George behave in his interview with Dion? I missed it...

I work near the CBC hq in downtown Toronto and often go to their foodcourt for lunch; I've seen him around a few times (he likes Mr Sub!) - he's always polite with those who approach him.

Anyway, Bono's a fan so he can't be that bad :wink:

We met him after one of the Toronto Vertigo shows. He was in the VIP cage as we were walking out. He came out and talked to us, shook our hands, asked our names, and posed for a picture. Super nice guy. :love:

How'd that work out for you? :eyebrow:

We met him after one of the Toronto Vertigo shows. He was in the VIP cage as we were walking out. He came out and talked to us, shook our hands, asked our names, and posed for a picture. Super nice guy. :love:

Ah, then I must have seen you 'cuz I saw him talking to some fans after the show (can't recall which one...)

Considering it's the CBC, he does get to interview some pretty big names :yes:

wow, have I not posted :drool: X a million in here yet?

secret.gif
he mentioned me on his radio show a few months ago when I knew the answer to a music question and myspaced him the answer. I forgot the profile name there is the same as here and he used it on the radio.
redface.gif

^ pretty cool! :up:

Haven't watched him in a while, but he's always a breath of fresh air when I do. My dad's worked with him on occasion at the broadcast centre--he was apparently really great with a bunch of kids on the shoot they were on.

wow, have I not posted :drool: X a million in here yet?

secret.gif
he mentioned me on his radio show a few months ago when I knew the answer to a music question and myspaced him the answer. I forgot the profile name there is the same as here and he used it on the radio.
redface.gif

Sweet! :hi5:

His show used to be on at 5pm in my area, but it's not this season. :angry: I'm unable to stay awake until 11pm, much less watch an hour long show at that time, so I haven't seen any episodes this season. At least he has some stuff online, so I should watch it when I have some free time.

Back
Top Bottom