The Hobbit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mveqm.gif

Surprised by all the complaints. I just enjoyed going back to Middle Earth so the length didn't bother me at all. It's also been a long time since I read the book so that might've helped.

Same here. It's hard not to compare it to LOTR, but they're totally different stories. The Hobbit has more of a fairytale feel than LOTR and less of epic fantasy... epicness. The book has more of a fun and lighthearted tone because Tolkien wrote it for his children, and while there are still hazards and conflicts, there is less darkness and death than in LOTR.

I don't know why people were complaining about the frame rate; I saw it in IMAX 3D and didn't notice anything different or unusual, other than the fact that it looked awesome.

The thing with Radagast, I kind of liked him, even though he seemed randomly stuck into the story and had bird crap on the side of his head. :lol: He's crazy and eccentric and it was kind of interesting to have a new wizard. I think the part with the spiders attacking his house and the whole thing with the Necromancer (who was mentioned in the book) was supposed to be a foreshadowing of evil (Sauron) entering the world, and a foreshadowing of the next movie, because the Dwarves are supposed to have a run-in with giant spiders at some point.

But I don't think Tom Bombadil should have been in LOTR. Having Frodo and Sam singing songs with a guy in a cabin in the woods would have been out of place in that movie, and isn't it long enough already?

I don't know why people were complaining about the frame rate; I saw it in IMAX 3D and didn't notice anything different or unusual, other than the fact that it looked awesome.

It depends which version you saw. It's the HFR version that is out of the norm for most movies, and can cause motion sickness in many people. I'm not completely positive it they showed it in the regular 24fps version in IMAX 3D, you'd have to check on that, but it's possible you didn't see the version that was difficult for some people.

(While the HFR didn't bother me personally, it is noticeable to me. And my daughter who wasn't feeling well to begin with, did have to leave the theater and got sick!)

Back
Top Bottom