The Film to Beat: 2010s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
(Stealing this thread, both title and original post below, from a pal of mine on another forum. I think it's a fun idea, though on this forum given the higher new thread count it might take a bit more work to keep it bumped and updated. But hopefully there can be some good discussion in here on the films and such and not just be a thread full of single line posts of film titles.)

Just a simple thread for a bit of fun, and here is how it works. Pick your current favourite film of this decade and list it here. When you see another film released this decade that you prefer, and it becomes your new favourite, return to this thread and let us all know. We will see how often this favourite changes for each person, and how long in general we can keep it going.

It is up to you not to forget!

2010-2019
CINEMA

So, for example something like this:

For me currently, going by United States non-festival release dates (though feel free to go by whichever releases you'd like) the best I've seen this decade is Alain Resnais' Wild Grass.

Les_Herbes_folles.jpg

So once I see something new that I like more than this, I'll come back here, quote this, and update with the new hotness.

Yes, I did think it was that good. And I knew the "twist" going in so it didn't bother me, I was caught up in the tragedy of the whole thing.

Also, Pan's Labyrinth is from the previous decade.

Ah, crap. I was thinking 2001 - 2010. So far this decade, Inception, I guess. I've seen like 2 movies so far.

ETA - And knowing we're starting in 2010, Shutter Island makes perfect sense. I was still thinking 2001 - 2010.

Anyone think this whole thread is just a trap for Lance to make fun of people who put down Inception and never change their decision?

I put this in my best of 2009 list, but let's go by US release date instead...

un-prophete.jpg

Wild Grass is a close, close second.

I admire your optimism that we'll all be here for ten more years.

Shutter Island

Half the fun will be keeping track of everyone we lose.

Shutter Island is my #4. #2 really I suppose, of films that have actually been released here.

Wild Grass would def be in my Top 3.

Maybe this would be more interesting with a shortlist that we can keep updating?

I like the idea of highlighting the very favorite of the decade in particular, as a sort of running status, and for comparison purposes among posters.

Though I'm certainly not going to stop anybody from posting shortlists or whatever else they want in addition.

Best hasn't changed yet, but the top 5 is starting to take form:

Wild Grass
Visage
Mother
Un Lac
Shutter Island

Maybe this would be more interesting with a shortlist that we can keep updating?

I like the idea of highlighting the very favorite of the decade in particular, as a sort of running status, and for comparison purposes among posters.

Though I'm certainly not going to stop anybody from posting shortlists or whatever else they want in addition.

Best hasn't changed yet, but the top 5 is starting to take form:

Wild Grass
Visage
Mother
Un Lac
Shutter Island

You little whore.

Give me a break, dick. Just wanted an excuse to bump the thread. But yeah, I'm fine with short lists, like I said. As long as the actual main purpose of the thread continues... ala Dalton. Good job.

Back
Top Bottom