The Film to Beat: 2010s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After much contemplation and rewatching...

Picture4-15.png

Picture5-14.png

Pilgrim and
Inception are very good films

Leo's acting is top notch these days,
but I saw a film tonight that tops all of the above

mesrine-killer-instinct-movie1.jpg

ENT_mesrine1.jpg

16023.jpg

2905188245_96c3e26103.jpg

311999.jpg

an acting tour de force

First a Scott Pilgrim shout out, then a film is compared to the works of Scorsese and Coppola. Someone please talk about how I Am Trying To Break Your Heart is the best film of the previous decade to complete the trifecta. Bonus points for working in a story about how you love The Wiz.

did you see Scott Pilgrim?

I thought it was very enjoyable

I did enjoy the Wilco film, I made the effort to see it in the theater when it first came out

I have never seen the Whiz

I often agree with Laz . When I saw the Pilgrim preview in the theaters it looked terrible
but a couple of good reviews from credible sources made me see it.

right now the preview that is the all time worse this year is, Jack Goes Boating
It reminds me of the line from 'Extras', Hoffman thinks he is directing himself to an Oscar by not going full retard.

I agree with Laz plenty...and any humor to be found in my post is now completely fucking destroyed by the last few posts.

Finished the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad. I like it, sometimes a lot, but I'm not quite as over the moon about it as you. I absolutely cannot stand the woman that plays his wife (the only person I disliked in Deadwood, as it turns out), and I sometimes find the show to be a bit cyclical....but, despite those 2 things, I definitely have enjoyed the first 2 seasons very much.

maybe Laz will give S P a shot and enjoy it

I think of Breaking Bad as a small show, small cast, small budget. I never had high expectations and I thought they would write themselves out of story before then ended the series. For those reasons I have enjoyed it more than I thought was possible. I do agree some episodes seem to accomplish very little. But eventually there has always been enough of a payoff that I was glad I stayed with it.

This, this, so much this.

Well that didn't last nearly as long as I expected. Shame (Shame? Nah, Boonmee is still a goddamnmasterpiece).

vlcsnap-492945.png

vlcsnap-121633.png

vlcsnap-522801.png

vlcsnap-122324.png

vlcsnap-523199.png

vlcsnap-523460.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------

16_MMS49.jpg

I reserve the right to change my mind back to either of my last two choices when I get around to rewatching them, but right now:

title_white_material_.jpg

800_white_stuff_dvd_8.jpg

800_white_stuff_dvd_10.jpg

Watched it twice in 24 hours. :cute:

I plan on seeing all 3 of those, I don't want to pay $7 to onDemand and watch them on TV.
I am holding out for a theatrical run near me.

I reserve the right to change my mind back to either of my last two choices when I get around to rewatching them, but right now:

Watched it twice in 24 hours. :cute:

And I thought you were waiting for the DVD!

I didn't know it was going to be On Demand! Also I pre-ordered the blu-ray from amazon UK. :heart:

I'm planning to see it this weekend. This or Harry Potter, maybe both.

Back
Top Bottom