The Fantasy Filmmaker Returns!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I went to revive the thread, only to find out it was in the LS Archive. The previous version's guidelines are quoted below, but feel free to break from that format and throw out any sort of idea that you feel is worth sharing. Either way, let's do this.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...he-interference-fantasy-filmmaker-179050.html

Here's your chance to take the role of a big-whig movie producer. You get to decide what type of film you want to make, you get to decide how long the film will be, you get to pick your director, cast, crew, and all the bells and whistles you want to set.

The idea here is to submit your own fantasy film concept for everyone to admire or crap on. Below I will outline all the required information and positions you have to fill with current, working professionals in the business. There will also be a number of optional posistions and info you can choose to fill should your film require/support them.

If you aren't that insightful into the behind the scenes working of your favorite films, just go here:

The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

If you liked the music in any given film, just type the movie into the search engine, click the "MORE" button under the cast and crew list, and see who wrote the music. Same goes for art direction, photography, costume design, etc.

THIS IS IMPORTANT

PLEASE follow the following rules and movie pitch format as exactly as you possibly can...

#1. All selections for cast and crew must be current, working professionals, meaning you can't choose a retired/dead director and cast De Niro form 1974 to star.

#2. You must fill all the required information. If you don't know any art designers off the top of your head or something, please do what I said earlier and browse IMDB for somebody.

#3. Your "What Kind of Movie" description should NOT include a plot description of any kind. I only want genre, subgenre if applicable, setting, and approximate runtime. THAT IS ALL. I don't care what your film's storyline is. That's why you have to hire an appropriate writer.

#4. When assigning your positions, please include the exact format I provide below, naming your person/persons underneath the bolded headlines, with one or two previous films they've done in parenthesis (see below for example)

#5. For profiles like lead and supporting actors, you may include more than one individual (encouraged really), but please limit your leading cast to no more than 4 actors. Everything else, like director, writer, director of photography, etc. you may only choose ONE entry.

Here we go, this is the format you will use, including basic examples when neccessary to better explain what I'm looking for:

What Kind of Movie
Genre - Subgenre - Subgenre : Physical Setting : Time Period
Approximate Running Time: XXX Minutes

example---
Sci-Fi - Action : Madrid, Spain : 23rd Century
Approximate Running Time: 115 Minutes

Directed by
Bob McDirectorface (The Running Fish)

Written by
Steve Authorface (Rebel Without His Balls)

Leading Cast
Actor 1 (Movie1, Movie2)
Actor 2 (Movie1, Movie2)
Actress 3 (Movie1)

Supporting Cast
Actor 4 (Movie1, Movie2)
Actress 5 (Movie1)
Actress 6 (Movie1, Movie2)
Actor 7 (Movie1, Movie2)
Actor 8 (Movie1)
Actor 9 (Movie1, Movie2)

Original Music by
Ludwig Von Musicface (The Emotion Train)

Cinematography by
Pan McLensface (My Favorite Alien)

Film Editing by
Hal McSpliceface (Historical War Epic Movie IX)

Art Direction by
Ivanna McPrettycolourface (The Lampshade Theives)

Sound Design by
Echo McHighpassface (War of the Amplifiers)

--------OPTIONAL--------

Assisstant Director
Knot McDirectorface Jr. (Why Am I Still Making Up Names?)

Costume Design
Puff McGiantskirtface (This is Getting Old Quick)

Stunts by
Broken McFaceface (Arrrgghhhhhuhuh! III)

Choreography (dancing or fighting) by
Tiger McPunchuindaface (The Wrath of Jackie Chan)

Expert Consultant
Ino McEverythingface (Marching Band Docudrama)

Visual Effects by
ILM (Steven Spielberg presents: Giant Fucking Robots)

AND THAT'S IT!!!! It's a lot, but I know you'll all have fun. I hope you do.

Leading off:

Action - Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Metropolis: Present Day
Approx Running Time: 127 Minutes

Directed by
Brad Bird (The Incredibles)

Written by
Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake)
Grant Morrison ('All-Star Superman')
Mark Millar ('Superman: Red Son')

Leading Cast
Jon Hamm ('Mad Men')
Cate Blanchett (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
Hugo Weaving (The Matrix)

Supporting Cast
Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List)
Hugh Laurie ('House')
Michael Angarano (Sky High)
Brian Cox (Manhunter)

Original Music by
Michael Giacchino (Up)

Cinematography by
Anthony Dod Mantle (Slumdog Millionaire)

Film Editing by
Maryann Brandon, Mary Jo Markey (Star Trek)

Art Direction by
Niall Moroney (Sherlock Holmes)

Sound Design by
Ben Burtt (Wall-E)

Hah. Nice deal. I don't know how I ever could have expected anyone to really dig into this with that convoluted guideline back then. I think people should be encouraged to put ideas out there as simple as they want this time, and go hog wild with plot ideas and stuff if they want. Should probably include something like that in your OP if you still have time to edit.

Hah. Nice deal. I don't know how I ever could have expected anyone to really dig into this with that convoluted guideline back then. I think people should be encouraged to put ideas out there as simple as they want this time, and go hog wild with plot ideas and stuff if they want. Should probably include something like that in your OP if you still have time to edit.

Gotcha.

I think the guidelines are a good idea, otherwise people like Dalton would just come in here and start throwing out shit like "Anal Eskimo Gangbang" and expect us to fill in the blanks.

Back
Top Bottom