The Eurovision Song Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UK last :lol:

Only reason to watch Eurovision is for the fit ladies

On the musical side -maNga were pretty good. The Turks always put up a good show

Greece wuz robbed.

Too many ballads. Not enough cheese. Or drums. And where were all the short skirts? Eurovision, do better next year!!!

Well the winner had a huge lead so the final result wasn't exciting, but it was fun to watch whether UK would come last and which former Soviet republics would give Mother Russia some points :lol:

The butterfly wings were gold!

We were kind enough to give them 12 points. :lol: I was surprised why the hell Russia was being booed after receiving points, it happened on a few occasions. Maybe mob was in the crowd.

:hmm:

Greece had my votes. OPAAAA!

Moldova's entry made my head explode, so that came second for me.

To be honest the Greek song was stuck in my head long after the show finished, very catchy. Turkey's and Iceland's were very good also.

As for us, mmm, yeah, it sucks that we finished second last but it is understandable. Our song was quite cheesy.

My fav songs (not including the Uk because we're not allowed to vote for your own country):

Austria: 12 points
Azerbaijan: 10 points
Spain: 8 points
Georgia: 7 points
Ukraine: 6 points (not as good as their wining song in 2004)
Serbia: 5 points
Denmark: 4 points
Germany 3 points
Moldova: 2 points (yes, I actually do like Balkan and East European folk music. It's an acquired taste)
Estonia: 1 point

The second half of songs were better than the first thus Ireland fell out of my preferences as the show went on.

I thought the Slovenian singer was uncannily like Christina Agulira in the way she posed and strutted around the stage. Even in the way she held the mic

So, what do we think of Engelbert's chances?

It's a beautiful song with a very nice melody and it's very pleasant to listen to - a classic Eurovision song in the best sense of the word.

Therefore, since the contest has become more of a freak show than a song festival, it has no chance at all.

The hair and sideburns on the Israel performance's lead singer. Oh my god. :lol:

I thought Montenegro's was awesome although I think I'm alone in that thought.

Those "sideburns" looked like the thing you take into the changeroom at clothing stores to show how many items you've got.

Israel was a glorious train wreck.

Back
Top Bottom