The Eurovision Song Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Finns have GOT to win this year. :lmao:
I can't believe Brian Kennedy is Ireland's entrant. He's actually very, very talented which goes against 50 years of Eurovision tradition :mad:

:wink:

Actually though I do quite like Daz Sampson's song. Should I be worried? :uhoh:

And, of-course, Terry is a legend :bow:

:wink:

Ah, the Eurovision Songfestival... I watched as well, and I really must say, some of the contestants really brought tears to my eyes from laughing ;)

Just to dispell any ideas that people might have about our entry being a bit perverted:

1181650314.jpg

:|

TheQuiet1 said:
The Finns have GOT to win this year. :lmao:
I can't believe Brian Kennedy is Ireland's entrant. He's actually very, very talented which goes against 50 years of Eurovision tradition :mad:

Brian's alright...he has some schmaltzy stuff and some good stuff...used to play guitar in my Gran's living room too..that was when he was going out with my aunt:wink:

Yes...i'm name dropping:p

He is a pretty talented musician, he can play pretty much anything I think:up:

Oh my G**!! This is the first time Finland has ever won the Eurovision song contest!!! I don't know whether to cheer or hang my head in shame!?! :eeklaugh:

In case anyones wondering, I'm from Finland!! :wink:

I don't know whether to :rockon: or :laugh: Finland entry.

Did anyone watch the voting? They had a confident lead all along...

LJT said:

Brian's alright...he has some schmaltzy stuff and some good stuff...used to play guitar in my Gran's living room too..that was when he was going out with my aunt:wink:

Yes...i'm name dropping:p

He is a pretty talented musician, he can play pretty much anything I think:up:

:impressedbyLJT'sclaimtofamenamedroppingsmilie: Your Gran should've bootlegged those performances :wink:

I thought the three highlights of Eurovision were:

1. The 'Amazing' female host getting slightly bitchy about France's refusal to give the scores in English.

2. And they say the Germans don't have a sense of humour :lol: Though I did find myself quite enjoying the song :uhoh:

3. Fathers4Justice storming the stage of the National Lottery Live Draw minutes before Eurovision was about to start. My dad was absolutely disgusted by the way Eamonn Holmes moved out of the way of the protesters and stood BEHIND Sarah Cawood. :lol:

I felt sorry for poor little Malta hardly getting any points. Its song was just as good (well, perhaps 'good' is the wrong word) as the dross Russia did. And that guy's a sex symbol in Eastern Europe? :ohmy: Specsavers should open a few shops over there, its profits would quadruple overnight. ;)

It always amazes me on Eurovision how many countries who hate each others guts vote for each other regardless of the song. WTF is that all about?

And it's time to face facts. The only way the UK has a hope in Heck of winning Eurovision now is if we enter a song entitled 'Je suis tres desole', apologising for all the things we've ever done to annoy our European friends. It'd naturally have to be sung in French to get the full 12 points from France. Even if that doesn't win at least we can console ourselves by having the longest song in Eurovision history. ;)

Oh yeah that reminds me. What's with all the English? PLEASE sing in your native language. Given the horrific 'quality' of some of the lyrics- PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU! DO NOT SING IN ENGLISH!!

(without reading the other replies)

Without a doubt, this contest has truly gone downhill and has turned into a CON-test....mainly they're trying to CON us into believing that that collection of noise was actually a song and that those Frankenstein rejects were actually singers (no offence to the Finnish people on this board).

In terms of production, my hat is off to the Greeks who did a truly amazing job. However in terms of content......I wish I had my barf bag with me.

Israel's entry was boring as hell and I'm surprised we got even the 4 "pity" points from France (vive la france!!).

This contest needs a major overhaul otherwise the stage will be left to the creaps in masks and the Shakira wannabes.....

The ONLY thing that prevented me from smashing in my TV set was waiting for the voting and praying that Bosnia would win - that was an AMAZING song.

In short, on a scale of 1 to 10 = -30.

:barf: :sick: :down: :blahblah: :banghead: :grumpy: :rant: :censored:

P.S.: Where's Frank Kneff when you need him?

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:
Oh my G**!! This is the first time Finland has ever won the Eurovision song contest!!! I don't know whether to cheer or hang my head in shame!?! :eeklaugh:

HELEN!!!! CHEER!!! I'm so damn proud that Lordi won! :lol: I'd rather look and listen to "the monsters" than the embarrassing half-naked blondes who all look & sound the same. For the first time in my life I actually did watch the whole show and laughed at it as much as I'd thought I would...:laugh: I really don't think the contest has much to do with music anymore (although there were maybe two or three decent songs in there), it's all about SHOW. And who had a better show than Lordi? Yep, no one. And I do like the song too, it's really catchy when you hear it a couple of times.

So ladies and gentlemen, from the land of monsters :wink: , I've got three words for you...

HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH! :rockon:

:lmao:

Last edited:
AchtungBono said:

Without a doubt, this contest has truly gone downhill and has turned into a CON-test....mainly they're trying to CON us into believing that that collection of noise was actually a song and that those Frankenstein rejects were actually singers (no offence to the Finnish people on this board).

:lol:

You miss understand me Ava! I'm not ashamed of Lordi, I know for a fact, coz I've listen to a couple of interviews, that they've worked hard at their act, music as well as costume. But it's the Eurovision Song Contest for heavens sake, a total joke contest with useless songs and even more useless singers!! So it was almost garanteed that Lordi would win! :lol:

Lol at Terry Wogan's comment during Las Ketchup's performance: "I just don't think Spain
cares anymore" [5 minutes later during France's performance] "I don't think France cares anymore either!" :lmao:

I'm really a brilliant name dropper...my great uncle met Hendrix ya know:sexywink:

Last time a good entry won Eurovision was Ireland with 'The Voice', the girl had a great voice to start with and the music had a bit of a trad Irish thing to it....this of course may be my bias:p

Honestly it would be so much better if the countries picked entrants that actually reflect their country's culture.

Them all singing in English nearly gets very boring, plus all the songs sound the same now too because they all copy each other:huh:

^:lol:
LJT said:

Honestly it would be so much better if the countries picked entrants that actually reflect their country's culture.

Exactly my feelings too. Imagine what the UK's would be like though. Welsh choir backed by Scottish bagpipes and English morris dancers. Haven't a clue how we'd sneak Northern Ireland's culture into it without nicking stuff from Ireland's entry though. :hmm: How about everyone dressed in a Glasgow Rangers strip as a nod to the Unionists? :wink:

We could have IRA bombers in the audience too:hyper:

That would make Eurovision interesting...Ladies and gentlemen your seats have been wired to explosives, if you do not clap and cheer they shall be detonated....

wait...by the looks of things they already do that:wink:

hcbiggs2002 said:
You miss understand me Ava! I'm not ashamed of Lordi, I know for a fact, coz I've listen to a couple of interviews, that they've worked hard at their act, music as well as costume. But it's the Eurovision Song Contest for heavens sake, a total joke contest with useless songs and even more useless singers!! So it was almost garanteed that Lordi would win! :lol:

I couldn't agree more with you, and sorry for not getting your point the first time! (I'm a bit slo-o-ow sometimes!:wink: )

I love it - I am abit annoyed at the two semi final concept we get this year. SBS in Australia will be screening only one semi and the final apparently...

I'm booking Monday 26 May off work this year. Eurovision night needs my total attention, and getting up early (and sober :shifty: ) are incompatible....

Back
Top Bottom