The Dragonball(Z) thread! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 12:58 PM
The Dragonball(Z) thread!

After having this avatar for a while a few people acknowledged it and we sorta thought of starting a thread.
I hope this is the proper location but I'm not sure, since it's an anime, yet also there's the manga and the games.

I'm playing the DS game Dragonball Origins lately, which is pretty awesome and follows the anime nicely. It's a pretty good game!

So, who are the fans here, what have you watched, what are your favourite characters/games/movies/episodes?

Post away!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:58 AM
I've seen most of DB, all of DBZ (as well as having recorded it all), and parts of GT. DB was alright, DBZ was my favourite, GT kinda sucked. Having said that, I remember when I was going into high school, waiting on GT. It took so long to come out and it was so disappointing.

Vegeta's my favourite character by far. I used to draw him a lot.
Example:

As for the games, I have played the first three Tenkaichi Budokai games and a GBA one whose title escapes me at the moment ...
I also played the card game pretty extensively in my early teens.

Anyhoo, my favourite saga is the Frieza Saga.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
The Male

Local Time: 03:58 AM
DBZ was a favorite of mine in my youth.

Kind of sucks that it takes 15 episodes for anything interesting to happen though.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:28 PM
^ That's why I read the manga instead, usually. Great art, and you can read it at your own pace, which is usually about five pages per second. Worth some investment, though.

I have a soft sport for Dragon Ball, it's not just a mad martial arts series to me, it's also really screwed up in great ways. You know, like how there's absolutely no explanation as to why the prime minister of the world is a dog. I love that.

My favourite characters are Tenshinhan and Piccolo.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Galeonbroad

I love it how in the new game they BARELY censor it. Like, son Goku is naked at several ocasions, Oolong wears the girl panties on his head, Roshi is a perve as usual.
The only thing I can think of is that when Goku promises Roshi that Bulma will take a walk with him, when Oolong transfers into her he does a little workout instead of taking off his top.

That Vegeta drawing is cool! I should take pics of my drawings someday.. I think I have a scan somewhere..

Make that had. It's gone, must've left it on my old pc.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #6
45:33

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Used to LOVE this show, every single morning I used to get up and watch Pokemon and this before school. Frieza saga was my favourite too, though I agree with LemonMelon though, I used to hate how this would happen:

Goku: "You killed my friends!"
Enemy: "Hahahahaha"
Goku: "Aarrrrrgggghhh"

Next 15 minutes were spent either powering up or going "kamehamehamehame..."

"Join us next time for the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z"
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Personally favourite saga was the cell saga, just because Gohan was always my favourite, so it was his turn to shine though, pissed me off when they got to the whole Buu saga thing and he started off as the Great Saiyaman, way too wimpy.

I've only ever watched the anime and never read the manga, but perhaps someone here might know. During the end fight of the Frieza saga, it seems Frieza has Goku beat, hits him into the planets crust if I remember correctly. Then Gohan shows up gets angry and lays into Frieza for a bit. It was at this point where they made the wish on the Dragonballs to bring everyone killed by Frieza back to life right? I always thought Frieza had actually killed Goku, but Goku was brought back to life by the Dragonballs obviously a bit stronger, as seems to be the effect on Saiyans.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Used to LOVE this show, every single morning I used to get up and watch Pokemon and this before school. Frieza saga was my favourite too, though I agree with LemonMelon though, I used to hate how this would happen:

Goku: "You killed my friends!"
Enemy: "Hahahahaha"
Goku: "Aarrrrrgggghhh"

Next 15 minutes were spent either powering up or going "kamehamehamehame..."

"Join us next time for the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z"
That's right! I totally forgot about that, so frustrating! That's the only bad part about the shows, sometimes it's just way tooo long waiting before something happens.

My fave saga is the whole Boo saga's, Majin Vegeta!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:58 AM
are you guys stoked for the new live action movie?

It's gonna su-u-uck....
Old 01-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Mr Marsters looks cool as Piccolo though.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:58 AM
Spike

I haven't actually seen a picture of him yet... he's the green guy, right?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
are you guys stoked for the new live action movie?

It's gonna su-u-uck....
Live action in combination with an anime/manga is obviously going to suck yea.

I'm still not sure wether I want to go see this or not. I mean, I got told that they omitted both Tien and KRILLIN! That makes no sense, he's a main character and Goku's best friend!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I believe they have a created a combined Tien and Krillin character
Old 01-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:58 AM
used to love that show. i miss it being run on cartoon network. somehow i never did see the cell saga. i fell asleep during the garlic jr shit all three times i tried to watch it. DB used to put me to sleep as well. never saw GT. boo was probably my favorite, vegeta had some great quotes in that saga, although it started to lose me with some of the fusion characters toward the end.

how the hell do you leave out krillin? or combine him with tien? that might actually be worse...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:28 PM
The movie looks really lame, but I'll see it anyway, since I'd like to see what they can do with the series. Grandpa Gohan is basically the only character that looks even remotely like the original counterpart, and even that's a stretch since he was basically never in it anyway. The whole thing just seems almost too Karate Kid to me. Anyway, I'm mainly pissed off Tien and Chaozu aren't in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Personally favourite saga was the cell saga, just because Gohan was always my favourite, so it was his turn to shine though, pissed me off when they got to the whole Buu saga thing and he started off as the Great Saiyaman, way too wimpy.

I've only ever watched the anime and never read the manga, but perhaps someone here might know. During the end fight of the Frieza saga, it seems Frieza has Goku beat, hits him into the planets crust if I remember correctly. Then Gohan shows up gets angry and lays into Frieza for a bit. It was at this point where they made the wish on the Dragonballs to bring everyone killed by Frieza back to life right? I always thought Frieza had actually killed Goku, but Goku was brought back to life by the Dragonballs obviously a bit stronger, as seems to be the effect on Saiyans.
Yeah, the whole Great Saiyaman was a bit of a put off too, because the Cell saga was so great. It took a while for me to really settle into the Boo saga, but it's got some good stuff in it.

I don't remember all of that exactly, but Goku didn't die on Namek. Not sure if it changed in the anime, but in the manga Gohan is rescuing Bulma while that part of the fight is going on. Mr. Popo asks for the wish of bringing everyone back to life using the Earth Shenlong, and Dende does the Namekian Shenlong wish for everyone but Goku and Freeza to be transported to Earth. Hope that's what you mean there.

Tags
db, dbz, dragonball, dragonball z