The Dragonball(Z) thread! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:54 AM
but there was that awesome vegeta line in the buu saga.

too bad i can't remember what it was. i wonder if i can find it...

Old 05-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Speaking of the Buu Saga, I read somewhere that originally Toryiama wanted to end DBZ with Cell... Makes more sense to me, anyway...
Yeah, I think I read this once before, too. That makes sense - Goku's dead, Gohan's shown he can kick arse on his own, etc. But I don't have anything against the Boo saga - in fact I just read the last few volumes of the manga for the first time, and even though a lot of it seems rushed and particularly ridiculous and outlandish (even for Dragon Ball!), I still like how some of the loose ends are tied up. But it's certainly weaker than the Cell, Freeza and Saiyan sagas. It does have some good bits though, like Vegeta's suicide attack against Majin Boo.

I still haven't seen the movie, I'm not even sure if it's still in cinemas.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #33
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I still haven't seen the movie, I'm not even sure if it's still in cinemas.
I downloaded a R5 version. Don't tell anyone

It's not that Boo Saga was bad. It was pretty good, but compared with the rest of the sagas... I mean until the end of the Cell's Saga, the story was "continuous" if you know what I mean.

Dragon Ball was a quest and it end up with Goku marrying. DBZ starts with him having a son and someone (brother) from his past coming to "collect" him. We learn about his past that explains a lot. He fights him and kills him, but his brother calls the rest of the sayajins. So they train to fight them.

Piccollo dies and after the fight with Vegeta(fuck what a great fight) they have to go to namek to search for another dragon balls. Then frieza appears, etc etc etc.

They come back only to discovery that Dr.Gero (Red Ribbon - Dragon Ball) has something on his sleeves and wants to kill Goku. You know the rest. Everything had a "perfect" flow.

The Boo Saga appeared from "nowhere". Even though Vegeta going mad in the stadium and wanting to fight goku was awesome
Old 05-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #34
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:54 PM
What is kind of annoying is after Gohan became kick-ass at the end of the cell saga, they neuter him an awful lot, onwards in the Buu saga.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 AM   #35
45:33

Local Time: 02:54 AM
The Buu saga for me was just ridiculous, both because it was overlong and just some of the shit that happened. Like that episode where Piccolo and Gotenks got stuck in another dimension.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
I downloaded a R5 version. Don't tell anyone

It's not that Boo Saga was bad. It was pretty good, but compared with the rest of the sagas... I mean until the end of the Cell's Saga, the story was "continuous" if you know what I mean.

Dragon Ball was a quest and it end up with Goku marrying. DBZ starts with him having a son and someone (brother) from his past coming to "collect" him. We learn about his past that explains a lot. He fights him and kills him, but his brother calls the rest of the sayajins. So they train to fight them.

Piccollo dies and after the fight with Vegeta(fuck what a great fight) they have to go to namek to search for another dragon balls. Then frieza appears, etc etc etc.

They come back only to discovery that Dr.Gero (Red Ribbon - Dragon Ball) has something on his sleeves and wants to kill Goku. You know the rest. Everything had a "perfect" flow.

The Boo Saga appeared from "nowhere". Even though Vegeta going mad in the stadium and wanting to fight goku was awesome
Yeah, I definitely agree that everything wrapped up nicely in the Cell saga. That last attack against Cell is still my favorite DBZ moment along with Goku going Super Saiyan.

I think the Buu saga would have been a lot better if it was much shorter and didn't have so much filler. I mean, first we have Goku in that Martial Arts Tournament while he's dead, then we have Gohan in that horrible superhero outfit, then we have the World Tournament back on Earth. All of that is before we even hear about Buu. That saga needed an editor more than most of the others.

Speaking of additional sagas, what does everyone here think of Dragonball GT?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #37
45:33

Local Time: 02:54 AM
Was that the one where he turned Super Saiyan 75 or some shit? Had red hair and a tail? Yeah, never got into it.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #38
Galeonbroad

The thread LIVES!

GT imo was... weird. I always considered it fake since it's not by Akira. I did watch it purely for Vegeta's moustache though. Wasn't he the one who said a real saiyan's hair doesn't grow?

Anyone heard about the remakes? In Japan they're remaking the first saga's of DBZ, with new technology, better computers and MORE according to the manga!
Though the Japanese voices are awful to me so I'd rather wait for the English dub.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey788 View Post
Speaking of additional sagas, what does everyone here think of Dragonball GT?
I don't think I ever watched a full episode. Looked rubbish, just all about extra Super Saiyan levels and awesoma-powah and all that shit I didn't really care about anyway... hell, once the power levels were getting into the millions by the end of the Freeza saga I felt a little put out. You can only go so far with that.

That's one thing I like about the fights in Dragon Ball, some of them are actually believable and they're not all spent with powering up.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #40
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Anyone heard about the remakes? In Japan they're remaking the first saga's of DBZ, with new technology, better computers and MORE according to the manga!
Though the Japanese voices are awful to me so I'd rather wait for the English dub.
DragonBall Kai

yeah, the pace in this one is alot better. They'll remove all the fillers too

In five episodes he's already in Kaio's Place
Old 05-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #41
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It's not a remake though just a re-edit...unlike say Full Metal Alchemist which they are already completely remaking even though it was only out 4 years ago.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #42
Babyface

Local Time: 11:54 AM
The Majin Vegeta vs. Goku fight has got to be one of my favorite parts of the buu saga but as a whole the cell saga was probably the best

Tags
db, dbz, dragonball, dragonball z