The Dragonball(Z) thread! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 AM   #16
45:33

Local Time: 08:50 AM
I liked the Cell saga, but it lost me with the Buu saga. That went on for way too fucking long.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:50 PM
The Dende and Popo thing did happen in the anime, but I strictly remember Gohan having a fight with Frieza because he believes Goku is dead, then Goku appears out of Nameks surface again shortly after the wishes have been made.

Probably a difference between the anime and manga then.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
The Dende and Popo thing did happen in the anime, but I strictly remember Gohan having a fight with Frieza because he believes Goku is dead, then Goku appears out of Nameks surface again shortly after the wishes have been made.

Probably a difference between the anime and manga then.
Hmm, nah - I can't find it in the manga. I do remember what you mean now, though. I know a few other things were added into the anime for that saga though, like the Ginyu force showing up at King Kai's place and getting beaten by Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:50 AM
Never really understood this show, but my bro watched it heaps, I thought the fat characters looked pretty cool, so they were my favourites, Android 19 and Mr Popo....
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
Galeonbroad

I just saw the ad for the movie. Oh god that's AWFUL!

Has anyone seen it yet?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to see it with one of my mates, she really wanted to see it anyway, and then I told her how much it's supposed to suck, and now we both want to see it even more. Good times.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #22

Piccolo
Old 04-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #23
Babyface

Local Time: 11:50 PM
Never saw the DBZ series
But I've read the whole (42 books long?) manga tho, and I love it!
Played some of the Dragonball games for the PS2 too, and they were great

I just like the whole idea with the dragonball universe, that you can get stronger and stronger ... without limits! ... but still, someone will always be stronger than you!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:45 AM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 04:50 PM
I'm a pretty big Dragonball Z fan. My favorite saga is probably the Cell saga. There are some great fights in there and I much prefer Cell's personality to Frieza's annoying voice or Buu's...annoying voice.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I can already tell from the trailer that it's going to destroy everything about Dragonball that my childhood held dear. I mean, really, who thought the stupid teen from War of the Worlds remake would make a good Goku? When did that become a good idea?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #25

There's one thing which sums up the movie. And that's Piccolo.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #26
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey788 View Post
I'm a pretty big Dragonball Z fan. My favorite saga is probably the Cell saga. There are some great fights in there and I much prefer Cell's personality to Frieza's annoying voice or Buu's...annoying voice.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I can already tell from the trailer that it's going to destroy everything about Dragonball that my childhood held dear. I mean, really, who thought the stupid teen from War of the Worlds remake would make a good Goku? When did that become a good idea?
It's not that bad...plus have you ever heard Goku's voice in the original Japanese version? It's awful. He's a better Goku than whoever did him originally...

Anyway there is a re-edited version of Dragon Ball Z being shown in Japan at the moment Dragon Ball Kai, removing the filler episodes and just re-editing to make it zip along better and follow the manga more closely, hopefully a reduction in the 20 minute episodes of people just staring at each other.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
It's not that bad...plus have you ever heard Goku's voice in the original Japanese version? It's awful. He's a better Goku than whoever did him originally...

Anyway there is a re-edited version of Dragon Ball Z being shown in Japan at the moment Dragon Ball Kai, removing the filler episodes and just re-editing to make it zip along better and follow the manga more closely, hopefully a reduction in the 20 minute episodes of people just staring at each other.
Oh yeah, I think it must have been a woman who originally voiced Goku - very high pitched. I couldn't take the first few episodes I watched in the original Japanese seriously. The best dub I've heard is the Mexican one.

That sounds pretty cool, I bought the first series on DVD recently, the Saiyan Saga (probably my favourite) and I'm surprised with just how many shitty filler episodes there are in it. I also forgot that the series had a stupid subplot of the other characters at Master Roshi's watching the Saiyan battle on TV, which just completely destroys the flow of the whole thing... one of many reasons why I prefer the manga anyway - not to sound elitist or anything, I just like taking the story at my own pace (quickly) rather than having to watch three episodes for someone to punch a character.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #28

That was the only thing that annoyed me about DBZ... the episodes in which one of the three things happened:

- one of the characters spent 10 minutes powering up
- one of the characters spent 10 minutes building energy, or in some cases the entire episode
- "you killed ...! you'll pay!"
- one of the charcters stands in one spot, sweating, blabbering in shock, for 10 minutes, Piccolo was especially good at this

Why
-
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #29

That was the only thing that annoyed me about DBZ... the episodes in which one of the three things happened:

- one of the characters spent 10 minutes powering up
- one of the characters spent 10 minutes building energy, or in some cases the entire episode
- "you killed ...! you'll pay!"
- one of the charcters stands in one spot, sweating, blabbering in shock, for 10 minutes, Piccolo was especially good at this

Why the Buu saga was a bit annoying.
-
Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #30
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:50 PM
I just saw it. Why? Why? Why tarnish the image of this brilliant anime with this painfull movie?

Speaking of the Buu Saga, I read somewhere that originally Toryiama wanted to end DBZ with Cell... Makes more sense to me, anyway...

I didn't care about Buu...

Tags
db, dbz, dragonball, dragonball z