The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be nice to the many males in this thread, I won't post any more ass pics. But I'm sure you ladies can be resourceful and find them on the net. ;)

But I will leave you with this as I shut off the computer soon and pack to fly to Wisconsin.

2699893719_294b15ff01_o.jpg

To be nice to the many males in this thread, I won't post any more ass pics. But I'm sure you ladies can be resourceful and find them on the net. ;)

But I will leave you with this as I shut off the computer soon and pack to fly to Wisconsin.

2699893719_294b15ff01_o.jpg

But Wolverine still buries Bale's buddy underground, Eli.

This movie is still damn good, but I have a soft spot for Burton's first Batman.

I'm kinda glad they didn't make him that creepy. I can see only the dark aspect of Joker in those looks, none of the humor.

Standouts: Dent, Gordon, and most of all, Joker. Forget "stealing", he kidnapped and owned TDK. Every scene with him, or him with Bale, was electrifying. The lip smaking, twiching, voice change...incredible.
Action scenes were well done, as was most of the script with its twists and post 9/11 terrorist safety/freedom dilemma and good/evil thin line themes. It may do what LOTR did for fantasy movies in terms of superhero/comic based movies. If Nolan is planning a Batman 3, we may get ourselves a first fine trilogy since Rings, too.

Good: Batman and Alfred. I still prefer M. Keaton as Batman but Bale will do as well. I liked the change in his voice when he was Batman and Caine is the perfect Alfred.

Bad: The death was a shock, but as was the case with Batman Begins, Rachel Dawes is the weakest link. A tad long last half hour - and my main issue was with Two Face's actions. (he looked dead but they may spin it somehow if they plan a trilogy)
Fine, payback for the cops that went to Rachel's (yet let one live?) and okay, you're pissed of at Batman because he saved you instead of Rachel but why Gordon ? It's not his fault corrupted cops worked with Joker. Speaking of which, he had to have figured out Joker orkestrated that whole thing yet he doesn't take him out in hospital.
Lastly, the film could do with a little (a tad of the sequelitis) less of bigger is better attitude in terms of action scenes.

Overall, very intelligent "blockbuster" thriller, and it really set the bar high for any action movies this year (Quantum Solace, I'm looking at you), let alone superhero/comic movies (Spiderman, ready ?).

As for the switcharoo: I think Joker set it up. He knew Batman would go for Rachel so he led him to Dent in actuality. If Batman tells Dent he was going for Rachel that would make no difference nor help out in that last scene with Gordon's kids.

My question after the movie was: in keeping with the theme of duality of good/evil and the thin line between the two in dire circumstances, why not reveal Two Face and Joker's work behind him and keep Batman, the only real protection, the hero ?

My question after the movie was: in keeping with the theme of duality of good/evil and the thin line between the two in dire circumstances, why not reveal Two Face and Joker's work behind him and keep Batman, the only real protection, the hero ?

It would be easy, especially since they captured him, to sell the official story as: "Joker wanted revenge because Dent survived, and revenge on the only uncorrupted cop, Gordon. Batman saves the day."

Also, while I believe the ordinary citizen would have a problem blowing up a whole ship of people, would that really apply to the other boat loaded with criminals ?

Also, while I believe the ordinary citizen would have a problem blowing up a whole ship of people, would that really apply to the other boat loaded with criminals ?

I'm an ordinary citizen. I wouldn't blow up a boat loaded with criminals in that situation. I would've jumped off the fucking boat.

For the record, Pineapple Express > The Dark Knight.

*hides*

You don't have to hide, Lance. There is this guy that sits on a bench near my favorite coffee shop everyday. So what you might ask. Well, this man spends hours a day feeding birds that aren't there. He talks to the birds, tears up bread and throws it to them for several hours a day. I mention this because when I first started to go to this coffee shop, I couldn't take my eyes off him. His craziness really weirded me out. However, now when I go I hardly even notice him. His insanity has become part of my normal existence. So, you don't have to hide Lance.

Back
Top Bottom