The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have we run out of so many things to critique that we've had to settle for rating Laz's puns and such?

Have we run out of so many things to critique that we've had to settle for rating Laz's puns and such?

This is a rough idea of what I'd do with the next movie. It would revolve around the idea of masks and roles. The police hunt Batman while he pursues The Joker. He thinks he has found The Joker. Instead he finds Joker's dead body under a blood stained Harley Quinn. He takes her back to the Batcave and questions her only to realize The Joker's ideas of chaos and insane mind lives on in her. At the same time an actor goes mad when he loses his role in a film and kills people while acting as the main villain, mask and all (basically the origin of the first Clayface.) Batman lets Harley Quinn go for fear of taking out the revenge he had for Joker out on her. Unfortunately, she can't escape that she will always play the role of villain. She starts to complete the the terror Joker started. Clayface begins to mutilate himself unsure of who he is anymore. He is captured by the police and taken to Arkham Asylum. There he is experimented on by prison doctors. Batman finds Harley Quinn and is forced to kill her. In a moment of irony, a blood stained Batman stands over her just as she stood over The Joker. He realizes that he is as much a force of destruction of death as the villains he must fight. He looks to the sky to see a makeshift Bat signal. He finds the police station being savagely assaulted by a mutating Clayface. The two battle as Clayface's mutations are killing him. In his final moments, Batman takes mercy on him and ends his life. Batman is a force of good even in such a dark world. The film ends at Arkham where something is looking at a bat outside a prison window. The bat flies away and the screen turns to black as a loud, heavy flapping is heard.

Discuss.

Not exactly... just the idea or what you would do for the next film, casting ideas, etc...

The next Batman film should be directed by David Lynch.

Just so I can read Screwtape's thoughts on it.

I was actually banking on P.T. Anderson, but he lacks the soul to do it.

In all honesty though. I'm down with a Batman vs. everyone scenario, trying to keep the uneasy relationship with Gordon, now everyone's gunning for Batman, bringing in someone like Deadshot, Deathstrike, or badass British mobster The Penguin... juxtaposing that with the thread started by this film, the positive idea of Batman, and having more copycats crop up, including Selina Kyle / Catwoman.

At this point, I'm positive that whatever we get will be entertaining, at the very least. Casting-wise... I was one of the very many people who didn't like Ledger as The Joker or Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent, and they were pitch perfect, so what the hell do I know?

I think the guy that directed Memento should direct the next Batman. I loved Memento. I'd like it if Batman couldn't remember who he was or what he stood for, so he just tattooed notes to the Bat suit and went ape shit. Then, in the end it turns out that Danny DeVito really wasn't the Penguin at all. That'd be awesome.

Batman vs. everyone

That made me laugh. I just picture Batman against, literally, EVERYONE. Ha!

I don't know anything about the Batman universe other than what I've seen in the movies, but I think I prefer seeing a villain we haven't seen yet - sounds like there are more out there than the few we've seen.

I think the guy that directed Memento should direct the next Batman. I loved Memento. I'd like it if Batman couldn't remember who he was or what he stood for, so he just tattooed notes to the Bat suit and went ape shit. Then, in the end it turns out that Danny DeVito really wasn't the Penguin at all. That'd be awesome.

:)

That made me laugh. I just picture Batman against, literally, EVERYONE. Ha!

I don't know anything about the Batman universe other than what I've seen in the movies, but I think I prefer seeing a villain we haven't seen yet - sounds like there are more out there than the few we've seen.

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, there's Deathstrike the Terminator, Deadshot, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, The Mad Hatter, Dr. Strange, Clayface, The Ventriloquist and Scarface, The members of The League of Assassins, Black Mask, Hush, Firefly...

Of the lot, I like Deathstrike, Deadshot, Black Mask, and Hush the most for a future film.

Batman vs. Kane?

image4.jpg

Nate's a cunning Hispanic gentleman, I think he will.

Batman vs. Christy Brown made me laugh way more than it should have. I'm going straight to Hell.

Back
Top Bottom