The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I told him not to worry, I wouldn't ask to borrow them, lest I need to handle them with kitchen tongs and rubber gloves. ;)

Proper rare comic handling gear:

66986107.X24AZ9XF.IMG_080401.jpg

I particularly like the Tim Sale/Jeph Loeb graphic novels: The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, and Haunted Knight.

Well Ign.com is reporting rumors for the next Batman flick, that the Penguin and Riddler would be villans. Rumoured for the part of the Riddler is Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.

IGN: More Batman Villain Buzz

Saw it again this morning. Still really like it. It's a very ambitious popcorn flick with great performances all round (excluding Maggie-smirk-a-lot).

Few things really bugged me though. How the hell did Batman find out where Dent had taken that nutjob in the ambulance?

Why didn't Batman resume fighting The Joker after saving Rachel at the penthouse party? Very strange editing. It feels like there's an entire scene missing.

And why oh why didn't Gordon go after The Joker after Maroni told him exactly where he was going to be later that evening? This one really pissed me off.

Why didn't Batman resume fighting The Joker after saving Rachel at the penthouse party? Very strange editing. It feels like there's an entire scene missing.

Wow, I never even thought of that - excellent question!

But that's okay - I still :heart: this movie.

The only casting rumor I like is Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin... Bob Hoskins would be even better.

Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie are just... meh, for me. It's not like the casting for these two films have been that super A-list either.

Seriously - why toss around these big-money names? It's not like the first two Nolan Batmans were hurting for box office dough.

I have faith they'll pick good actors over Big Names, but that even if they do go with a Big Name, they know what they're doing.

Seriously - why toss around these big-money names? It's not like the first two Nolan Batmans were hurting for box office dough.

I have faith they'll pick good actors over Big Names, but that even if they do go with a Big Name, they know what they're doing.

Exactly.

I've got 2 of my 3 picks locked in for the 3 popular villains... still can't figure out The Riddler. Michael Emerson's a great pick, but I can't get behind that yet.

cori, can i drool all over ur avi cuz I tried real hard not to during the movie..:drool:

warning girly drool comment coming up: CHRISTIAN BALE IS SO INCREDIBLY HAWT IN THIS FILM.. HE IS JUST PLAIN HAWT!! OMG..
/endofdroolsession... i think.

This flick topped the box office again this weekend, beating the new Mummy flick. Whoot.

What would you all say to Eva Green as Catwoman, if that's the villian they went with?

I'd say both Batman and Patrick Bateman would approve.

358nhtw.gif

Just got back from seeing it again. I think it was a lot better the second time around. (Mind you we had a cranky 6 year old with us the first time!) The first time, I wasn't as into it because it had been driven into the ground for me and I really had little to no interest in seeing it. This time I was a little more open-minded with it. I noticed things I hadn't seen before and I jumped AGAIN at the fake Batman hitting the window. Looks like I'm not the only one who did, either. There was a woman in the row in front of us who I thought was gonna go right through the ceiling at that part.

I particularly love the Hospital Scene. Seeing The Joker slap at the detonator until it goes off and startles him just amuses me. :lol:
And the Batman voice annoys me just as much the second time, if not moreso.

There's just something about Ledger's Joker that you just can't get enough of :hmm:
I love how it makes you root for HIM instead of Batman through the entire movie. Makes for a nice change in scenery rather than mindlessly cheering the protagonist on.
(Unless I'm the only freak rooting for The Joker from start to finish. :hmm:)
I'm not really a big fan of Batman anyway, so I think Heath Ledger is probably a big reason to why this movie is growing on me. I wasn't really a big fan of him in the first place either, but his performance as The Joker really impressed me.

finally saw it.

almost impossibly good. i thought parts of it were extraordinary.

probably more violent than it had to be. how this one got a PG13 is beyond me.

finally saw it.

almost impossibly good. i thought parts of it were extraordinary.

probably more violent than it had to be. how this one got a PG13 is beyond me.

Yet there was no blood. A fair compromise, I think.

This flick topped the box office again this weekend, beating the new Mummy flick. Whoot.

What would you all say to Eva Green as Catwoman, if that's the villian they went with?

I'd say both Batman and Patrick Bateman would approve.

358nhtw.gif

Eva Green? Hell yes, now we're talking.

How about Casey Affleck for The Riddler?

Back
Top Bottom