The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the record, someone who read the shooting script of TDK says that Harvey is described as being "on the ground, with his neck broken, DEAD".

They didn't put this in the final cut, of course, but it seems like they did not intend on him coming back.

I still think it would be totally cheap, however they explain it.

The LiveJournal gossip community Ohnotheydidn't is chock FULL of random and hilarious Bale gifs, and they've been posted in, I swear, every thread this week. That one Lila posted is always a highlight - there are at least two versions of it now.

Each new post related to Batman or Bale rapidly devolves into a posting of those gifs and references to "Senor Bale."

It might either be a) my new mini-obsession with Senor Bale; or b) stress at work hitting me in odd ways; or c) general insanity, but I've been laughing very hard at all of them.

The truth has come out:

heathuschristmom-1.jpg

Stress at work? Of course I'm stressed about work.

I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!!!!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Do you think Batman would ever get laid off? Would he get severance? Would the city pay for his COBRA?

:uhoh:

:lmao: (for cori/NSW''s posts)

On TMZ tonight, they stated that when Bale was much younger, his parents divorced, and he had to choose which parent to live with. He chose the dad & moved to the states. I believe the mom is/was bitter, and they've been estranged. All this "news" may just be about money, since the mom & daughter are being offered $$ for interviews.

Oh, and on bestweekever.tv, there's this:

But we think we’ve figured all of it out. Why Christian has such vengeance and hatred for his own mother. Everything can pretty much be explained by the following sentence, taken from the UK newspaper, The Sun:

Mum Jenny, 61 — a part-time clown — is said to have claimed she was pushed over during the row, which broke out in –

Hold on, hold on. Repeat that first part again?

Mum Jenny, 61 — a part-time clown.

THE%20JOKER5.jpg

k... for those who saw the movie... Could i take my 10 yr old son to see this? Or is it too much. I know its PG13, some movies rated that i can take him to. Just wondering..

/kthxbai

k... for those who saw the movie... Could i take my 10 yr old son to see this? Or is it too much. I know its PG13, some movies rated that i can take him to. Just wondering..

/kthxbai

Having dated women with children your sons age

I would say no.

sometimes it is a problem when 80% of his friends have seen the movie.

Hopefully that will not be the case with this one.

Take him to see 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' in 3D

Hollywood Reporter

Dark Knight' has record run to $200 mil
Batman film on track to hit $450 mil domestically

By Carl DiOrio

July 23, 2008

Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight" has sprinted to $200 million in just five days, quicker than any movie in history and swift enough to get the prognosticators prognosticating big time.

The speediest $200 million grosser had been Sony's "Spider-Man 2," which raced past that mark in its first eight days after unspooling June 30, 2004, according to Nielsen EDI data.

But industry figures will scrutinize the "Batman Begins" sequel's performance for pace and longevity. So far, an analysis of EDI data shows "Dark Knight" on target to reach $450 million domestically, with a more distant shot at $500 million or more.

Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" -- considered roughly comparable to "Dark Knight" based on release date and audience -- fetched $423.3 million in domestic grosses after debuting July 7, 2006. Yet even before its second weekend in release, speculation has begun that "Dark Knight" will prove substantially more lucrative than the first "Pirates" sequel.

That's based primarily on the record $158.4 million opening for "Dark Knight." Barring precipitous drops during future frames -- and this week's daily grosses would seem to indicate otherwise -- the sheer scope of its colossal early success suggests a more lucrative theatrical run.

Should the Warners film prove equally as leggy as "Dead Man's Chest" during coming frames, "Dark Knight" could reach $496 million. That would make it the second-best domestic grosser ever after "Titanic," which grossed $600.8 million domestically and $1.84 billion worldwide after bowing in December 1997.

If "Dark Knight" somehow can muster an even better market hold than the "Pirates" sequel" -- a tough proposition, given the relatively modest 54% drop of "Dead Man's Chest" during its second weekend -- the Christian Bale starrer could develop into a $500 million-plus performer.

The coming weekend surely will see "Dark Knight" mark a big Friday-to-Friday drop, as the film's first day in release boasted thousands of midnight and early morning showtimes that won't be duplicated this Friday. That has Warners execs expecting a likely big weekend-to-weekend drop as well during the coming frame.

"Maybe Saturday and Sunday we'll hold like a rock, but I just don't know," Warners domestic distribution president Dan Fellman said.

Internationally, "Dark Knight" has fetched $53.4 million from the 20 territories in which it's bowed so far, with foreign openings set to continue into August.

The most amazing part of that article is how well "Dead Man's Chest" did. I thought that film was a bit of a mess. Not exactly the kind of sequel Dark Knight is. :shrug:

:lmao: (for cori/NSW''s posts)

Oh, and on bestweekever.tv, there's this:

But we think we’ve figured all of it out. Why Christian has such vengeance and hatred for his own mother. Everything can pretty much be explained by the following sentence, taken from the UK newspaper, The Sun:

Mum Jenny, 61 — a part-time clown — is said to have claimed she was pushed over during the row, which broke out in –

Hold on, hold on. Repeat that first part again?

Mum Jenny, 61 — a part-time clown.

THE%20JOKER5.jpg

This clown shit is cracking me up!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
My Mom...part time clown:lol:

Back
Top Bottom