The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's face it - the dried-up prunes of the Academy wouldn't give the Oscar to someone whose character hearts orgies and massacres anyway.

PatrickBateman.gif

and beats his mom and sister.

Now, now. It was assault, not battery, which could mean that he just yelled at them or something. Not that that's all sunshine and puppies or anything, but I'm going to hold on to that until the full story comes on.

Maybe his mom said they liked Iron Man better.

Allegedly.

Huh, I didn't know Bale was in Laurel Canyon. I'll move that up in the queue. Oh man, and how did I forget about Rescue Dawn? That just came out!

I'm curious about The Machinist, but I'm not in a hurry to see that.

And ... Swing Kids. Really? Hm. I may have to add that one to the same pile as Newsies.

Swing Kids: The Nazis are coming ... let's dance!

Okay. If I'm putting Reign of Fire in the queue, then Swing Kids has a place there, too.

But I'm still voting NO on Newsies.

That's why I LOVE that movie. If Independence Day were real, I would be dancing my heart out to negro music while Will Smith flew an alien spaceship into a large alien spacecraft. Can you see the symmetry there? Cosmic poetry ftmfw!

That made me laugh out loud. The word "negro" does that to me, actually. That word... will have new meaning after today.

Okay. If I'm putting Reign of Fire in the queue, then Swing Kids has a place there, too.

But I'm still voting NO on Newsies.

AND Reign has McConaughey! I can't believe he and Kate Hudson are doing a Foul Play remake, btw. That breaks my heart, Anakin.

The action sequences are infinitely better than the ones from Begins, methinks. Even the short fight sequence in Lao's building in Hong Kong tops any of the major sequences in Begins. One of the many things that makes this film superior to Begins, the previous high watermark for superhero films, in my opinion.

The close-in fighting is excellent brutal takedown stuff, ideal for special forces or police or street fighting, speaking as a martial artist. Especially right at the beginning where Batman takes on those guys dressed as him + Scarecrow.

The close-in fighting is excellent brutal takedown stuff, ideal for special forces or police or street fighting, speaking as a martial artist. Especially right at the beginning where Batman takes on those guys dressed as him + Scarecrow.

Absolutely.

I like how we got to see Scarecrow for a bit, but I wondered why he wasn't scarred at all from being tazed in the face. That UF guy can eat shit.

i saw the dark knight twice, first time because the sound was too low, and the listening device was not working (i am partially deaf)...so it was hard to follow the story half the time. so i was offered a second chance to see it another time. saweet. last night, saw it again, this time, i can honestly say, heath ledger's performance was brilliant, and aaron eckhart...daaaaayum!! i think pepokiss' review sums it up for me.

if you havent already...go see it.

I think it may be a bit premature to say this, but I'm gonna put it out there: this is the film that will redefine how superhero films are approached and made in the future.

If people got arrested every time they yelled at their Mom, I'd be in jail for life. That's just how we roll in The Bronx.

I can vouch for this.

My cousin lived in the Bronx. When I was 15, we visited and everyone's mom was hanging out the window screaming at their kids. Including my aunt. From 8 floors up :laugh: Every kid just gave it right back. Freakin' ruled :up:

I remember one game of stickball, deep smash broke through a window. Lady sticks head out window, screams profanity. Kids tell her where to go :lmao:

I loved NY.

I know, off topic again

Alright my nerdy minions, due to my athletic ability (I captained my hs bowling team and averaged 256/game as senior - can you say "Varsity Letter"?) and the fact that women and men in windowless vans find me attractive, I do not know as much about comic books as the rest of you.

However, I did love The Dark Knight. So, while we are all still feeling hot and bothered by the latest Batman let's turn our attention to the next movie. What direction do you think the next film should take? Nolan finished Batman Begins with a nod to the Jokers presence in the next film. He ended TDK with Gordon smashing the Bat Signal and Batman on the run. Will that be the dominant theme of the next film?

Which villains should Batman face in the next film? Should the Joker be recast and make another appearance?

The only assumption I have is that Christopher Nolan will be back to direct and that the actors of all the main characters (save Ledger, of course) will be back.

Ok my little nerdies: GO!

Alright my nerdy minions, due to my athletic ability (I captained my hs bowling team and averaged 256/game as senior - can you say "Varsity Letter"?) and the fact that women and men in windowless vans find me attractive, I do not know as much about comic books as the rest of you.

However, I did love The Dark Knight. So, while we are all still feeling hot and bothered by the latest Batman let's turn our attention to the next movie. What direction do you think the next film should take? Nolan finished Batman Begins with a nod to the Jokers presence in the next film. He ended TDK with Gordon smashing the Bat Signal and Batman on the run. Will that be the dominant theme of the next film?

Which villains should Batman face in the next film? Should the Joker be recast and make another appearance?

The only assumption I have is that Christopher Nolan will be back to direct and that the actors of all the main characters (save Ledger, of course) will be back.

Ok my little nerdies: GO!

It's been suggested in another thread that this time, Selina Kyle / Catwoman will come in, and I think that's probably what'll happen. The Penguin has also been mentioned, but I find that slightly less likely. Perhaps Freeze?

I highly doubt Joker will be back though - what actor would dare try and touch Ledger's performance?

Alternatively, it could go down another path and not have a villain at all, but be about Batman and his struggle against himself, or something like that. Perhaps a Bruce Wayne: Murderer? style story arc.

Two-Face might be back though, although I'm not entirely convinced either way.

I finally saw the Dark Knight last night and have to say I loved it! Honestly Im not really a fan of Batman so wasn't crazy about going. Made a promise though so I followed through with it. Really happy I did too because otherwise I would have missed out on one incredible movie! Heath's performance as the joker was just amazing! Was surprised by just how intense some scenes were but it was a pleasant surprise. I would see this movie again for sure.

On a sidenote since I live in Chicago it was nice recognizing certain areas in the movie.

It's been suggested in another thread that this time, Selina Kyle / Catwoman will come in, and I think that's probably what'll happen. The Penguin has also been mentioned, but I find that slightly less likely. Perhaps Freeze?

I highly doubt Joker will be back though - what actor would dare try and touch Ledger's performance?

Alternatively, it could go down another path and not have a villain at all, but be about Batman and his struggle against himself, or something like that. Perhaps a Bruce Wayne: Murderer? style story arc.

Two-Face might be back though, although I'm not entirely convinced either way.

Yeah, this should be interesting. Anybody catch the Catwoman reference in the Dark Knight?

I would actually like to see, or at least have reference to Joker and Two Face, one thing I hated about the first films is there was never any carry over.

Maybe have Joker orchestrating somethings from behind bars.

I think Riddler or Catwoman are the logical choices, I really don't think the Penguin or Freeze would carry over well in live action, especially freeze.

Back
Top Bottom