The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't notice the changes to the suit, either. I know he asked for the neck movement (because then he could back out of the driveway easier, har har har) but I didn't notice that he couldn't move his neck before, and I didn't notice if he could move it later.

I understand some people are very particular in the way they like their action sequences, and I've heard all the gripes about Nolan's direction of them, but I thought they were fine and dandy.

The only time it bothered me was the scene with the hostages and clowns in the warehouse with the swat team, and that was because the sonar vision (or whatever) made it very chaotic and discombobulating. But that might have been the point.

If you get the chance to watch Batman Tech on the History Channel, I'd recommend doing it. It was pretty damn cool.

I thought the new suit was very notieceable in closeups - it looked like he was wearing a helmet rather than a cowl. In other words, his head was a lot larger than his neck, which it wasn't before. (hopefully that makes sense...)

Also, the changes round the chest area and the gloves were pretty obvious to me. :shrug:

Patrick Bateman approves of the new Batsuit.

jkjcw5.gif

Patrick Bateman approves of the new Batsuit.

jkjcw5.gif

I saw this again today and absolutely love the bit of Bateman Bale puts into his Bruce Wayne.

Also, Bats timing the jump onto Scarecrow's truck reminded me of Bateman dropping the chainsaw on that hooker from the top of the staircase. And the Batpod going through the shopping center looked like a nod to The Blues Brothers - makes sense from the Chicago connections. I know this because Bono told me.

It holds up on second viewing. Of course it lacks the shock value of the plot twists, but seeing the foreshadowing of everything in the beginning was pretty damn cool, I thought. It's a favorite of mine already... even if Huey Lewis isn't doing the theme song.

Why am I not surprised...

:waiting:

The action sequences are infinitely better than the ones from Begins, methinks. Even the short fight sequence in Lao's building in Hong Kong tops any of the major sequences in Begins. One of the many things that makes this film superior to Begins, the previous high watermark for superhero films, in my opinion.

I saw this again today and absolutely love the bit of Bateman Bale puts into his Bruce Wayne.

Also, Bats timing the jump onto Scarecrow's truck reminded me of Bateman dropping the chainsaw on that hooker from the top of the staircase. And the Batpod going through the shopping center looked like a nod to The Blues Brothers - makes sense from the Chicago connections. I know this because Bono told me.

It holds up on second viewing. Of course it lacks the shock value of the plot twists, but seeing the foreshadowing of everything in the beginning was pretty damn cool, I thought. It's a favorite of mine already... even if Huey Lewis isn't doing the theme song.

You little bastard.

Heh - I have American Psycho on its way to me from Netflix. I saw it some years ago, but don't remember much about it (other than all the sex and gore, obviously).

I feel like screening some Christian Bale movies, so have put some more near the top of my queue ... but not Newsies. I have no use for Newsies.

Heh - I have American Psycho on its way to me from Netflix. I saw it some years ago, but don't remember much about it (other than all the sex and gore, obviously).

You'll love it.

So villains for the next film? I'm rooting for Two Face and BlackMask after thinking about it. The Penguin would make sense, too, because of his mob connections, and so would Catwoman / Selina Kyle to fill the void of the "lead female character."

In hindsight, The Riddler's a little too outlandish and similar to The Joker to work for a sequel, unless they want to play out the "revealing Batman's identity" plot point again.

If you get the chance to watch Batman Tech on the History Channel, I'd recommend doing it. It was pretty damn cool.

I was flipping channels last night & caught a few minutes of it. Had I known it was on, I would have recorded it (no TiVo in the bedroom). I'll have to watch for it to repeat.

There was an article in the L.A. Times on Sunday about the Batsuit:

His derring do-over - Los Angeles Times

The picture in the paper actually shows the belt at the waist. Can't find the pic online yet.
41111933.jpg

another googled photo
550124275_fcac79f545_o.jpg

I spent the whole first go-round of the movie thinking Eric Roberts was Peter Coyote.

You can't really blame me.

peter.jpg

eric.jpg

I feel like screening some Christian Bale movies, so have put some more near the top of my queue ... but not Newsies. I have no use for Newsies.

Did you ever see The Prestige? Because that has Bale AND Hugh Jackman AND David Bowie. Which is like triple-girl drool material.

And it's an awesome film.

Did you ever see The Prestige? Because that has Bale AND Hugh Jackman AND David Bowie. Which is like triple-girl drool material.

Fuck yes, and it's another Christopher Nolan film. Was The Dark Knight his first film with a linear narrative?

I also suggest 3:10 to Yuma, I'm Not There., and Equilibrium - the latter's extremely underrated as a sci-fi/action/kung fu with guns film.

I DID see it, just last year! It was not only a thoroughly entertaining film, but absolutely full of yum. :drool:

I recently saw I'm Not There and am not interested in seeing that one again. Really not that interested in 3:10 to Yuma at all (yes, I heard it's good, I'm just not interested).

I do, however, really want to see The New World again. I had completely forgotten he was in that. I'm very sorry I didn't see that one on the big screen.

He's going to be John Conner, Robin Hood, a gangster in a Michael Mann movie, and a dude who has to kill Javier Bardem, aka, this fucker:

2.jpg

Godspeed, Bale.

What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss, YLB? And your virginity doesn't count.

Besides flipping a nickel at Lance's mom doesn't really qualify as a 'coin toss'.

I asked Harvey to do my coin flips for me. I like his odds.

Other flips, I'll leave to Lance's Mom.

On a serious note, it shocks me that Bale hasn't gotten a single Oscar nom yet in his career. He's easily one of the 5 best actors working today, I think.

Back
Top Bottom