The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't get me started, woman.

I peed three times before the movie started (once when we got in line, again right after we were let in, and again before the previews). I even planned ahead of time and didn't have much to drink with my dinner.

Believe me, I do plan for these things. I can't help it. Don't judge me! :sad:

:hug:

Can you take me to IMAX with you? Has anyone seen the movie in both a regular theater and IMAX yes? Comparison? {I know you are going tomorrow}

Last edited:
Don't get me started, woman.

I peed three times before the movie started (once when we got in line, again right after we were let in, and again before the previews). I even planned ahead of time and didn't have much to drink with my dinner.

Believe me, I do plan for these things. I can't help it. Don't judge me! :sad:

Maybe you should plan better, since you're getting older:

un-depends.jpg

i saw some posts earlier in this thread that said that the last half hour was awful. i would have to strongly disagree:

- the ferry boat scene was incredibly intense
- the truck flipping over rocked
- two-face's character

just to name a few reasons.....

i was absolutely floored by this movie. just amazing. i know everyone raves over Ledger's amazing performance, but don't forget Christian Bale. i thought he was excellent.

:hug:

Has anyone seen the movie in both a regular theater and IMAX yes? Comparison?

I have seen it in both now and IMAX is ALWAYS better in my opinion. :wink: I also enjoyed the movie so much more the second time, probably both because of the IMAX experience and following along better the 2nd time. I have to say tho that I noticed a HUGE difference in the audio at the IMAX... it was awesome.

IMAX > Everything else. Make no compromises.

WTF, dude? Why is it that none of the IMAX's by us are showing it? Hoffman Center & Potomac Mills are showing Kung Fu Panda and Space Station 3D, and the Smithsonian is still showing U2:3D. Damn U2! :mad: :wink: :mad:

I just saw it tonight...and now am feeling a bit sad over the finality of Heath's passing...it is like it has just hit me:sad: as others have said here before me...he absolutely owned ever scene he was in and left me wanting more when he was not on screen....my favorite line.. "You complete me" I laughed out loud...actually I laughed quite a bit at the Joker...
I really enjoyed the movie...but my first comment to my friends upon leaving was..why did Batman have to talk like that? and I would have to say that is my only complaint...
I will definately be seeing it again....

To speak to the Batman voice thing--

I think it's mainly to fit with the idea that this is supposed to be a more "real world" concept of Batman. If I were to suddenly parade around as Batman, I'd disguise my voice as much as possible---especially if I were a well-known socialite that frequently mingles with the D.A., police commissioner, and others in both angles of my life. Plus, I suppose it makes him a bit more intimidating.

I think we just got used to the "un-realistic" Joel Schumacher versions with George Clooney speaking like he's trying to pick up a 21-year-old model over a glass of red wine, whether he's in the batsuit or not. ;)

Thank you for those pictures of Mr. Bale. My evening is now complete.

I just got back from seeing it at the Imax. Those cityscapes looked AMAZING on the screen, but my one complaint is that the sound was so overwhelming (in a really good way, mostly), the crescendoing music at the very end made Gordon's lines almost impossible to make out.

The theater was packed, but it wasn't as fun an audience. Although the sound system was so loud, it may have drowned out a lot of gasps, laughter or sprinkles of applause. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half the theater had seen it already.

I'm glad I went. I may go again, hopefully next week when a little more time has passed - I had a coworker email me to see if I wanted to go with him, since he hadn't seen it yet. He seemed to think that me saying I'd already seen it meant I wouldn't go again. Silly man. :wink:

I had no issues with the Batman voice.

Second viewing tonight: just as good. Fuck yes.

Oh, and I also got to see The Watchmen trailer.

Bear in mind that I have no knowledge of this thing at all, other than it was a very popular graphic novel, but color me underwhelmed. The silver glowing dude looked pretty cool, but mostly a big :| from me.

I fully expected Batman to go after Rachel. [/B]

He did. I was under the impression that the Joker had switched the addresses so that he'd save Dent whilst trying to save Rachel. (I only picked up on that the second time I watched it - Batman yells "Rachel" at Gordon, then somehow ends up at Dent's warehouse)

I think we just got used to the "un-realistic" Joel Schumacher versions with George Clooney speaking like he's trying to pick up a 21-year-old model over a glass of red wine, whether he's in the batsuit or not. ;)

haha George Clooney's batman is the only one I have not seen....:wink:

I agree with him trying to disguise his voice....he just was over playing it I guess....:|

I think it's mainly to fit with the idea that this is supposed to be a more "real world" concept of Batman. If I were to suddenly parade around as Batman, I'd disguise my voice as much as possible---especially if I were a well-known socialite that frequently mingles with the D.A., police commissioner, and others in both angles of my life. Plus, I suppose it makes him a bit more intimidating.

Exactly, plus, didn't any of you see the first one? He was doing the growling thing back then.

He did. I was under the impression that the Joker had switched the addresses so that he'd save Dent whilst trying to save Rachel. (I only picked up on that the second time I watched it - Batman yells "Rachel" at Gordon, then somehow ends up at Dent's warehouse)

Yep. The Joker gave him the wrong address on purpose, knowing he'd go for Rachel.

Exactly:yes:

As The Joker said, he wasn't losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fist fight. Even if he died, his legacy would be preserved through the destruction of Dent.

The Watchmen trailer was horrible, coming from someone unfamiliar with it. I've no idea what the hell it's supposed to be, in any sense.

Also, I noticed a pattern in the coin flips of Dent:

Live (The Joker)
Die (cop who played the coach in Rudy)
Live (the Italian)
Die (Italian's driver)
Live (Det. Ramirez)
Die (Batman)
Live (himself)

The Watchmen trailer was horrible, coming from someone unfamiliar with it. I've no idea what the hell it's supposed to be, in any sense.

I mentioned this before, Zach Snyder has publicly announced that he released this trailer for fans of Watchmen, not for the general public persay. He wanted to show images from the book to give the fans reassurance. Similar to how Peter Jackson was respectful of fans of LOTR.

Future trailers will umm, explain more. Although, generally, the better the trailer, the crappier the movie, well, with comedies.:hmm:

So your reaction is normal.:D

But as a fan, I thought is was fantastic.

I mentioned this before, Zach Snyder has publicly announced that he released this trailer for fans of Watchmen, not for the general public persay. He wanted to show images from the book to give the fans reassurance. Similar to how Peter Jackson was respectful of fans of LOTR.

Future trailers will umm, explain more. Although, generally, the better the trailer, the crappier the movie, well, with comedies.:hmm:

So your reaction is normal.:D

Your explanation makes perfect sense. I have not read the novel and the trailer was meaningless and not exciting to me. My kids have read the novel. And they are going balistic. (In a good way) They said this trailer scene for scene is straight from the novel.

I've gone 2 times... the premiere on Wednesday night and on saturday night...

and I'm planning on seeing it at least 2 more times... 1 of them in spanish.. just to laugh :wink:

some things to comment:

- both times I saw the movie, when the Joker's with Harvey at the hospital, and switched sides, while Harvey was looking at him, and at some pint he looks down, BOTH TIMES at the movies I hear "oh... look at the eye!" :lol:

- even more frightening than the Fat Batman hitting the window, was the "movie" of that fat guy, with Joker tauting him, then screaming LOOK AT ME!!! . Both times everyone on the theather just STOPED BREATHING and were really scared... that was amazing

- the first "scar" story... the "Let's put a smile on your face" one is amazing, and everyone cringed after he puts the smile on his face

- when he ask how many cops he'd killed, and after the answer he said "six?" was just too much, everyone laughed. The same with the "phone call" line.

that...

I have a costume party this friday... and I want to go as The Joker.. it's the right timming, and Halloween is so far away :(

Back
Top Bottom