The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it again tonight as well. I was expecting to like it even more this time, but it wasn't the case. It was still awesome, though.

Cori made a good point about the music being so loud you couldn't understand Gordon's dialogue at the end. I agree--there was one line that I wasn't able to make out the first time, and couldn't get it this time either. I heard "We have to chase him because he can take it", "He's not the hero we deserve", and "He's our protector", and "Our dark knight" but there was one line missing that for the life of me was just garbled.

Anyone?

Oh, and I also got to see The Watchmen trailer.

Bear in mind that I have no knowledge of this thing at all, other than it was a very popular graphic novel, but color me underwhelmed. The silver glowing dude looked pretty cool, but mostly a big :| from me.

I know nothing of the book or the trailer. I wasn't interested in it :shrug: :reject:

Exactly, plus, didn't any of you see the first one? He was doing the growling thing back then.

Yes he was, but just not as much as he did in TDK. I watched Batman Begins in parts on Thursday/Friday, and again this past evening. I wanted Maddy to watch it before seeing TDK. The first one kind of goes back & forth in time in the beginning, so it was a bit confusing for her, so I wanted to help try & clarify stuff when I could. Now I'll have to see how much she wants to go see The Dark Knight & when we can make time for it. Don't know if we should see it locally or drive in to check it out at IMAX. :hmm:

The Watchmen trailer was horrible, coming from someone unfamiliar with it. I've no idea what the hell it's supposed to be, in any sense.

Me neither!

Dent's googly eye is indeed both fascinating and icky.

In other news, I love the internets:

2ldeo2e.jpg

:)

He did. I was under the impression that the Joker had switched the addresses so that he'd save Dent whilst trying to save Rachel. (I only picked up on that the second time I watched it - Batman yells "Rachel" at Gordon, then somehow ends up at Dent's warehouse)

Yep, you're right. I didn't catch that until the day after seeing it when I was talking it over with my brother. Man, I don't know why this movie killed my keen pick-up skills. :tsk:

I saw it again tonight as well. I was expecting to like it even more this time, but it wasn't the case. It was still awesome, though.

Cori made a good point about the music being so loud you couldn't understand Gordon's dialogue at the end. I agree--there was one line that I wasn't able to make out the first time, and couldn't get it this time either. I heard "We have to chase him because he can take it", "He's not the hero we deserve", and "He's our protector", and "Our dark knight" but there was one line missing that for the life of me was just garbled.

Anyone?

Something along the lines of:

"We have to chase him because he can take it"
"He's the hero we deserve, not the hero we need right now" (as opposed to the speech about Dent being the hero Gotham needed and not being the one it deserved)
"He's our hidden protector - our dark knight"

Yep, you're right. I didn't catch that until the day after seeing it when I was talking it over with my brother. Man, I don't know why this movie killed my keen pick-up skills. :tsk:

Yeah, don't worry, a second (and probably a third!) viewing will correct all that for you :wink:

Here's a dumb question. Is there something built into the Batsuit that's supposed to disguise his voice, or is Bruce Wayne just being growly himself?

It would explain why he bothered using the growly voice when it was just him and Lucius in the room, which seemed silly to be masking his voice since Fox knows who Batman is.

Although maybe it's his way to keep Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate as he can. I dunno.

Here's a dumb question. Is there something built into the Batsuit that's supposed to disguise his voice, or is Bruce Wayne just being growly himself?

It would explain why he bothered using the growly voice when it was just him and Lucius in the room, which seemed silly to be masking his voice since Fox knows who Batman is.

Although maybe it's his way to keep Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate as he can. I dunno.

There were a lot of closeups during the film of him, and you could see two speakers in front of his shoulders on the batsuit, which is how he disguises his voice.

He used the voice when he was Bruce Wayne talking to the tied up police before the Mayor's assasination attempt.

Did you not see the scene in which Bruce Wayne asks fox to make him a lighter more flexible suit?

That's what tipped me off regarding a change in the suit. But, I have an unusually keen ability to spot the obvious.

I knew it changed, I'm saying it never made a difference when I was watching the action scenes.

^Gloria Steinem.......oh dear....

I don't know the chap personally but I see something in him that is a bit...off. I'm probably wrong and will be flogged for it but it's just a gut feeling. In fact, I'm surprised this guy hasn't been in the papers already. He's a great actor though, maybe one of the best of his generation, and this situation will most likely have a minimal effect on his career.

I'm withholding judgement until I hear the whole scoop. It seems kind of off, doesn't it? Assault on his mom and sister? It's hard not to just assume it was some sort of family tiff that went off the rails ... if it did.

I don't want to have to think poorly of him. I just started lusting after him! :(

I guess I can always just lust after Bruce Wayne instead. All he does is dress up in leather and a mask and beat people up ... oh, wait.

Oh certainly this could be just a over blown situation. I didn't mean to imply he's guilty of anything as we have no idea. It's just my personal opinion of the chap. I do like him though. After reading all the news articles it seems very odd that the alleged incident may have happened in Dorset but he was arrested at Belgravia police station in London. On a side note, this just happens to be one street down from Victoria Coach Station if anyone has ever taken a bus into that busy station.

Why am I not surprised...

:waiting:

It's still black and I don't pay attention to people's attire too often?

I mean, I know you're looking for some springboard into a "Nolan can't direct an action scene properly," but it's probably more just my lack of interest in his costume than anything. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom