The Dark Knight review thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like Mr. Caine may have been facetious and just parroting what he'd seen in the papers ... the same rumors we all have seen.

Splash Page � ‘Dark Knight’ Update: Philip Seymour Hoffman Responds To Casting Rumor, ‘I Don’t Know If I’d Be A Good Penguin’

Yesterday, we reported that “Dark Knight” castmember Michael Caine claimed that as far as he knew, the villains for the next “Batman” film had been cast with Johnny Depp landing the role of The Riddler, and Philip Seymour Hoffman playing The Penguin. Today at the Toronto Film Festival, we went right to the source and asked Hoffman directly if he indeed had been cast as The Penguin.

“No one has talked to me about it ever — never,” replied Hoffman. “It happened, like, five years ago, too. It was a rumor back then and it’s still a rumor. [laughs] It’s just in the press. It’s funny.”

To further cement this issue, Hoffman added that he’d never met Nolan (”Maybe I did or met him in passing?”), and that his interest in comic book movies is purely on a fan level, and he intended to keep it that way.

“I’m such a fan of those movies,” related Hoffman. “Comic book movies in general I look forward to — I am a real cheerleader for them. I want them to do well because - Julia Louis-Dreyfus has a nice arse - those are terrific stories. As a kid I was a big comic book collector. What [Nolan]’s doing is taking it in a whole other exciting great place. I’m more a fan, so the interest of being in it isn’t that great. It’s more the interest in wanting to see the next one. It’s probably better that way.”

When further pressed for his level of interest if Warner Bros. approached him about the role, Hoffman said, “I don’t know. I think I’m more interested in seeing someone else do it. I don’t know if I’d be a good Penguin to be quite honest. [laughs]”

They should have Philip Seymour Hoffman as Truman Capote as the next villain in the franchise.

How awesome would that be? Batman vs. The Capote.

I still can't believe how much money this movie made, especially when the first one only did decent box office.

It's amazing, and refreshing to see quality prevail.

I love Johnny and all. But I don't want to see him in a Batman film.

If they want to go for a weird Riddler they should get Crispin Glover.

Don't know if Glover is going to be able to carry even the slightest amount of gravitas that Nolan would likely want the character, however strange, to have.

Riddle me some of THIS:

bonaduce011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom