The Dark Knight review thread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #526
The Male

Local Time: 02:30 PM
I'm leaving in a half hour to see this. It's about fucking time.

Now that I know what sucks about Dark Knight, I'll be sure to focus on that for 2.5 hours. Thanks for the help, guys.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #527
Blue Crack Distributor

I didn't realize you hadn't seen it yet. Have fun!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #528
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I didn't realize you hadn't seen it yet. Have fun!

I know I'm jumping in here randomly

But I haven't seen the movie either... but I'm thankful for waiting another week cause I've been afraid that with all the fan reviews I've read (both here and lurking on the Superhero Hype boards) that I thought the movie would totally suck (to the point where I wouldn't like Ledger's version of the Joker)
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #529
The Male

One last word:

No way will this movie suck. No fucking way.

With that, I'm out.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #530
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'm leaving in a half hour to see this. It's about fucking time.

Now that I know what sucks about Dark Knight, I'll be sure to focus on that for 2.5 hours. Thanks for the help, guys.
You haven't seen this yet?
No one told you to open the thread. Serves you right.

Ok, so so so.... how'd you like it?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #531
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO View Post
I know I'm jumping in here randomly

But I haven't seen the movie either... but I'm thankful for waiting another week cause I've been afraid that with all the fan reviews I've read (both here and lurking on the Superhero Hype boards) that I thought the movie would totally suck (to the point where I wouldn't like Ledger's version of the Joker)
Everyone in here, with one exception has liked or loved the film, and even the one person that disliked it loved Ledger. Rotten Tomatoes has it at over 90%. What in the world would you have gleaned from this site that would make you think it sucked????
Old 07-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #532
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:30 PM
Some folks are
Old 07-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Everyone in here, with one exception has liked or loved the film, and even the one person that disliked it loved Ledger. Rotten Tomatoes has it at over 90%. What in the world would you have gleaned from this site that would make you think it sucked????
I hope you're not talking about me because I did like it, I just didn't love it as much as everyone else but that's to be expected--I see all the superhero movies, and all the big action movies of the summer, and then I forget about them--just not my thing really. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself during this movie. I just didn't expound on all the good things about it because I didn't have much to add there and being as whiny as the next person, naturally I only mentioned what bugged me.

So to mention some things I liked--Gary Oldman was excellent, better though, I thought in Batman Begins. I had forgotten what a great actor he is and it was great to see him again playing against character. Someone else mentioned being disappointed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. The only disappointing thing about her was there should have been more of her. Bale I love as Bruce Wayne but as Batman it's hard to say--hard to tell what was going on behind that mask and the dumb voice. I had no problem understanding the Batman voice, though. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is that scene with Batman standing on top of that building against the skyline of the city. Very very cool.

Ledger I can't say enough about. I can't think of when I've been more blown away by a performance.

I would have preferred more real storytelling narrative (like they did so well in Batman Begins) over the noisy chaotic blowing up things stuff (yeah, the Joker brings chaos, I get it) but maybe that's a very girly thing to say.

The whole Hong Kong scene could have been cut in my opinion, and they could have spent more time on developing other storylines that left me going huh? How did they get there? What just happened with...who did what?

I couldn't figure out how Lucius could possibly know what was going on in front of that matrix of screens but I did like the tension between the two boats.

I loved everything about Michael Caine in both movies (it's hard for me to separate the two since I saw them back-to-back).

Also, they were running every friggin Christian Bale movie on cable this week so I also just saw The Prestige the night before I saw Batman Begins which was the night before I saw TDK, so I'm kind of depressed now that I don't have any more Michael Caine/Christian Bale/Nolan movies to watch. I don't know what to do now.

Okay, this is all I have to say. For now. Thank you.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #534
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I hope you're not talking about me because I did like it, I just didn't love it as much as everyone else but that's to be expected--I see all the superhero movies, and all the big action movies of the summer, and then I forget about them--just not my thing really. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself during this movie. I just didn't expound on all the good things about it because I didn't have much to add there and being as whiny as the next person, naturally I only mentioned what bugged me.

So to mention some things I liked--Gary Oldman was excellent, better though, I thought in Batman Begins. I had forgotten what a great actor he is and it was great to see him again playing against character. Someone else mentioned being disappointed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. The only disappointing thing about her was there should have been more of her. Bale I love as Bruce Wayne but as Batman it's hard to say--hard to tell what was going on behind that mask and the dumb voice. I had no problem understanding the Batman voice, though.

Ledger I can't say enough about. I can't think of when I've been more blown away by a performance.

I would have preferred more real storytelling narrative (like they did so well in Batman Begins) over the noisy chaotic blowing up things stuff (yeah, the Joker brings chaos, I get it) but maybe that's a very girly thing to say.

The whole Hong Kong scene could have been cut in my opinion, and they could have spent more time on developing other storylines that left me going huh? How did they get there? What just happened with...who did what?

I couldn't figure out how Lucius could possibly know what was going on in front of that matrix of screens but I did like the tension between the two boats.

I loved everything about Michael Caine in both movies (it's hard for me to separate the two since I saw them back-to-back).

Also, they were running every friggin Christian Bale movie on cable this week so I also just saw The Prestige the night before I saw Batman Begins which was the night before I saw TDK, so I'm kind of depressed now that I don't have any more Michael Caine/Christian Bale/Nolan movies to watch. I don't know what to do now.

Okay, this is all I have to say. For now. Thank you.

M'lady, I meant Girls Aloud Fan.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #535
Blue Crack Distributor

I have to put in another word for Oldman too. One sign of a great actor is when you can completely forget it is them that you are watching and only see the character... Oldman keeps doing that to me in the same way Ledger does as the Joker. I love Gary Oldman and have loved so many of his characters over the years. I think he's amazing... but watching this movie I kept forgetting it was him! He is so good in this role, I think it's one of his best characters, and that's huge considering how great so many of his others have been.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #536
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
I have to put in another word for Oldman too. One sign of a great actor is when you can completely forget it is them that you are watching and only see the character... Oldman keeps doing that to me in the same way Ledger does as the Joker. I love Gary Oldman and have loved so many of his characters over the years. I think he's amazing... but watching this movie I kept forgetting it was him! He is so good in this role, I think it's one of his best characters, and that's huge considering how great so many of his others have been.
He's awesome in these films, no doubt, but Gordon does not compare to Stansfield.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #537
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
M'lady, I meant Girls Aloud Fan.
I figured but then I realized I hadn't actually said anything good about it except about Ledger.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #539
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I figured but then I realized I hadn't actually said anything good about it except about Ledger.
But you did not claim to dislike it.....and, having a healthy respect for your tastes, I assumed you liked more than you disliked it.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #540
Blue Crack Addict

Tags
dark knight