The Dark Knight review thread - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #496
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:34 PM
I still think the problems with the final act go back to studio-made cuts for running time.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #497
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I still think the problems with the final act go back to studio-made cuts for running time.
I do too....hopefully, we are correct, and there will be a Director's Cut with those cuts put back where they belong.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #498
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I do too....hopefully, we are correct, and there will be a Director's Cut with those cuts put back where they belong.
Indeed.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
pepokiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 7,973
Local Time: 03:34 PM
I always thougth Batman changed his mind or something, because when he opnes the door and sees Harvey, he doesn't look surprised at all

and really, far all we know, maybe Rachel and Harvey where both on the same building, being the other one bogus... just like our idea of the boat people having their own detonator without knowing.


I wanna see it translated, in spanish... to laugh a while and who knows, it culd be even better (2% chance, though), and one more time in english



what other good movies are expected for this year.... Quantum of Solace, and what else?
could TDK have some good awards showing next year?.. besides Heath, of course
__________________
pepokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #500
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepokiss View Post
I always thougth Batman changed his mind or something, because when he opnes the door and sees Harvey, he doesn't look surprised at all

and really, far all we know, maybe Rachel and Harvey where both on the same building, being the other one bogus... just like our idea of the boat people having their own detonator without knowing.


I wanna see it translated, in spanish... to laugh a while and who knows, it culd be even better (2% chance, though), and one more time in english



what other good movies are expected for this year.... Quantum of Solace, and what else?
could TDK have some good awards showing next year?.. besides Heath, of course
Here's a list I compiled for that very reason, good Pedo sir. They range from "sure bet" to "hey, they might be good":

Pineapple Express - August 8th
Tropic Thunder - August 13th
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - August 15th
Vicky Cristina Barcelona - August 15th
Hamlet 2 - August 22nd (Limited)
Fanboys - TBA September
Burn After Reading - September 12th
Righteous Kill - September 12th
Ghost Town - September 19th
Taken - September 19th
Choke - September 26th (Limited)
Miracle at St. Anna - September 26th
How to Lose Friends & Alienate People - October 3rd
What Just Happened? - October 3rd (Limited)
Body of Lies - October 10th
City of Ember - October 10th
Changeling - October 24th (Limited)
Pride and Glory - October 24th
RocknRolla - October 31st
Zack and Miri Make a Porno - October 31st
Quantum of Solace - November 7th
Australia - November 14th
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - November 21st
The Soloist - November 21st
The Road - November 26th
Youth in Revolt - December 5th (Limited)
The Day the Earth Stood Still - December 12th
Defiance - December 12th
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - December 19th
The Spirit - December 25th
Revolutionary Road - December 26th (Limited)
The Argentine - TBA 2008
Guerilla - TBA 2008
Synecdoche, New York - TBA 2008
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #501
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 03:34 PM
I got to see this yesterday. Wasn't even expecting to go, actually. More of a last minute sorta thing. Anyway.

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of superhero movies at all, let alone Batman. I've only ever seen two of the movies anyhow. I thought it looked pretty good from the previews but the over-excessive hype killed most of my interest. Although, I kept a pretty open mind with it anyway and watched.

I really liked Ledger's performance as The Joker, that was probably what I liked best about the movie since I'm not exactly much of a fan of Christian Bale anyway. The Joker successfully creeped me out and in all honesty, I was rooting for him the entire movie. It's definitely a change to be more partial to the villain rather than the hero, which I liked because it was something different. Batman's voice kind of annoyed me, however. One of my favourite scenes had to be the car chase, that was just pure awesome.

It definitely did drag at times, I had no idea it was about 2.5 hours long when we went in to see it!

Overall, it's not a movie I would've went to the midnight premieres for, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I think it'd be worth another watch.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Hey, just thought of this as an explanation for why Batman ended up with Dent and acts like he chose him on purpose:

Let's say Batman assumed the Joker would like and tell him the wrong addresses. Knowing that he's the goddamn Batman and that as much as he likes Gordon, the cops are pretty much lame-o, it's possible Batman knew that whoever the cops went after had a pretty fair chance of not getting saved. Thus, he tells Gordon that he's going for Rachel when he's really going after Dent--because it's Dent that he knows has to be saved.

What do you guys think?
__________________
Utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #503
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 12:34 PM
^I didn't recognize you - what happened


Just saw it for the second time. Loved hearing audible gasps during several scenes (when Mayor & Dent are in the mayor's office...). Batman's voice didn't bother me as much the second time around.

As for who Batman and Gordon/police were gonna save, I don't understand why you say he was "surprised". He arrived & saw he had to save Dent because Dent was the one that was there.

Heath Ledger FTMFW
__________________
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #504
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,720
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepokiss View Post
I always thougth Batman changed his mind or something, because when he opnes the door and sees Harvey, he doesn't look surprised at all
Well yes, because he has a mask on! Unless he made this face or we can't tell if he's shocked. It's like the superhero equivalent of Botox!

I love the Spanish title. El Cabellero Obscuro!

(sorry if that spelling is wrong ... I'm going from memory)
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #505
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:34 AM
I really think that we're looking into this too much.

Batman went after Rachel, The Joker lied about who was where (Nothing is ever as simple as it seems with the Joker, as Batman has learned by the film's end), Gordon/the cops went to the other address, got there a tad too late, Rachel dies, Dent is saved by Batman.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #506
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,720
Local Time: 11:34 AM
I agree. The simplest explanation is often the correct one.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #507
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I really think that we're looking into this too much.

Batman went after Rachel, The Joker lied about who was where (Nothing is ever as simple as it seems with the Joker, as Batman has learned by the film's end), Gordon/the cops went to the other address, got there a tad too late, Rachel dies, Dent is saved by Batman.
Typing out what happens again and again doesn't make it or the aftermath any less sloppy.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #508
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Typing out what happens again and again doesn't make it or the aftermath any less sloppy.
I'm not defending the aftermath, or claiming that it was sloppy or not....I'm simply repeating myself because everyone is now espousing theories about something that needs no theory.

Sometimes, Lance, I type things that are not directly related to what you had to say, shocking, I know. Here's a hug
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
Typing out what happens again and again doesn't make it or the aftermath any less sloppy.
arguing on the internet does not make you any more likable or your mom any less of a whore.
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #510
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Since when have I tried to be likable here?

And I thought what you (NSW) typed out was pretty much assumed and established as the series of events that occurred in that scene long ago here. I have no idea why people are trying to argue differently on that point specifically.
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dark knight

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com