Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Dad chooses Batman over son - ParentDish

Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
There are very few things that piss me off as much as stories like this one.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post

Dad of the year
Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #304
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Dad of the year
He should hook up with the mother of the year

Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #305
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Yeah, this should be interesting. Anybody catch the Catwoman reference in the Dark Knight?

I would actually like to see, or at least have reference to Joker and Two Face, one thing I hated about the first films is there was never any carry over.

Maybe have Joker orchestrating somethings from behind bars.

I think Riddler or Catwoman are the logical choices, I really don't think the Penguin or Freeze would carry over well in live action, especially freeze.
Yes, I loved that Catwoman reference.

The Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman are all possibilies and welcome for me. Catwoman makes the most sense for two reasons: they need another female lead, and she could be one of the "copycat"-type crimefighters out there or something.

Someone like Blackmask or Deathshot would be cool to see, too, even if they are lesser known characters.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Yes, I loved that Catwoman reference.

The Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman are all possibilies and welcome for me. Catwoman makes the most sense for two reasons: they need another female lead, and she could be one of the "copycat"-type crimefighters out there or something.

Someone like Blackmask or Deathshot would be cool to see, too, even if they are lesser known characters.

I've read in a few places that Nolan wants to try and avoid characters that have been done in movies before. Joker was a had-to-do because he's essentially Batman's Lex Luthor/archnemesis. I think there are difficulties with the previously done villains, too. The Riddler----they kind of covered some of what he brings to the table with the Joker. The Penguin---he's a little too far-fetched for the "real world" that Nolan's trying to create with Batman. He's a possibility if they just make him a fat guy who has the nickname "Penguin" because he's fat. Freeze--too corny. To bring Two-Face back, they'd have to come up with a really explanation of what happened to the body after Gordon leaves him. I think with the way that they talked about Dent at the end and seemed to have a memorial service for him, you're supposed to get the impression that he's dead...and they'd need some believable story for how he's not if they brought him back.

I'd say that they're more likely to bring in a lesser-known character as the villain and focus on Batman and his role as vigilante a little more. Ending with Batman as an outlaw, the smashing of the Bat Signal, and Batman on the run chased by the cops (a scene taken almost directly from Batman: Year One..very cool) makes me think we'll get a hint of the Spider-Man 2/"hero is pubicly viewed as a bad guy" plot.

A female character is necessary, but that's the hard part. I doubt we'll see Ivy, and Catwoman will be difficult---they'd have to totally re-do her. Will the public accept a third incarnation of Catwoman so soon? Not impossible, especially seeing as how WB/DC are already thinking of re-doing Superman all over again since the last movie sucked hard. Who knows?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:06 AM
Michael Emerson could do a Mad Hatter.
William H. Macy could do a Clock King.
...but I still think Harvey will be back in the next one.

(and I'm hoping for no Cat-Woman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, or Penguin)
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Notes from IMDB on the score:

Quote:
The "Batman" theme is heard only twice in the film, as Composers Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard decided that a heroic theme that a viewer could hum would ignore the complexity and darkness of the character. Hearing the tune only twice would create what Zimmer calls "a musical foreshadowing."

Composer James Newton Howard composed an elegant and beautiful score for Harvey Dent, which would serve as a jarring contrast to Two-Face's persona.
Looks like the lack of a sweeping, uber-present score was intentional.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #309
Blue Crack Addict

I think it would be pretty easy to bring Dent back.

Flash back:

It appears Dent is dead, so Gordon and the rest of the police chase Batman. When they return Dent's body is gone. They assume its been stolen. They choose to have a memorial for him like Batman said. Only to find out that Two-Face is still out there and becoming even more sinister. Not the best storyline, but it could work.

Personally, I am in favor of bringing the Joker back and have him working through 1 or 2 other minor villains.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Alright my nerdy minions, due to my athletic ability (I captained my hs bowling team and averaged 256/game as senior - can you say "Varsity Letter"?) and the fact that women and men in windowless vans find me attractive, I do not know as much about comic books as the rest of you.

However, I did love The Dark Knight. So, while we are all still feeling hot and bothered by the latest Batman let's turn our attention to the next movie. What direction do you think the next film should take? Nolan finished Batman Begins with a nod to the Jokers presence in the next film. He ended TDK with Gordon smashing the Bat Signal and Batman on the run. Will that be the dominant theme of the next film?

Which villains should Batman face in the next film? Should the Joker be recast and make another appearance?

The only assumption I have is that Christopher Nolan will be back to direct and that the actors of all the main characters (save Ledger, of course) will be back.

Ok my little nerdies: GO!
Honestly, I think the villain in the next one has to be Catwoman. I think it would be the best fit for the movies that Nolan is trying to make. And if they can find the right actress, it could be awesome.

I believe it was our wise friend LemonMacPhisto who suggested that Rachel McAdams would be a good Catwoman/Selina Kyle. I think that's a great call. She's talented, hot as hell, and blonde. She could be perfect.

This is another reason why I think LMP should quit puttering around on this website and move out to Hollywood and get into the movie biz. Maybe he can become really rich and come back and share the wealth with all of us!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Rachel McAdams would be a good Catwoman/Selina Kyle. I think that's a great call. She's talented, hot as hell, and blonde. She could be perfect.
Rachel McAdams - hot, canadian, tight-black leather.

I'm Dalton and I approve this message.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #312
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
To bring Two-Face back, they'd have to come up with a really explanation of what happened to the body after Gordon leaves him. I think with the way that they talked about Dent at the end and seemed to have a memorial service for him, you're supposed to get the impression that he's dead...and they'd need some believable story for how he's not if they brought him back.
I think it would be easy to bring him back. I'm not sure what you mean by "explanation of what happened to the body after Godon leaves him". When did Gordon leave him? If he's alive he obviously would need hospital care and would be put there in secret, so escaping would be pretty easy.

I think killing him right away would be a huge diservice to the character, but then again Nolan has taken some huge liberties in rewriting some of the villians. I think they left it up in the air for obvious reasons...
Old 07-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
There are very few things that piss me off as much as stories like this one.
Completely agree! How the hell do you leave your child in a hot car to go and watch a movie?!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #314
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Honestly, I think the villain in the next one has to be Catwoman. I think it would be the best fit for the movies that Nolan is trying to make. And if they can find the right actress, it could be awesome.

I believe it was our wise friend LemonMacPhisto who suggested that Rachel McAdams would be a good Catwoman/Selina Kyle. I think that's a great call. She's talented, hot as hell, and blonde. She could be perfect.

This is another reason why I think LMP should quit puttering around on this website and move out to Hollywood and get into the movie biz. Maybe he can become really rich and come back and share the wealth with all of us!

You are a kind man. I read she was almost Rachel in Begins, too. I just call her Rachel McAwesomesauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
I've read in a few places that Nolan wants to try and avoid characters that have been done in movies before. Joker was a had-to-do because he's essentially Batman's Lex Luthor/archnemesis. I think there are difficulties with the previously done villains, too. The Riddler----they kind of covered some of what he brings to the table with the Joker. The Penguin---he's a little too far-fetched for the "real world" that Nolan's trying to create with Batman. He's a possibility if they just make him a fat guy who has the nickname "Penguin" because he's fat. Freeze--too corny. To bring Two-Face back, they'd have to come up with a really explanation of what happened to the body after Gordon leaves him. I think with the way that they talked about Dent at the end and seemed to have a memorial service for him, you're supposed to get the impression that he's dead...and they'd need some believable story for how he's not if they brought him back.

I'd say that they're more likely to bring in a lesser-known character as the villain and focus on Batman and his role as vigilante a little more. Ending with Batman as an outlaw, the smashing of the Bat Signal, and Batman on the run chased by the cops (a scene taken almost directly from Batman: Year One..very cool) makes me think we'll get a hint of the Spider-Man 2/"hero is pubicly viewed as a bad guy" plot.

A female character is necessary, but that's the hard part. I doubt we'll see Ivy, and Catwoman will be difficult---they'd have to totally re-do her. Will the public accept a third incarnation of Catwoman so soon? Not impossible, especially seeing as how WB/DC are already thinking of re-doing Superman all over again since the last movie sucked hard. Who knows?
Along the lines of what Dalton said, Dent's status after the film is left ambiguous. I'm in the camp that thinks he's alive and they're faking his death to save his credibility. If Rachel and Batman can survive a fall from the top of a penthouse apartment, and Maroni only breaks his ankles after falling from about the same height, I think Dent's okay.

As long as its a popular character, I think people are okay with it being brought back, especially if it's from Batman's rogues gallery.

Personally, my favorites for the next film are Deadshot (hired to "kill The Batman" or something) and Blackmask (for the mob presence and his character's parallels to Bruce Wayne... or I may be confusing him with Hush). Bane would be pretty cool, but his appearance in Batman & Robin ruins the credibility, I think. Plus, he breaks Batman's back, where's the fun in that?

The Penguin could be done as a badass British mobster, like Bob Hoskins or something. I can see that happening as well. I doubt there would be another Penguin/Catwoman team-up and that there would be more than one more new villain if Dent does come back. That would just be too much.

Talia Al Ghul would be interesting and bring it back to the first film, if it's a trilogy, but I don't know how she'd fit. The Lazarus Pit would also not fit in Nolan's universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Michael Emerson could do a Mad Hatter.
William H. Macy could do a Clock King.
...but I still think Harvey will be back in the next one.

(and I'm hoping for no Cat-Woman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, or Penguin)
The Mad Hatter's too outlandish and I don't even know who Clock King is. Why not bring back King Tut for that matter, you know? I love your two casting choices, however.

How about David Bowie as Hugo Strange? Why? Because he's got the power of voodoo.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

Whodo?

Tags
dark knight