Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #286
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
They are? Oh, vomit.
Apparently since she's Goldie Hawn's kid, it's cute for them to do a remake of that. You can't replace Burgess Meredith, Chevy Chase at his peak, and Dudley Moore, sorry.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 AM   #287
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
And ... Swing Kids. Really? Hm. I may have to add that one to the same pile as Newsies.
My 12 year old self loved Newsies. you are no fun.

hot damn.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:08 AM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
The action sequences are infinitely better than the ones from Begins, methinks. Even the short fight sequence in Lao's building in Hong Kong tops any of the major sequences in Begins. One of the many things that makes this film superior to Begins, the previous high watermark for superhero films, in my opinion.
The close-in fighting is excellent brutal takedown stuff, ideal for special forces or police or street fighting, speaking as a martial artist. Especially right at the beginning where Batman takes on those guys dressed as him + Scarecrow.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #289
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
The close-in fighting is excellent brutal takedown stuff, ideal for special forces or police or street fighting, speaking as a martial artist. Especially right at the beginning where Batman takes on those guys dressed as him + Scarecrow.
Absolutely.

I like how we got to see Scarecrow for a bit, but I wondered why he wasn't scarred at all from being tazed in the face. That UF guy can eat shit.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 AM   #290
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:33 PM
i saw the dark knight twice, first time because the sound was too low, and the listening device was not working (i am partially deaf)...so it was hard to follow the story half the time. so i was offered a second chance to see it another time. saweet. last night, saw it again, this time, i can honestly say, heath ledger's performance was brilliant, and aaron eckhart...daaaaayum!! i think pepokiss' review sums it up for me.

if you havent already...go see it.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think it may be a bit premature to say this, but I'm gonna put it out there: this is the film that will redefine how superhero films are approached and made in the future.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:23 AM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
If people got arrested every time they yelled at their Mom, I'd be in jail for life. That's just how we roll in The Bronx.
I can vouch for this.

My cousin lived in the Bronx. When I was 15, we visited and everyone's mom was hanging out the window screaming at their kids. Including my aunt. From 8 floors up Every kid just gave it right back. Freakin' ruled

I remember one game of stickball, deep smash broke through a window. Lady sticks head out window, screams profanity. Kids tell her where to go

I loved NY.

I know, off topic again
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 AM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Alright my nerdy minions, due to my athletic ability (I captained my hs bowling team and averaged 256/game as senior - can you say "Varsity Letter"?) and the fact that women and men in windowless vans find me attractive, I do not know as much about comic books as the rest of you.

However, I did love The Dark Knight. So, while we are all still feeling hot and bothered by the latest Batman let's turn our attention to the next movie. What direction do you think the next film should take? Nolan finished Batman Begins with a nod to the Jokers presence in the next film. He ended TDK with Gordon smashing the Bat Signal and Batman on the run. Will that be the dominant theme of the next film?

Which villains should Batman face in the next film? Should the Joker be recast and make another appearance?

The only assumption I have is that Christopher Nolan will be back to direct and that the actors of all the main characters (save Ledger, of course) will be back.

Ok my little nerdies: GO!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

But I'm still voting NO on Newsies.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Alright my nerdy minions, due to my athletic ability (I captained my hs bowling team and averaged 256/game as senior - can you say "Varsity Letter"?) and the fact that women and men in windowless vans find me attractive, I do not know as much about comic books as the rest of you.

However, I did love The Dark Knight. So, while we are all still feeling hot and bothered by the latest Batman let's turn our attention to the next movie. What direction do you think the next film should take? Nolan finished Batman Begins with a nod to the Jokers presence in the next film. He ended TDK with Gordon smashing the Bat Signal and Batman on the run. Will that be the dominant theme of the next film?

Which villains should Batman face in the next film? Should the Joker be recast and make another appearance?

The only assumption I have is that Christopher Nolan will be back to direct and that the actors of all the main characters (save Ledger, of course) will be back.

Ok my little nerdies: GO!
It's been suggested in another thread that this time, Selina Kyle / Catwoman will come in, and I think that's probably what'll happen. The Penguin has also been mentioned, but I find that slightly less likely. Perhaps Freeze?

I highly doubt Joker will be back though - what actor would dare try and touch Ledger's performance?

Alternatively, it could go down another path and not have a villain at all, but be about Batman and his struggle against himself, or something like that. Perhaps a Bruce Wayne: Murderer? style story arc.

Two-Face might be back though, although I'm not entirely convinced either way.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #296
ONE
love, blood, life

I finally saw the Dark Knight last night and have to say I loved it! Honestly Im not really a fan of Batman so wasn't crazy about going. Made a promise though so I followed through with it. Really happy I did too because otherwise I would have missed out on one incredible movie! Heath's performance as the joker was just amazing! Was surprised by just how intense some scenes were but it was a pleasant surprise. I would see this movie again for sure.

On a sidenote since I live in Chicago it was nice recognizing certain areas in the movie.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #297
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
It's been suggested in another thread that this time, Selina Kyle / Catwoman will come in, and I think that's probably what'll happen. The Penguin has also been mentioned, but I find that slightly less likely. Perhaps Freeze?

I highly doubt Joker will be back though - what actor would dare try and touch Ledger's performance?

Alternatively, it could go down another path and not have a villain at all, but be about Batman and his struggle against himself, or something like that. Perhaps a Bruce Wayne: Murderer? style story arc.

Two-Face might be back though, although I'm not entirely convinced either way.
Yeah, this should be interesting. Anybody catch the Catwoman reference in the Dark Knight?

I would actually like to see, or at least have reference to Joker and Two Face, one thing I hated about the first films is there was never any carry over.

Maybe have Joker orchestrating somethings from behind bars.

I think Riddler or Catwoman are the logical choices, I really don't think the Penguin or Freeze would carry over well in live action, especially freeze.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #298
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Yeah, this should be interesting. Anybody catch the Catwoman reference in the Dark Knight?
No - do share!

I was coerced into watching Newsies by some friends in college, but I didn't even make it halfway through.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Lucius references a cat when he is creating a new suit for Bruce after he gets bit by the dogs.

Oh, and I could probably still sing every word to Newsies.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #300
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoneyAlways View Post
Lucius references a cat when he is creating a new suit for Bruce after he gets bit by the dogs.
Ohhhh! I recall hearing the line but never made the connection. Clever!

Tags
dark knight