The Dark Knight review thread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 AM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,003
Local Time: 06:50 AM
I saw it again tonight as well. I was expecting to like it even more this time, but it wasn't the case. It was still awesome, though.

Cori made a good point about the music being so loud you couldn't understand Gordon's dialogue at the end. I agree--there was one line that I wasn't able to make out the first time, and couldn't get it this time either. I heard "We have to chase him because he can take it", "He's not the hero we deserve", and "He's our protector", and "Our dark knight" but there was one line missing that for the life of me was just garbled.

Anyone?
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 AM   #212
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh, and I also got to see The Watchmen trailer.

Bear in mind that I have no knowledge of this thing at all, other than it was a very popular graphic novel, but color me underwhelmed. The silver glowing dude looked pretty cool, but mostly a big from me.
I know nothing of the book or the trailer. I wasn't interested in it


Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Exactly, plus, didn't any of you see the first one? He was doing the growling thing back then.
Yes he was, but just not as much as he did in TDK. I watched Batman Begins in parts on Thursday/Friday, and again this past evening. I wanted Maddy to watch it before seeing TDK. The first one kind of goes back & forth in time in the beginning, so it was a bit confusing for her, so I wanted to help try & clarify stuff when I could. Now I'll have to see how much she wants to go see The Dark Knight & when we can make time for it. Don't know if we should see it locally or drive in to check it out at IMAX.


Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
The Watchmen trailer was horrible, coming from someone unfamiliar with it. I've no idea what the hell it's supposed to be, in any sense.
Me neither!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Dent's googly eye is indeed both fascinating and icky.

In other news, I love the internets:

__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
He did. I was under the impression that the Joker had switched the addresses so that he'd save Dent whilst trying to save Rachel. (I only picked up on that the second time I watched it - Batman yells "Rachel" at Gordon, then somehow ends up at Dent's warehouse)

Yep, you're right. I didn't catch that until the day after seeing it when I was talking it over with my brother. Man, I don't know why this movie killed my keen pick-up skills.
__________________
Utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I saw it again tonight as well. I was expecting to like it even more this time, but it wasn't the case. It was still awesome, though.

Cori made a good point about the music being so loud you couldn't understand Gordon's dialogue at the end. I agree--there was one line that I wasn't able to make out the first time, and couldn't get it this time either. I heard "We have to chase him because he can take it", "He's not the hero we deserve", and "He's our protector", and "Our dark knight" but there was one line missing that for the life of me was just garbled.

Anyone?
Something along the lines of:

"We have to chase him because he can take it"
"He's the hero we deserve, not the hero we need right now" (as opposed to the speech about Dent being the hero Gotham needed and not being the one it deserved)
"He's our hidden protector - our dark knight"
__________________
major_panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:12 AM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Yep, you're right. I didn't catch that until the day after seeing it when I was talking it over with my brother. Man, I don't know why this movie killed my keen pick-up skills.
Yeah, don't worry, a second (and probably a third!) viewing will correct all that for you
__________________
major_panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Got my tickets for this friday night.

In fucking IMAX of course.
__________________
Lancemc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Here's a dumb question. Is there something built into the Batsuit that's supposed to disguise his voice, or is Bruce Wayne just being growly himself?

It would explain why he bothered using the growly voice when it was just him and Lucius in the room, which seemed silly to be masking his voice since Fox knows who Batman is.

Although maybe it's his way to keep Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate as he can. I dunno.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #218
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Here's a dumb question. Is there something built into the Batsuit that's supposed to disguise his voice, or is Bruce Wayne just being growly himself?

It would explain why he bothered using the growly voice when it was just him and Lucius in the room, which seemed silly to be masking his voice since Fox knows who Batman is.

Although maybe it's his way to keep Bruce Wayne and Batman as separate as he can. I dunno.
There were a lot of closeups during the film of him, and you could see two speakers in front of his shoulders on the batsuit, which is how he disguises his voice.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #219
The Fly
 
sindaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 283
Local Time: 10:50 AM
He used the voice when he was Bruce Wayne talking to the tied up police before the Mayor's assasination attempt.
__________________
sindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #220
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindaddy View Post
He used the voice when he was Bruce Wayne talking to the tied up police before the Mayor's assasination attempt.
Hmmm, didn't notice that.

Also, saying "the voice" makes me think of Dune.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #221
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Hmmm, didn't notice that.

Also, saying "the voice" makes me think of Dune.
My voice is a killing word.

That being said... Bale would be an awesome Paul Atreides.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 08:50 AM
I was happy for Bruce that he finally got a suit where he could turn his head. I'm surprised it took this long to make one.

__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #223
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:50 AM
Michael Caine as Thufir.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Batman beat up his mom and sister. I bet they called him Batboy. He fuckin' hates that.

Batman star Christian Bale arrested over claims he assaulted his own mother and sister| Showbiz | This is London
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #225
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:50 AM
I honestly never paid attention enough to know his suit had changed.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dark knight

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com