The Daily Show Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my question: why can't someone in the mainstream news media highlight the hypocrisy like this? Why can't we see Tom Brokaw or Brian Williams run these kinds of clips? This stuff is used for a laugh line on the Daily Show, but really should be pointed out by the news media at large.

I've shared that thought Diemen. News media is far too serious. There's so much to say about spicing it up with laughter, which is so healthy. I would rather get my news from the likes of a John Stewart type. (Brian Williams can sometimes be funny though)

I'm not even talking about laughter, though. I don't mind the "serious" news being serious. But they should be the ones we look to to expose these kinds of inconsistencies and hypocrisies from our politicians, not a comedy show.

I could not agree more Diemen :up: Hope you watched the whole episode last night. Really a great one :up:

Send a comment/email to the news networks. If you find a link/addy, post it (or PM) and maybe others can write in as well, demanding good journalism.

BTW, did you catch Brian Williams on Tuesday evening? :lol:

BTW, did you catch Brian Williams on Tuesday evening? :lol:

I did. I look forward to him every time he's on The Daily Show. He and John are frickin' hilarious together. I was practically in tears from laughing so hard by the end of that interview. Brian Williams+John Stewart+Stephen Colbert=my :heart:

EW's Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert cover: Do you vote yea or nay? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

stewartcolbercoverblog_l.jpg

^I think it's hilarious; political satire at its best. Its why Stewart and Colbert really are the best political "journalists" of their day. They put the regular news organizations to shame, except for my guys at NBC.:heart: The article is really great too.

Anyone watch last night? Rob Riggle is leaving the show?

Yeah. I saw that. That sketch with him and John Oliver was hilarious. I read somewhere a few months ago that he was leaving. He's apparently getting his own show, but I have no idea what type of show, or what network it'll be on, or any details at all, really.

Back
Top Bottom