The Daily Show Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsMofoGone said:

Excuse me for pointing this out ... but what part of the post below were you NOT insinuating to another person ?? ... :eyebrow:

I meant prior to that - I didn't make him (or anyone else) come here and say that they liked Stewart. It's not like I tried to find people who liked him and coralled them to come here and post. I should have put a 'wink' on that 'crazy' comment. I thought you would know I meant no harm, honestly. Again, my apologies... :(

joyfulgirl said:
Did anyone catch Gwyneth Paltrow on there last week? I thought she was so weird. She didn't get his humor at all and couldn't just roll with it, as though she'd never seen the show before. I'd never seen her on a talk show before and I was put off by her. She seemed to be humorless and even more vanilla than I had imagined. Good actress, though.

I finally saw that episode last night. They ended up talking about Coldplay (music/touring) the whole time, LOL. It went ok, but not great :shrug:

Lila64 said:

I meant prior to that - I didn't make him (or anyone else) come here and say that they liked Stewart. It's not like I tried to find people who liked him and coralled them to come here and post.

I was disturbed by the "crazy" comment you suggested and also that you tried to get another Int. member to also state that to me ... and succeeded in them doing so !! I was NOT bothered that others here like Jon Stewart and his Daily Show program ... Again, I just gave my own opinion about his show since you originally asked for it.

Originally posted by Lila64
I should have put a 'wink' on that 'crazy' comment. I thought you would know I meant no harm, honestly. Again, my apologies... :(

I really wish you would have done that, or even a 'laugh' smiley ... as maybe, I wouldn't have been disturbed then since I now understand you were not serious. BTW, no need to keep apologizing ... I did tell you that I CAN forgive and forget it ... I'm over it now ... let's just call it truce and end this bickering ... :hug:

MsMofoGone said:
:eyebrow:
Well, I don't appreciate your comment, tim ... :|

Again, like Lila I would like to apologize.

What I was saying was tounge-in-cheek and I don't think anyone is "crazy" for liking/not liking a show. I was only kidding around with Lila. While I find it suprising that somone wouldn't like Jon, everyones different and I'm not going to think less of anyone for liking/not liking a particular television show (unless of course it is: Will & Grace, Lost & Stargate :wink: ).

Again humbelest apologies. : putsonpetergarrett'ssorryshirt:

Yeah! First of all: I knew Jon only from Big Daddy.... and other stuff. Didn't know that he has his own successful TV-show until CNN started a short time ago to broadcast it once a week!!!
It's just great! And I really love the way he laughtes!!!! :) Such a cutie!

P.S. did I mention that I really LOVE him! :love: :love: :love:
:heart: :heart: :heart:

P.P.S. I know that he is married! ;) and has a child. Gosh, how sweeet! Imagine Jon as a dad! Once again: just great!!!

timothius said:

Again, like Lila I would like to apologize.
What I was saying was tounge-in-cheek and I don't think anyone is "crazy" for liking/not liking a show. I was only kidding around with Lila. While I find it suprising that someone wouldn't like Jon, everyones different and I'm not going to think less of anyone for liking/not liking a particular television show.
Again humbelest apologies. : putsonpetergarrett'ssorryshirt:

Thanks timothius, I appreciate your apology too. :up:
Also, thanks for the explanation, I have no more hard feelings now !! :hug:

Jon Stewart will be appearing on David Letterman on Thursday evening, 10/6. So you can watch Letterman, and then turn to Conan after the show. What a night :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Can it get any better?
4.gif

I love that show, one of my friends is a writer on it named Paul Mercurio. My oldest son was featured twice in sketches on the old "John Stewart Show" on MTV.

< Has friends in casting :wink:

I love The Daily Show

The best segment though was when Stephen Colbert was at the democratic national convention!!!!
Jon Stewart has the best comedy :drool: :heart:

I still haven't watched my Letterman tape so I didn't know this..

Daily Show host Jon Stewart and his wife, Tracey, are expecting their second child.

Stewart, 42, told David Letterman last week that the baby girl is due in February.

Stewart and Tracey, a 37-year-old veterinary technician, had their first child, Nathan Thomas, in July 2004.

As for having a daughter, Stewart expressed some reservations on his parenting skills to Letterman. "I don't know that much about women," he said. "A boy child, I feel like I'll know how to deal with it if he has a problem. I'll just be able to say to him, 'Well, repress it,' and he will hopefully swallow that, as I have. And then you figure you have 30 years before it comes out over dinner where somebody spills the gravy and then you're like 'I hate you!'

"A girl, she's going to want me to have tea with her and her panda. Like, what am I going to do with that?" he added.

Whether or not Stewart wants to join in, the little girl will have plenty of room for tea parties: Earlier this year, the Comedy Central star paid $5.8 million for a 6,000 sq. ft loft in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood for his family and their two pets.

jstewart.jpg

I caught a bit of Jon last night.....periodically when insomnia hits I'll channel surf and stop on Stewart's or Conan's shows. They are both very funny, and have a great repoire with their guests.

On October 20, they opened the show with the shot of Bono and Bush. Really funny stuff, Jon talked in the worst Oirish accent ever and then did his Bush impression....

"....I like The Edge...heh heh heh heh"

"Which one of you used to bone Naomi Campbell.... heh heh heh heh"

inmyplace13 said:
On October 20, they opened the show with the shot of Bono and Bush. Really funny stuff, Jon talked in the worst Oirish accent ever and then did his Bush impression....

"....I like The Edge...heh heh heh heh"

"Which one of you used to bone Naomi Campbell.... heh heh heh heh"

Loved Jon as Bono and the lucky charms accent :giggle:.

Back
Top Bottom