The Colbert Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Colbert's appearance at the Correspondants Dinner has officially overshadowed Jon Stewart's appearance in Crossfire in my book.

Lancemc said:
Alright, The Colbert Report has officially replaced The Daily Show as my favorite show on television.

Therefore I shall celebrate with this spiffy new avatar.
<-----

Amen 2 that.... brilliant! :)

I loved the beginning of the Daily Show last night, with Stewart talking about Colbert. And at one point... HOLY SHIT (which was bleeped of course). Caught the first part of Colbert as well (thru 'The Word' and Clooney/Darfur). I had to watch Letterman last night (Tom Hanks/Kanye West)

this is a post from Mrs.Springsteen in the FYM forum

MrsSpringsteen said:
ballsalicious :lol:

Editor and Publisher

Probably to no one's surprise, Jon Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "Daily Show," hailed the performance of his stablemate Stephen Colbert at Saturday night's White House Correspondents dinner. Colbert's lampooning of the president and the press has generated a good deal of praise and criticism.

"It was balls-alicious," Stewart said. "Apparently he was under the impression that they'd hired him to do what he does every night on television"--that is, make fun of conservatives, public officials and the press in the guise of an O'Reillyesque talk show host.

"We've never been prouder of him, but HOLY shit," Stewart added.

He also described the annual dinner as "where the President and the press corps consummate their loveless marriage."

Colbert then followed Stewart, on his own show, "The Colbert Report," describing the "honor of appearing" at the big dinner. He said the room was full of "power players" so he "fit right in."

"Best of all, I got to meet my main man, President Bush," he said, and even had a chance to shake his hand. "He has very soft hands," Colbert revealed, "which was surprising. He must wear gloves when he is clearing brush."

Colbert made fun of his mixed reception at the dinner, re-running the tape of one of his jokes with the audience barely reacting. He described this as "very respectful silence," and said that actually the crowd loved him.

"They practically carried me out on their shoulders," he said, "even though I wasn't ready to go." :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-durang/ignoring-colbert-part-tw_b_20130.html

"But the mainstream media is apparently ignoring this part of the evening, and instead is covering the early entertainment where Bush and a look-alike imitator do a "he says this, he's really thinking this" routine. Moderately amusing, but very mild.

This, by the way, is the same Washington event where Bush previously charmed many (and horrified others) by pretending to have trouble finding Weapons of Mass Destruction (after we'd started to realize they weren't in Iraq), and wandered the room looking under tables. Really cute, huh? They should send videos of that to the families of soldiers killed.

The media's ignoring Colbert's effect at the White House Correspondents Dinner is a very clear example of what others have called the media's penchant for buying into the conservative/rightwing "narrative."

In this instance, the "narrative" is that President Bush, for all his missteps, has a darling sense of humor and is a real regular guy, able to poke delightful fun at himself and his penchant for mis-using and mispronouncing words.

Who cares if he lied to start a war? (Or chose to ignore all contrary opinion, which as far as war-starting goes, is pretty crummy.) Who cares if he declares he's above the law, and according to the Boston Globe yesterday there are something like 750 laws he's decided don't apply to him as "Commander-in-Chief"? "

r3282836043.jpg
capt.dchg11404300454.bush_correspondents_dchg114.jpg

capt.dchg11604300453.bush_correspondents_dchg116.jpg

:love::drool::combust:

:shifty:

kellyahern said:

wag of the finger :drool:

everytime I refresh on that thank you site, another comment has been added - the "thank you's" are flying in :).

No kidding. In the two seconds it took me to add one, another six appeared below mine :lol:

I signed somewhere in the 3000 range... My friend said I should read what she wrote, but had no idea where and when she posted, and apparently neither did she :lol: Oh well... Keep checking the count kelly :nerd: :wink:

U2democrat said:
Hmmm, a very tough challenge, but one the Bush administration answered a long time ago

rum4.jpg

rum10.jpg

rum11.jpg

rum19.jpg

Still doesn't get any sexywink from me or anybody else for that matter :wink:

U2democrat said:
r3282836043.jpg

:love::drool::combust:

:shifty: [/B][/QUOTE]

Check out the look on the Prez's face....... Priceless:drool:

I had a dream last night that I was running for office and was interviewed on the Repor(t) and he was so impressed he donated money to my campaign :shifty:

Plus I was stalked by a really scary goose earlier today so I named it Helen Thomas :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom