The Colbert Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Did you catch the show tonight? He had gone down to S.Caroline to schmooze on 10/28 :lol:

That was hilarious! That part with him in the salon was great. The scene in the gun shop was amazing. I was cracking up when they were naming different guns after the candidates.
Colbert: "This one says 'back off'. This one says 'back the fuck off'.":lmao:

I'm sad about this. :(

I'm also sad he went to USC and not Clemson, even though he mentioned Clemson along with USC when he announced his candidacy. :sad:

Although, I am definitely glad that I no longer have to choose between him and Obama when I vote in the primaries. That choice would've broken me. :wink:

from MTV.com

Stephen Colbert is having the last "word" over his seemingly imperiled presidential candidacy, which was dealt a big blow last week after the executive committee of the South Carolina Democratic Party shot down his bid in the state. "I am shocked and saddened by the South Carolina Democratic executive council's 13-to-3 vote to keep me off their presidential primary ballot," the host of Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" said in a statement. "Although I lost by the slimmest margin in presidential election history — only 10 votes — I have chosen not to put the country through another agonizing Supreme Court battle. It is time for this nation to heal." But don't worry, Colbert Nation, your hero hasn't thrown in the towel entirely. "I want to say to my supporters, this is not over. While I may accept the decision of the council, the fight goes on! The dream endures!" He then made an additional comment, sarcastically acknowledging the Hollywood writers' strike that will likely keep his show from airing new episodes in the near future: "And I am going off the air until I can talk about this without weeping." The film and TV writers went on strike Monday (November 5) after talks with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers broke down. Reuters reports that both sides are digging in for what could be a lengthy standoff, mostly over the writers' demands for higher fees from the distribution of movies and TV shows on DVD and over the Internet. Late-night talk shows — including "The Colbert Report," "The Daily Show" and "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" — are expected to be the first to suffer from the strike. ...

from tmz.com

Chicken Salad Out of Chicken S*** -- KFC Wants Colbert!
Posted Nov 12th 2007 1:45PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Wacky and Weird

Although Comedy Central host Stephen Colbert has dropped out of the Presidential race, he can still run KFC's White House!

1112_stephen_colbert_kfc_wi.jpg

In an open letter to the semi-fictional right wing political pundit funnyman, the restaurant chain has extended an offer to Colbert to serve as KFC President for a day -- "no ballot, election or voting required." Somewhere, Dubya is salivating! If he accepts the offer, Colbert's official duties will include sorting the "left wings" from the "right wings" and a "State of the Chicken" address. Paging FEMA!

One perk of this presidency is that Colbert won't have to choose sides, since KFC says, "We have plenty of mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw and macaroni and cheese to go around." Finger lickin' good!

Haven't had a lot of free time lately - haven't read much of it, but I'm liking it! I think I just passed religion and am on to sex :flirt:

The Best Of DVD came out last week. I may have to pick that up :hmm:

12/28/07:
NEW YORK (AP) — The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report will resume production on Jan. 7 without their striking writers, the Comedy Central network announced Thursday.
Both late-night shows were shuttered after the Hollywood writers strike began seven weeks ago. The comedy duo are the latest late-night hosts to announce their return to the air while the ongoing writers strike continues to devastate much television and film production. Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Kimmel have all recently said that they will resume their programs on Jan. 2 with or without their writing staffs.

On Friday, leaders of striking television writers plan to meet with David Letterman's production company in an attempt to reach a separate deal that could return the Late Show to the air with its writing staff.

But The Daily Show and The Colbert Report rely far more on scripted material than those shows, which are more centered around interviews and musical guests.

In a joint statement, Stewart and Colbert said: "We would like to return to work with our writers. If we cannot, we would like to express our ambivalence, but without our writers we are unable to express something as nuanced as ambivalence."

Can't wait to see what both shows do tonight :hyper:

Not bad so far! I miss some of John's "regular" segments, especially Clusterfuck to the White House.:love:

His best line was, referring to actors advocating for the writer's strike: "Oh my gosh, you got Sean Penn to advocate your cause?? You must have a....cause!":lmao:

This is ok, but I'm really looking forward to Colbert.:drool:

Meh, I thought it was a little weak, but then I thought the Daily Show had been in decline even with the writers lately, I really do prefer the Report.

I'm sleepy though so I'll catch the reruns tomorrow, I've missed Stephen so much!

Lila64 said:
he has a beard now too? :ohmy:

It was a fake beard.

A huge, Amish-style fake beard.

He was simultaniously feeding paper through a paper shredder as though the paper was a script, so the joke was the show was written for him and he was destroying evidence via the shredder, and then he got his huge fake Amish beard caught in the paper shredder on purpose so that it came off.

:lol:

namkcuR said:

It was a fake beard.

A huge, Amish-style fake beard.

He was simultaniously feeding paper through a paper shredder as though the paper was a script, so the joke was the show was written for him and he was destroying evidence via the shredder, and then he got his huge fake Amish beard caught in the paper shredder on purpose so that it came off.

:lol:

It was beautiful.:drool:

Did anybody catch the bit last last night with Colbert talking to Lou Dobbs in Spanish, dressed up like a Mexican in a purple suit with a fake moustache(becasue Dobbs' money subject is illegal immigration)?

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom