The Colbert Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
February 14, 2007

NEW YORK --Stephen Colbert may have no taste for the truth, but he does have a sweet tooth.

Ben & Jerry's has named a new ice cream in honor of the comedian: "Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream." It's vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel. Announcing the new flavor Wednesday, Ben & Jerry's called it: "The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth."

The Vermont-based ice-cream maker is known for naming its flavors after people such as Jerry Garcia, Wavy Gravy and the band Phish -- which Colbert sees as a political bias.

"I'm not afraid to say it. Dessert has a well-known liberal agenda," Colbert said in a statement. "What I hope to do with this ice cream is bring some balance back to the freezer case."

Colbert, who spoofs flag-waving conservative pundits on his Comedy Central show, "The Colbert Report," is donating his proceeds to charity through the new Stephen Colbert Americone Dream Fund, which will distribute the money to various causes.

MrsSpringsteen said:
February 14, 2007

NEW YORK --Stephen Colbert may have no taste for the truth, but he does have a sweet tooth.

Ben & Jerry's has named a new ice cream in honor of the comedian: "Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream." It's vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel. Announcing the new flavor Wednesday, Ben & Jerry's called it: "The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth."

that sound absolutely delicious :drool:

:drool: I can't wait to try it

12.gif

U2democrat said:
When Stephen began dancing I just about lost it. That was hysterical.

you shoulda seen me! i started laughing so hard, i was in tears and i rolled off the couch laughing! :lmao: :lmao:

like my mom said, i could watch it a bajilliongazillion times and it would never get old. :lol:

junk holder :giggle:

Damn, I fell asleep. Will need a link... or surf the Comedy Central site. But once I'm there, I can't watch just one. Kinda like eating potato chips :drool:

got this in an email from a friend:

With everything going on in Washington and the world, we think you could use a good laugh. And it just so happens, Ben (of Ben & Jerry's) Cohen, our fearless leader and creative visionary, will be yukking it up with Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report this Monday night. We think it's worth a laugh.
So be sure to watch Comedy Central on Monday night at 11:30 pm eastern. Ben's gonna try to mention TrueMajority and the great work you folks do to make the world a better place -- but who knows what Colbert has in store. Either way, it's sure to be hilarious, so tune in.

Matt, Darcy, Chris, Li'l Ben and Brian
The TrueMajority Team

colbert_icecream.jpg

Last edited:
Atomicbono, I thought of you tonight while watching the show, can you guess why?

1 hint:

EXTREME :lol:

Back
Top Bottom