The bride wore bandages: 'Bridalplasty'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
The bride wore bandages: 'Bridalplasty' to combine extreme plastic surgery with wedding day stress

alg_cake.jpg

Some women have china patterns or placemats on their 'wish lists'. Others have liposuction and rhinoplasty.

The upcoming E! series 'Bridalplasty' caters to the second category.
The reality show, a mix of extreme plastic surgery with wedding day drama has a competition element, according the Hollywood Reporter.

Each week, a woman will go for broke in a wedding-related competition. The winner will receive the plastic surgery that they long for to make their day complete.

What’s at stake?

According to the show’s description, contestants who are voted off risk "walking away with nothing and losing [their] chance to be the perfect bride."

But what would be a plastic surgery show without the famous 'reveal'?

The groom will not see his bandaged bride until the big day.

"Viewers will witness his emotional and possibly shocked reaction as they stand at the altar and he lifts her veil to see her for the first time following her extreme plastic surgery," says E!, according to the Reporter.

Read more: The bride wore bandages: 'Bridalplasty' to combine extreme plastic surgery with wedding day stress

'Bridalplasty' has women compete for plastic surgery, is a disgrace | EW.com

Bridalplasty_320.jpg

Every few months, a new show surfaces and we all declare it the utter nadir of cultural decrepitude. Ding! It’s time for another one of those. E! announced a new show called Bridalplasty today, which will follow soon-to-be-brides as they compete to win plastic surgery procedures. You know, to be “perfect.”
According to E!’s official announcement, 12 “eager brides-to-be” shack up and compete for plastic surgeries off their “wish lists.” “From muffin tops to crooked noses to flat chests, the perceived imperfections they hope to fix are extensive and dramatic,” the statement reads. It gets worse:
In the finale, the “Bridalplasty” champion will be named and viewers will follow her journey as she prepares for her dream wedding, which includes undergoing all of the procedures on her plastic surgery “wish list,” and her fiancé’s anticipation as he waits to see her full transformation. In a moment anticipated all season long, the bride will finally walk down the aisle to reveal her new appearance to her husband-to-be. Viewers will witness his emotional and possibly shocked reaction as they stand at the altar and he lifts her veil to see her for the first time following her extreme plastic surgery. The dramatic finale marks the end of her quest for perfection and reveals if her dream wedding does in fact become a reality.
Yes, the plastic surgeon from The Swan is the plastic surgeon for this show, too. Of course.
I need to go wash my soul in boiling holy bleach. Bridalplasty hits on some of the vilest trends in unscripted programming: pathological vanity, the wedding industrial complex, and women degrading themselves for fame and sport.
Every generation gets the grotesque emotional bankruptcy it deserves, I guess. Are you not entertained, PopWatchers?

if you have to get plastic surgery to make your wedding day complete you've got problems. Even though I'm not into the whole wedding marriage thing I do watch some of the wedding shows. I love Say Yes To The Dress, I love looking at wedding dresses.

Sounds like a pathetic show-but they're running out of wedding show ideas so there you go. Why isn't the groom getting any plastic surgery?

This is shocking and so very sad. Sadder still that they would actually make a TV show based on this! I agree with Mrs S on the marriage thing (I've been there done that) and I admit to watching a couple of the marriage shows on TV but they really turn my stomach. So much money spent on ridiculous extravagances IMO for unions many of which won't even make it. Bridezilla cracks me up as does some of the people in Say Yes to the Dress. I love the show Four Weddings where 4 brides attend one anothers weddings and judge them competing to win a honeymoon trip. Most of those brides are so catty! There was a show on BBC America where the engaged couple signs a contract and separates for 3 weeks while the Groom is given a budget and plans the entire wedding-all the Bride has to do is show up on the wedding day. Most of them turn out OK. It's a different twist on the whole wedding thing, watching a guy plan the big event even choosing the bride's gown and bridesmaid dresses, flowers, cake, caterer, venue.....

I am so glad I am not going to plan a wedding ever again!

Back
Top Bottom