The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think it was a romantic gesture. I think it was a father / daughter bonding moment.

So she finds out her husband is a bad guy and she really keeps it together like that with only one tiny tear? Ohhhh k.

She's done, but in the previews she's like "we've got to save Red"...girl just can't get things straight.
Do you think she banged Ressler?

I love how repetitive her dialogue is, if nothing else. I think this is the 3rd time she's appeared at a man's door, late at night with an, "I didn't know where else to go."

Copying more posts I made on reddit over here but ...

Every time Red talks at the end of an episode now, I keep waiting for him to reveal he's lizzie's father.

"none of that would be as bad as losing you.... My daughter. "

"I need you to find the answers"
"and I need you... My daughter. "

" and then she kissed me on the cheek and it was like a burst of sunlight...And that's how I met your mother. "

Also, was it just me or did Berlin kinda sound like John Malkovich. That's probably way too big a secret to keep, but he just reminded me of him, probably because of Con Air.

I think we'll find out Berlin is:

19-atxl1.jpg

they want to take Reddington's breath away.

OK, there's something that's been bothering me guys...

...*phhww* this is hard...

..ok..

...the fuck is up with Red's little blue jacket? It doesn't fit him at all. Like, both in size and style. Is it some L. L. Bean tie-in or something? I just can't imagine seeing someone who cares that much about their appearance walking around in a tight-fitting lame-ass blue rain jacket.

Ok....I"m glad I got that off my chest.

Well one thing we know for sure...one of the writers is a Pearl Jam fan.

Will leave discussion of the rest till tomorrow when you people on the wrong coast have watched.

I hate now being one of those people on that coast, :lol:

That is probably my favorite PJ song, so that was killing me.

And you know something else? I found it funny that we hadn't yet seen Spader shirtless on this show, simply because it's kinda his M.O., I never expected it to be relevant.

Clearly there are only two possibilities left.

1) He's her father

2) He saved her from the fire, but is not her father. Thus the way he winced at the realization that she thought her father was this heroic person that saved her life. Suspect, to say the least, making it very clear that if he's not her father, her father is probably some sick, evil son of a bitch.

Well, there's a fun theory floating around Reddit that I love.

Red = The Dissident
79 (from the Stewmaker's book and the same person in Berlin's pocketwatch) = Berlin's daughter, who fell in love with The Dissident
Lizzie = The Daughter of Red and 79, granddaughter of Berlin.

IOW: As has been suspected from the start, Red has TWO daughters. One is dead, the other is Lizzie.

I highly doubt that they are going to spend the entire show dangling the "who is Lizzie's father" thing out at this point. He may have told her to back off of it, but if we've learned anything about her character, we know she's going to start snooping. She clearly also knows he's her dad at this point. Or at least strongly suspects that he is, possibly leading us on throughout the season until an ultimate showdown discovery of who her father really is.

Meanwhile, I notice that the evil surrounding Fitch has certainly backed off an extraordinary amount. I don't think we're going to deal much with him until the last season of the show.

Honestly, at this point, cash cow, though it may be, I don't think they can go more than 3 seasons with this story. I always wondered how they were going to make it past one. I see three seasons worth of arc, now. Season 2 = Berlin/Liz's father, Season 3 = Fitch.

Yeah, clearly they want us to think Red is her father (they've wanted us to think that all along, but the burns really emphasized it), so the twist would be some way of explaining him not being her father, which could be something like your theory #2.

So Tom is still alive. He will undoubtedly hook up with Berlin next season, and he clearly has a weakness when it comes to Liz, so he'll be Berlin's undoing I assume next spring.

I really think I'm going to just live in peace for now and assume that he's her father, but as everyone was saying after the mid-season finale, he doesn't feel that he is because he is no longer the person he was.

Why, otherwise, so strongly push Lizzie to understand that her father is dead, despite what she's been told?

There is, of course, the dissenting opinion, asking why Tom would question Red's obsession, only to tell Lizzie the next episode that he knows her father is still alive.... My answer to that is, though a little weak, he didn't know before, but since meeting back up with Berlin, found out. OR while he's been out about town since ducking his tail, he investigated on his own.

I don't know, it just seems to me like the conversation between red and Liz in the car and on the stairs was largely an unspoken one. She seems completely aware he's her father and he seems completely insistent that she let it go.

Good show. :up: Spader is the highlight. A bit of a letdown not bringing down the real Berlin. Mr Kaplan or Red or Lizzie took care of Tom's body, he's not alive. Red let Berlin think he killed him yet he would let Tom Keen live ? I don't think so...

Who were the people watching Tom and Lizzie in their house (the guy with the apple) ? Berlin, Filtch or a third party ?

Red's not the father (too obvious and kind of reduntant since she's already in danger by working with Reddington anyway), but he did save Lizzie in that fire and gave her to Sam. (since he went to the dark side he couldn't take care of her) If she finds out who her father is and starts digging the people who started the fire might come back fo her.

Berlin is the one that hurt Red's family all those years ago ("that night" Diane presumably meant before she shot her) and thus they both have the same picture from Stewmaker. So Red went from FBI to the dark side and resurfaced when Lizzie joined FBI to protect her using the FBI and his own resources to fight off his enemies.

This isn't off to a good start at all, but the preview for next week looked promising.

I will say this, though:
The reveal of Megan Boone's haircut was, possibly, my favorite meta tv show moment, ever. Maybe the episode of Monk where Sarah Silverman makes him promise never to change his theme song, if he ever had his own show, was better, but that was damn close.

I guess we can assume Red's ex wife doesn't like him since
she gave him the finger

And that should
put an end to any further speculation that Lizzie is Red's daughter, cause certainly her mother would have recognized her

Man, I didn't think I would be able to do another season of all of these stupid mysteries and bullshit...

...I was right.

I'm only staying for Spaderman, but it's hard.

I guess we can assume Red's ex wife doesn't like him since
she gave him the finger

And that should
put an end to any further speculation that Lizzie is Red's daughter, cause certainly her mother would have recognized her

You're of course assuming that Red has only had sex with one woman ever and that he would never consider leaving that woman for somebody else.

That plot is pretty much dead though. Which means the show got even worse.

Yeah, I mean, after tonight, I have to assume that Liz has seen a photograph of Red's daughter.

Of course, in all likelihood, he has more than a few kids running around out there.

Whatever, I don't even care anymore.

Plus they are calling the daughter by name, "Jennifer", right. So unless Lizzie is his bastard child she is not his daughter.
I'm sure the writers haven't thought it through and are making shit up as they go along and either we're never going to find out Red's obsession with her or the reveal will be something totally far fetched cause the writers paint themsleves into a corner as time goes on.

I couldn't exactly put into words why this episode was the one that I absolutely lost it with this show over, but I think the final scene with Red and Liz was what did it. James Spader just absolutely nailing it, little tears all filling his eyes and shit...and there's Megan Boone, just...standing there. I think she's supposed to be acting hard, or whatever, but she just looks like a plank of wood. Completely blank. Nothing. It's so stupid. Just let the characters breath and interact with each other. Stop saving everything they have to say for a two minute scene at the end of the episode.

1) It's predictable.
2) It's completely unrealistic. You're going to tell me that she came all the way over there to say two sentences to him and then leave? It's ridiculous.

And the fucking "mystery"...oh my God. Just stop hinting at it. We get it. You're not going to tell us anything, so don't bother.

Welp...

When the creator of the most "mysterious show on television" is posting shit on Twitter about sexual undertones, you can basically 100% count me out from here. Of course, I'll keep watching, cause, Spader, and because I want to know how the fuck they're going to spin this shit, but I couldn't be less engaged.

The day there's an obvious, week-to-week will they/won't they plot running through the show, I'll never watch another second of it. It's already right on the borderline.

Back
Top Bottom