The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm caught up now.

This show is terrible.

Bring on the straight through showings til the end.

Also seriously Red is a woman.

Well got a little interesting last night.

And one can only hope that's the last we see of Jennifer (doubtful, but maybe she won't resurface till the final episode or 2). Worst character in TV history.

Alright, I'm caught up.

Jennifer is terrible. I can't figure out if she's being duplicitous or is just a terrible actress, but yeesh.

Liz is an idiot, I don't know what more there is to say. For the most part, there is almost always a Blacklister to explain away anything weird on the show, and if she'd just come clean, she'd probably be able to get the answers she wanted, and even if she didn't, I don't know why it's so difficult for her to remember several key things: There was someone who is able to change someone's DNA and Red made it clear that it was possible her memories were altered, not erased. So there's no reason to believe the skeleton is what it appears to be anymore than there is to believe that Red is Red.

I'm still going to be furious if Spader is Katerina, I mean, good God what a dumb twist, but I'm getting more prepared for it by the episode. Dembe wouldn't have known Katerina if I understand the timeline correctly, and yet here we have him acting as though he does know her, which of course lines up with the Rederina thing. But they've been known to drop joking references to fan theories in the past, so I suppose anything is possible.

And oh lordie, I just can't handle the steamy romance brewing between Ressler and Liz :|

But in all seriousness, this is my favorite season of the show in a while, probably since S2. Spader seems like he's been on way more of it and him defending himself in court has been what I signed up for when I started watching this show. The episode with him training the rat was one of my absolute favorites: Good villain of the week, weird-ass Red. Good stuff.

So basically my theory at this point, if Red isn't Katerina is something along the lines of there being an attempt on Katerina's part to save Red from Fitch's plan by faking his death. They argue about it but she's already lain most of the groundwork. Some 3rd party individual is caught up in the crossfire (literally, being the person Liz kills, probably someone sent by Fitch to take out Red despite the agreement he and Katerina had made, and likely the person who starts the fire), still no idea who that person might be, but they're the bag of bones and Katerina uses the DNA guy to set him up to be Red, and maybe also while the real Red is out of commission because of the injuries he sustained in the fire (I know it's been a long time, but remember he's got terrible burn scars on his back) she has Koehler change his face. Then for whatever reason, and obviously where my theory comes up flat, Real-Red refuses to change his identity and continues on his crusade to out the Cabal, but he has to also make sure Lizzie is safe, so he builds the criminal empire to get the pull he needs to be that powerful of a force.

or something like that. I just still think Red is Red and all of this Imposter shenanigans is a red (ha!) herring.

Last edited:
So most people sit on death row for decades before being executed,
Red...guilty, zap his ass tomorrow.
So I just finished up season 6. Wtf was that rush? Was there an extended gap maybe? Because it seems like 4 years or so have passed. Agnes is like 6 now.

Also, I can't believe it, but they got me excited for another season.

All last season I was under the impression it was the final season...I'll watch again, but this better be it and they better explain everything.

I thought it was the final season, as well. When they announced there was another, I felt so deflated, haha.

My current theory is that Red is Katerina, Katerina is Red, the Stranger is Liz and Dembe is Raymond. Liz was created in a lab.

So Katerina had an addadictomy, Red's real Russian name is Vladimir Chopmykokov and Dembe had skin pigmentation enhamcement.
I like it.

Last edited:
I'm so confused at this point.

Also, I love that we're right back to Liz being mad at Red again :rolleyes:

They'll stretch this whole Katarina thing out for 3 seasons or until they get cancelled and we never find out what makes her tick.

Just give Dembe a spin off and kill this show.

Red addressed her as Katerina in last season's finale I believe.
After episode 1 I was questioning whether she was really Katerina, but thought that episode 2 made it clear she was (or is certainly perceived to be). Who knows, given this show's history we'll find out not only is she a man, but also not human but either canine or feline or something.

Last edited:
It's Dom that made me suspicious. He seems to like to talk evasively. He didn't really seem to confirm to the nurse that the person trying to kill him and his daughter were the same person. But I think I'm looking too hard at it at this point, because I'm used to the show lying so much.

He looked extremely familiar, but that might be who I was thinking of.

Did you catch that symbolism at the end with Katerina reading Little Red Riding Hood? #blacklistsodeep

It was an ok episode, I just do not care about Aram so....I did laugh when Red straight up said he had certain members of the FBI in his employ. I guess that is how he's spinning it to avoid suspicion, but aren't the best lies based in the truth? Also, this new character? I care more about her sad, sad storyline than Aram.

Also, wtf is next week's episode? How stupid can this show get? And honestly Red better be one of Liz's parents at this point, because once he finds out she told everyone and their brother at the Task force about his "true" identity, how he isn't going to kill her, I really don't know.

Yeah, though I don't recall the end of Little Red Riding Hood being that the wolf ate the kid, I thought the woodsman or someone saved her and killed the wolf. (Been a while)

And we know no bounds of the stupidity/absurdity the writers of this show can come up with.

I believe it's the original ending. You know how every fairy tale is secretly all fucked up? I think in one version she is eaten. I do still think the woodsman comes and fucks up the wolf, though.

Per wiki

What a big mouth you have" ("The better to eat you with!", responds the wolf), at which point the wolf jumps out of bed and eats her, too. Then he falls asleep. In Charles Perrault's version of the story (the first version to be published), the tale ends here. However, in later versions, the story continues generally as follows:
A*woodcutter*in the French version, but a*hunter*in the Brothers Grimm and traditional German versions, comes to the rescue with an axe, and cuts open the sleeping wolf. Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother emerge unharmed. Then they fill the wolf's body with heavy stones. The wolf awakens and attempts to flee, but the stones cause him to collapse and die. Sanitized versions of the story have the grandmother locked in the closet instead of being eaten and some have Little Red Riding Hood saved by the lumberjack as the wolf advances on her rather than after she gets eaten, where the woodcutter kills the wolf with his axe.

So cutting the wolf open to remove 2 people from the wolf's stomach (and even though the wolf has big teeth he didn't chew either person, fucker just swallowed 150lb Grandma whole through that 4 inch snout), doesn't kill the wolf, but the stones do,

Got it.
Obviously The Blacklist has enlisted the same writers for the show as wrote that tale.

I don't like her so far, and this was easily a bottom 5 all time episode.

I'm super disappointed they wrote off the nurse already, I was invested there.

Back
Top Bottom