The Blacklist - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:14 AM
I really think I'm going to just live in peace for now and assume that he's her father, but as everyone was saying after the mid-season finale, he doesn't feel that he is because he is no longer the person he was.

Why, otherwise, so strongly push Lizzie to understand that her father is dead, despite what she's been told?

There is, of course, the dissenting opinion, asking why Tom would question Red's obsession, only to tell Lizzie the next episode that he knows her father is still alive.... My answer to that is, though a little weak, he didn't know before, but since meeting back up with Berlin, found out. OR while he's been out about town since ducking his tail, he investigated on his own.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't know, it just seems to me like the conversation between red and Liz in the car and on the stairs was largely an unspoken one. She seems completely aware he's her father and he seems completely insistent that she let it go.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor

This is a fun read:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/13/bl...ason-1-finale/
Old 05-31-2014, 08:53 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Good show. Spader is the highlight. A bit of a letdown not bringing down the real Berlin. Mr Kaplan or Red or Lizzie took care of Tom's body, he's not alive. Red let Berlin think he killed him yet he would let Tom Keen live ? I don't think so...

Who were the people watching Tom and Lizzie in their house (the guy with the apple) ? Berlin, Filtch or a third party ?

Red's not the father (too obvious and kind of reduntant since she's already in danger by working with Reddington anyway), but he did save Lizzie in that fire and gave her to Sam. (since he went to the dark side he couldn't take care of her) If she finds out who her father is and starts digging the people who started the fire might come back fo her.

Berlin is the one that hurt Red's family all those years ago ("that night" Diane presumably meant before she shot her) and thus they both have the same picture from Stewmaker. So Red went from FBI to the dark side and resurfaced when Lizzie joined FBI to protect her using the FBI and his own resources to fight off his enemies.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

Got it.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Got it.
Good.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor

This isn't off to a good start at all, but the preview for next week looked promising.

I will say this, though:

The reveal of Megan Boone's haircut was, possibly, my favorite meta tv show moment, ever. Maybe the episode of Monk where Sarah Silverman makes him promise never to change his theme song, if he ever had his own show, was better, but that was damn close.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

I guess we can assume Red's ex wife doesn't like him since

she gave him the finger

And that should

put an end to any further speculation that Lizzie is Red's daughter, cause certainly her mother would have recognized her
Old 09-30-2014, 03:31 AM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor

Man, I didn't think I would be able to do another season of all of these stupid mysteries and bullshit...

...I was right.

I'm only staying for Spaderman, but it's hard.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 AM   #115
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I guess we can assume Red's ex wife doesn't like him since

she gave him the finger

And that should

put an end to any further speculation that Lizzie is Red's daughter, cause certainly her mother would have recognized her
You're of course assuming that Red has only had sex with one woman ever and that he would never consider leaving that woman for somebody else.

That plot is pretty much dead though. Which means the show got even worse.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 AM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, I mean, after tonight, I have to assume that Liz has seen a photograph of Red's daughter.

Of course, in all likelihood, he has more than a few kids running around out there.

Whatever, I don't even care anymore.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Plus they are calling the daughter by name, "Jennifer", right. So unless Lizzie is his bastard child she is not his daughter.
I'm sure the writers haven't thought it through and are making shit up as they go along and either we're never going to find out Red's obsession with her or the reveal will be something totally far fetched cause the writers paint themsleves into a corner as time goes on.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

I couldn't exactly put into words why this episode was the one that I absolutely lost it with this show over, but I think the final scene with Red and Liz was what did it. James Spader just absolutely nailing it, little tears all filling his eyes and shit...and there's Megan Boone, just...standing there. I think she's supposed to be acting hard, or whatever, but she just looks like a plank of wood. Completely blank. Nothing. It's so stupid. Just let the characters breath and interact with each other. Stop saving everything they have to say for a two minute scene at the end of the episode.

1) It's predictable.
2) It's completely unrealistic. You're going to tell me that she came all the way over there to say two sentences to him and then leave? It's ridiculous.

And the fucking "mystery"...oh my God. Just stop hinting at it. We get it. You're not going to tell us anything, so don't bother.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:17 AM   #119
Blue Crack Distributor

Welp...

When the creator of the most "mysterious show on television" is posting shit on Twitter about sexual undertones, you can basically 100% count me out from here. Of course, I'll keep watching, cause, Spader, and because I want to know how the fuck they're going to spin this shit, but I couldn't be less engaged.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #120
The Male

The day there's an obvious, week-to-week will they/won't they plot running through the show, I'll never watch another second of it. It's already right on the borderline.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
the blacklist