The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how much clearer the writing on the wall can be to her. Liz is the densest character on TV.

"I saw my dad he was dead!"

"Memories can play tricks on you."

"Nuh uh! It's halfway through the season, so I HATE YOU again!"

"But..."

*smacks hand away*
tumblr_njc5t3qDL11u1y5rwo1_500.gif

And yet the entire time she's holding a real bunny and never makes the connection that it's her stuffed rabbit. Liz iz dum.

If Liz is really important to Red -- he hasn't been there for her, pretty much every episode. She's always alone and if she wasn't the star of the show, she should have been killed 50 times by now. She's not Jack Bauer, she was just a profiler. Which means she should be sitting behind a desk -- at best she's Clarice Starling from Lambs, smart, but not a bad ass in the field.

Shouldn't Red actually be saving her ass BEFORE she's in trouble every week -- I mean he's just lucky she wasn't murdered before he got there. And if he never came to her, she wouldn't be in danger right now.

So now of it makes sense. He can't be her dad -- well he can be -- but that's gonna be the most unsurprising thing to ever happen on TV if that is true.

Red is the only character on the show -- some of the guest stars are good -- but the rest of the cast is cardboard with nothing to do. It's fun to watch great actors look terrible on bad shows. To show how it's not always great acting, but it's really up to the show to make a great actor shine.

Gus from Breaking Bad was terrible on Revolution.
And this week, they gave us Janel Moloney who was god awful with every line -- and she's one of the best parts of one of the best shows I've ever seen in The West Wing.
Guy from Homeland with funny name always has nothing to do on this show.
And Chief of station -- I can't bother to figure out his title -- now he has a cane! And someone has cancer! What character development. He was great on Dollhouse.

Give these actors something to do. Make someone smart besides Red. I mean this is the FBI and they stink. They know nothing.

It's bad network TV. I binged watch every episode, caught up to real time. Man is it bad. But I watch a lot of bad Tv and can't stop.

Yeah, I'm finally caught up again. Disappointed they've already settled the cat and mouse deal with the Metro PD. Could've been worth something.
I liked the cult episode at least.

And how does Lizzie always manage to get herself captured...last episode a mousey aging housewife manages to take her prisoner...mind boggling.

That clip show would have been the POS to run right after the Super Bowl so non fans could catch up... but that was pathetic. I've been hate watching... I binged watch the first season on Netflix or I would never get this far. I watched ER for it's entire 15 year run and missed like 5 episodes... it got annoying around season 8... so I always stay with dumb shows....

But most network dramas are terrible for many many reasons. This one is terrible because the big mysterious and reveals would be a throw away line in a Stephen King novel... there are so minor and not at all exciting.

The Pilot was the best episode of the series. That's not a good thing.

I think General Lud is still my favorite episode, even though the villain of the week portion sucked ass.

I don't know how much longer I can put myself through this. I love Spader... But how much...

Viewership is going down each week, too, and I honestly expect a sharp decline next week.

Any time they have Tom in an episode, they push this big Twitter campaign, and I just can't help be ask who cares? I certainly don't. It's season two. I've hardly gotten to know ANY of these characters. The Tom Bond hashtag from last season and was cute, but this is seriously old now. #tomkeen is just lazy.

But since he's now a blacklister, I'm expecting death here. They so rarely bring them in alive. But because of the phone call scene with Lizzie, I also imagine it's gonna be EMOTIONAL!

Oh, also I see were right on cue for Liz to start caring about Red again. It's bad if a show is this predictable in its structure so early. I also anticipate that this Tom thing is the remainder of the season, as this is about where Berlin was introduced last season, but of the episode is called Tom Keen, next week, never mind that.

I hate that I feel too invested to give up. I would like them to do a "Lost" and announce an end date (like end of season 3, which is probably too long) and work to a resolution and give us good answers about the Red/Liz connection.

When they showed the first flashback it was fine, figured they could pop in a flashback or a few while she testified to the judge, but when every question lead to a flachback... how friggin' lazy can you get?

For a clip show, it was done fairly ok, but any clipshow that's not part of a comedy series is a HUGE waste.

I want to believe they're determined to give some answers at the end of this season.

Oh my God. Who schedules this show? Why the fuck is it going on another three week hiatus?

Red getting shot is a really lame way to keep people talking for 3 weeks until the next episode.

Would have thought they'd end the season with him getting shot. Then next season could start with him in the shower and Lizzie walking in the bathroom to join him.

Lmfao.

I'm so glad they've been pushing her relationships with other people in the last few episodes.

I said to Travis after he was shot, "hell, he was barely in the last few episodes anyways. Maybe they're phasing him out. Liz is well on her way to taking over his empire anyways. Can't wait for the show to just be all Liz, all the time. "

But seriously, I don't think he was actually shot. or at least I think he set it up to make it look like he died so be can go into hiding.

But what does it mean?

Also, we still have Tom telling her that her father is alive so did he survive her shooting him? And what caused the fire.... And why was Red there?

She didn't remember everything, she remembered next to nothing.

That ending was super sweet, but I still don't want a romantic relationship between them. I like him as at least some kind of father figure, at any rate.

And what did he mean by I didnt want you to end up like me?

And honestly, this solves nothing for me. If she shot him, and he was laying on the ground, it would 100% explain how Red got burned and why Tom told her her father was alive. Liz didn't remember shit except the exciting part. She left out the details.

I assume house was burned down intentionally maybe to fake her father's death or something (if he survived the gunshot), otherwise to hide the fact that he was shot by his psychopathic 4 yr old communist daughter and make folks think he died in the fire.

Finally got around to watching the finale. As always, I got no answers and a bunch of runaround bullshit.

Look, it's not that I think Red is obviously related to Liz in some way, either by blood or marriage.

It's not that I think shipping is an inherently bad thing.

But in this particular context, with all of the clues that we've been given, with Red keeping those photos around his apartment...if those two hook up, I won't even finish the episode. Channel changed, never to return. Even if it's spun in a creepy pedophilia angle, it's still fan bait. It's still poor writing. We all have our limits and that one is mine. It really seems like that's the direction this is going in.

Yeah...that was weird...very weird.

Haven't watched last night's episode yet, but in general I was a little disappointed with the premiere. Disappointed we're still in DC. Disappointed they found a way to get Lizzie away from Red so we had to deal with more of her acting solo. I was excited for more Spader, because he was sorely lacking in season 2. And let's be real...he's the only good actor on this show, maybe outside Lennox.

Premise for this week's episode could be cool, as long as there's enough action.

Back
Top Bottom