The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm torn. I am told there was an episode where he said he would never lie to her. But, that pause....

See, this changes a lot for me. The reason I always hedged my bets on him being her father was that she seemed to know who her biological father was. Now that's out the window, making things a lot more interesting.

The question is, if he's lying, why is he lying? Usually he deflects if he doesn't want to tell her something.

Also, was that just a continuity error, or how did Anslo suddenly find out her name, nick name of all things, actually. The whole episode he was asking who she was, then suddenly at the end he calls her Lizzie.

Liked Pendulum at the end, too. Still leaning towards him being her father, or causing her real father's death.So what is Alda's part in all this?

And now we have to wait 4-5 weeks for the show to return.

I'm torn. I am told there was an episode where he said he would never lie to her.

Got a correction on this:

From the Pilot.
LIZZIE: and I'm supposed to trust you?
RED: (Laughs) No, of course not. I'm a criminal, and criminals are notorious liars.

It was his assistant, Grey, but I'm really confused.... Did he work secretly for the FbI? If so, why did no one recognize him from all the photos they had of him hanging up at the Black Site?

I'm sure there are lots and lots of people who work for the FBI, but you would think someone would've scanned Red's people.
Speaking of Red's people... Really bummed out that Grey is gone. Without him and Luli, it's just Dembe now. We didn't get much of a chance to grow with any of those characters. Hopefully whoever they replace them with is a little better.

Next week looks like it could be really, really stupid or really, really awesome. I'm still not certain.

Don't joke about such things. Things that are really, really awesome and stupid are my favorite things, you know that.

Man, the last two episodes have not been doing it for me...and now we're back on break :sigh:

But hearing "Sundown" at the end of tonight's episode was a blast. THE GORD!

I liked the end of this one with Spaderman continuing his revenge spree. I like him as a murderous lunatic much more than as a smug informant.

This episode felt like it had almost no Spader, but that ending almost made up for it.

I'm just getting irritated with how jumbled up the writers have been with the back story.

Why has the audience still not been told if Red's family is still alive or not? You'd think the FBI would know about that and have mentioned it.

I guess some real high ups (like the one he capped last night) have info on his family, but the regular FBI Joe's aren't privy to that info. Hopefully when the backstory gets revealed it won't be a letdown.

Having watched some incredibly good tv over the last few years (breaking bad, walking dead, southland, true detective, game of thrones, etc.) this show is really not all that special. Spader keeps it interesting and without him there would be no reason to watch. I do appreciate that he kills people from time to time, that's the payoff, which they have obviously figured out. I guess I have to just remember this is NBC, which considering the company it keeps, the show is pretty decent. Just not compared to the shows listed in parenthesis above.

No, not at all.

For a while I was only watching for spader.

Then I got interested in the plot.

Now I'm back to just watching for Spader.

Shuttttttttt up.

Keens hubby really is a bad guy? Or has that already been established? I know its been suspicious but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

They had to do this, I think, because it was getting to the point were he was absolutely too perfect. There had to be a breaking point, and the writers seemed a bit incapable of doing it through characterization of so they threw in a new short-term baddie to handle the situation.

I kinda like where this is going, though. Seems like the woman is trying to get at Red because someone in the criminal underworld has finally noticed his buddy that he's awfully protective of.

Alright, there are only two possibilities at this point:

1) He's her father

2) He is inserting himself as a father figure into her life.

The idea that there is any sort of romance in this relationship is one of the thinnest threads I have seen on the Internet.

Unless it was supposed to be some unspoken realization on her part that he's her father, that's the only way that made sense.

I love how, if it is a romantic gesture, how well it worked with the A Plot. Because if Red is using the information he's gained about her throughout her life to make her fall in love with him, he's just as creepy as that kid.

But the girls on Tumblr are still just eating it up, "Oh look how sweet! Of course it's a romantic gesture!"

Back
Top Bottom