The Big Bang Theory - the scientific research thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S.A.K

The Fly
I have searched the forum for a thread on this but cannot find one, so either I am not seeing the forest because of all the trees or people in here do not enjoy dressing up as The Justice League of America....

So lets geek out over everything from Sheldon, Leonard, Raj, Howard and Penny to our favourite algorithms and mortal enemies!

I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of this show but don't like it anymore because it has been thrashed by one of our channels and it just isn't that funny.

They spent so long making Sheldon out like he was asexual, then they get an attractive actress, put big glasses on her, made her TV's idea of a nerd, and made her his girlfriend. I know it's all part of sitcoms but that annoyed me.

They spent so long making Sheldon out like he was asexual, then they get an attractive actress, put big glasses on her, made her TV's idea of a nerd, and made her his girlfriend. I know it's all part of sitcoms but that annoyed me.
that's so true. amy (i refuse to call her by her full name like sheldon does, as no one in life goes by their full fucking name) is definitely the weak link in the show for me. part of it's tarnished because mayim bialik does that attachment parenting thing (i can't help it, i think it's a load of bollocks).

anyway, i do still find the show funny, but older seasons are funnier than the current one. it's a little too perfect now that there's three couples. the show will really jump the shark when raj gets a girlfriend.

I'm still enjoying the current season. Didn't get to see this week's episode, but last week's - when Amy was feigning sick to keep Sheldon taking care of her - was one of the best, I think. Especially the whole spanking bit. :lol: Anyway, I found the series by accident about four years ago & I've been hooked since. I completely understand why it can be annoying to folks, though. To each their own, right? :shrug:

I find Amy Farrah Fowler to be quite amusing and I do not think that the fact she is now Sheldons "girlfriend" and not just a girl who is a friend has made Sheldon any less asexual. It´s just another way of placing him in situations where his knowledge of physics and Star Trek is of little use and too see what comedy emerges from that. Sure, it seems that maybe Sheldon is going through some sort of learning curve, but that is fine with me. It´s still a really funny mainstream sitcom, perhaps not the best of the genre, but for me it certainly has the most lovable characters. And I think a lot people with a love of sci-fi, comics, games feel that way and that the show, though maybe not always completely spot on, is a bit like having a song written in your honor. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom