The Bi-Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I know, they were digitalized. I just meant that given that both were digitalized, Pitt looked better to me as the younger Benji. Maybe my eye is used to seeing women in film botoxed so that's why I said I could almost convince myself about Blanchett, but it was much better than that. I knew they were digitalized going into the film yet never once did I think he in particular looked fake as the younger character.

I also agree, I thought Brad Pitt looked incredible in the younger version (and he is not my "type" either). Cate was beautiful but something about her looked more fake than Brad's digi-face.

Pitt looked like he did in Thelma & Louise, so there was some visual reference there. Blanchett looked like a porcelain doll or something, slightly unnatural.

It's amazing to me how ridiculous the de-aging CGI was in X-Men: The Last Stand for Picard and Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian and how fantastic it looks only 2 years later.

Pitt looked like he did in Thelma & Louise, so there was some visual reference there. Blanchett looked like a porcelain doll or something, slightly unnatural.

It's amazing to me how ridiculous the de-aging CGI was in X-Men: The Last Stand for Picard and Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian and how fantastic it looks only 2 years later.

Atomics!!!

wow,
I thought you were still my neighbor

I will now need to adjust how I evaluate your replies

Sorry, Deep. I moved to Chicago in April, 2007.

You should go back and read all of my posts since then, and then formulate a new opinion of me.

Though, the weather here is so very bad that it's conceivable that I'll come crawling back to LA sooner than later. :)

Sorry, Deep. I moved to Chicago in April, 2007.

You should go back and read all of my posts since then, and then formulate a new opinion of me.

Though, the weather here is so very bad that it's conceivable that I'll come crawling back to LA sooner than later. :)

I think we are ok, I did run all your replies through the "can relate" filter.

and I do believe that still applies.

(and I do remember reading about your mid-west move. )

Yeah I've met Lila before too (in Hawaii) and I agree that she's a classy lady :up:

I also met Lila in Hawaii and will attest to the classiness.

What part of LA are you in? I spent 10 years there, moved away when I found out that Lazarus lived there.

blushing.gif
Thanks deep and Babydoll/NSW. I think I missed quoting you deep. Oops!

Babydoll -you've moved to L.A.? :hmm:

I was trying to remember what his first major film was. Yes, he looked a lot like that although he was in his late 20s when T&L was made and I thought he looked much younger, and was supposed to be much younger, than that as young Benji the last time we see Brad Pitt as Benji. I was going to ask everyone how old they thought he was supposed to be in that scene ... I was thinking 17, 18, 19?

I was trying to remember what his first major film was. Yes, he looked a lot like that although he was in his late 20s when T&L was made and I thought he looked much younger, and was supposed to be much younger, than that as young Benji the last time we see Brad Pitt as Benji. I was going to ask everyone how old they thought he was supposed to be in that scene ... I was thinking 17, 18, 19?

I am going with around 18

and if her daughter was around 14
that means the Cate character was around 57 then?

I also met Lila in Hawaii and will attest to the classiness.

What part of LA are you in? I spent 10 years there, moved away when I found out that Lazarus lived there.

Why was everyone in Hawaii? Was there a Jean Wolff convention or something?

I thought as much.

He's a sex object in T&L, but his first real substantial role was in Robert Redford's A River Runs Through It, where you pretty much see the making of a movie star before your eyes. He's pretty much perfect in the film.

He's a sex object in T&L, but his first real substantial role was in Robert Redford's A River Runs Through It, where you pretty much see the making of a movie star before your eyes. He's pretty much perfect in the film.

Oh, riiight...that's the one.

I agree, I've always loved A River. He even looks sort of like a young Redford in it.

I've yet to see BB, though. Not in the mood for tearjerkers of late, and if it's taken down 90% of the male population of Interland, what hope do I have?

Back
Top Bottom