The Amazing Race 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So excited! :hyper:

Has everyone seen the watermelon video that's been floating around? I hear it's hilarious, but none of the videos are viewable outside of the US. :angry: The CBS website used to allow AR videos, but this season they haven't. :( So I have no clue what these teams look or sound like.

I did read their bios though, and Connor and Jonathan seem like the most fun, based on that. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

i didn't read everyone's bio but off the bat i like Connor & Johnathan - NJ represent!!! of course this may change as the episode airs, but still.....

the watermelon to the face had to hurt! Thora, all the youtube vids of it are blocked for you? :(

That was really fun! :D The girl who is with her father (don't remember names just yet) was kinda cute, but a little overly perky. Loved her attitude, though. I assumed she was going to be a princess when storming the castle ("Have fun storming the castle, boys!" "Think it will work?" "It'll take a miracle!"), but I'm glad she had fun with it.

Gotta love the stupidity of that one team who had never heard of Stonehenge, and thought they were in the country of London. :doh:

I'm definitely still behind Team Glee (hee!) for the win. I did like the guys who were eliminated, but they just never got their bearings. Too bad. I think they would have been fun.

What a fun episode, so glad the Race is back! The Watermelon lady had a great attitude. That could have broken her nose, or worse.

Don't know who I'm rooting for yet, but a bunch of the teams were likable.

What a fun episode, so glad the Race is back! The Watermelon lady had a great attitude. That could have broken her nose, or worse.

Almost sounded like she had a minor concussion, saying she couldn't see straight etc.
But a watermelon to the melon has to be better than listening to her partner all day...man did she get annoying fast.

Was also interesting to see them depart from Gloucester MA where I lived from 1998-2006.
I'm pulling for Yau Man Lite and his son.

Great episode of the new season

I think the only team I don't like is that couple with the bossy boyfriend. Apart from that, great cast. Claire had gazoongas to keep trying after getting that watermelon in the face. I would've been bawling my eyes out

I guess these guys have never been to Accra, Ghana:

verizonad250.jpg

I dont drive stick shift but even I know you're supposed to take your foot off the clutch. :doh:

I dont drive stick shift but even I know you're supposed to take your foot off the clutch. :doh:

It amazes me (see what I did there?) whenever a contestant on this show can't drive a stick. Once you know you're gonna be on, and knowing that automobiles in the vast majority of the world have manual transmissions, wouldn't you find a friend witha stick and have them teach you to drive it?

Now the whole shifting lefty thing could be a little confusing...silly Brits.

Cable guy and Fios guy from the Verizon commercials.

Ahh. That would be why I've never seen them before. I'm from Canada, so we don't get American commercials here. :)

Yeah, it's really ridiculous that people don't bother to learn a little geography, or how to drive stick. If you (or your teammate) know anything about the show, you'll know that it's going to come up at some point during the race.

Though I must admit I'd be completely weirded out enough by driving in the left side of the car in an automatic.. I'd probably be a complete wreck trying to drive a stick as well.

I am going to have to rely on you all to keep me up dated since I will be here with my mom for who knows how long....she doesn't watch Amazing Race so I won't get to watch (she doesn't have DVR either dammit!) I was so looking forward to this season too. :sad:

I am going to have to rely on you all to keep me up dated since I will be here with my mom for who knows how long....she doesn't watch Amazing Race so I won't get to watch (she doesn't have DVR either dammit!) I was so looking forward to this season too. :sad:

You should be able to watch online at CBS.com after your mom goes to sleep or something.

Back
Top Bottom