The Amazing Race 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once again the ahow needed to be retitled "The Idiotic Race" last night...wow talk about clueless people. 4 of the teams screw up the wheel barrow thing and then what 6 or 7 of the 9 teams couldn't find the huge symbol key on the front of the building?
Princeton boys (who's singing would annoy the F out of me if I were a cab driver) seem like the only intelligent ones.

Once again the ahow needed to be retitled "The Idiotic Race" last night...wow talk about clueless people. 4 of the teams screw up the wheel barrow thing and then what 6 or 7 of the 9 teams couldn't find the huge symbol key on the front of the building?
Princeton boys (who's singing would annoy the F out of me if I were a cab driver) seem like the only intelligent ones.

right? i threw my hands up each time a team walked past the symbol key on the building. they all walked past it... several of them looked back too and managed to not see it. :doh:

Yay for Team Glee! :D

I could not stop yelling at the TV last night. These teams should win the award for the stupidest people on the face of this planet. :lol: :tsk: I loved how the camera people were always focusing on the answer key, but the idiots were too stupid to look around and see it. Good lord.

They (actually just the one with the Groucho eyebrows) couldn't do the sled thing, by the time they switched they ended up last, but not by a lot.

The singing t the end made me say good riddance, couldn't have hacked 8 more weeks of that.

Nice to see Yau Man lite and son get back in the game...but that speed bump was lame, 10 extra minutes, big deal.

So sad Team Glee is gone, I really liked them. :sad: If Jill & Thomas hadn't used their Express Pass, they would have been safe for sure. Oh well.

So sad Team Glee is gone, I really liked them. :sad: If Jill & Thomas hadn't used their Express Pass, they would have been safe for sure. Oh well.

No, I think Jill and Thomas would have been OK...they were at the tent building thing while Team Eyebrow and a few others were on the sled task...they would have been able to build the tent and finish ahead of the 3 teams that ended up switching tasks, they just had no way to know that.

Pretty sure it was fake, I'm guessing to train the dogs to be prepared for such an encounter with a live Yogi or Boo Boo and keep focused on their task.

So long, volleyball girls! They hardly got any screen time at all, so it's no big loss to me. Whatever they did show of them was supremely boring anyway.

And holy crap do Nick and Vicki ever win the award for the stupidest people on EARTH! How in the hell do you not understand the words "Fast Forward taken"?! :doh: :tsk: Good freaking lord they are dense.

And holy crap do Nick and Vicki ever win the award for the stupidest people on EARTH! How in the hell do you not understand the words "Fast Forward taken"?! :doh: :tsk: Good freaking lord they are dense.

It seemed they thought anyone and everyone could do the Fast Forward and skip all tasks, how do you get on the show and have never seen it before? Cause thats the only plausible explanation (And it needs to be combined with a serious amount of stupidity) for not knowing th FF can only be completed by one team.
But the best was when they are jogging to the Pit Stop in 6th place and Nick says "Dude I think we're in second"...what the F ever gave him that impression?

Despite Nick and Vicki checking out the fast forward, it was only a slight delay and didn't really hurt them.

In fact, this was the first episode in a long while where no team made a major blunder throughout a leg of the race, which was why the blondes were never able to catch up to anyone, despite doing well.

I'm glad they went to St. Petersburg this leg of the race - I love that city so much! It was fun to see them go to places that I'd been to before. :love:

Despite their stupidity, Nick and Vicki are kinda growing on me. I want them to stick around a bit longer, but we'll see if they can pull themselves out of the hole they got into this week. They're probably a good few hours behind all the other teams, but they could get bunched up again due to flights or whatever.

They finally figured out the way to do the paino challenge was to do 1 piece at a time. As I was watching I was saying that, cause otherwise you're running around trying to keep 3 classical pieces in memory and identify them...no chance unless you are a classical music afficianado(which I don't think anyone on the race is).

They are starting to grow on me a bit as well, was glad they didn't get philiminated.

I'm glad they went to St. Petersburg this leg of the race - I love that city so much! It was fun to see them go to places that I'd been to before. :love:

Despite their stupidity, Nick and Vicki are kinda growing on me. I want them to stick around a bit longer, but we'll see if they can pull themselves out of the hole they got into this week. They're probably a good few hours behind all the other teams, but they could get bunched up again due to flights or whatever.

:yes: I like seeing them go to places I have visited too!

Another good episode, I like Vikki and Nick as well. There really isn't a big bad team this go around. That dolt who is mean to his girlfriend is somewhat annoying.. but that's about it

I read that there was no speed bump, due to a mistake that was made during the previous leg. Apparently Nick & Vicky got the music detour answer right much earlier, but the guy giving them the clue mistakenly said no. Because it wasn't their fault that it took them so long, there was no speed bump. They should have said something about it during this episode, as I was wondering what had happened with that as well, until I saw the answer on a TAR forum that I read regularly.

So long Team YouTube. I liked them at first, but the son was increasingly whiny and not very nice to his dad in the last few legs. Quit yer bitchin - he did the best that he could.

^And that further confirms my suspicions that the non-elimination legs are not predetermined, but decided by producers based on who is coming in last and if they are a popular team (either good or bad as villains are good for ratings), or in this case they can cover their ass on a screw up.

Yeah, it's very possible. It was originally supposed to be an elimination leg. I'm sure they can tell during the filming process that N/V are good drama, and wanted to keep them around for another week.

I was wondering that too, Hewson. I really wondered how much time difference there was between them and the doctors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom