The Amazing Race 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YES! Bye bye Kisha and Jen. Just what i wanted to see happen :) If that was me and i had to go pee, i would have pee'd my pants and ran to the pit stop with a chance at a spot in the top 3 at stake, c'mon :doh:

As for me, I'm so over Luke and Margie. I don't like them.

If you were part of a deaf world (like i am), you would think differently. :slant:

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand she really had to go, but they were right there. All they had to do was run to the finish and check in, and then Jen could've went. It looked like it was only a matter of seconds and then they'd be done.

That had to be the worst decision in the history of this series.

I was hoping J/C would be out, because I'm SO sick of their whining and complaining, and bitching to cab drivers. It's so annoying and rude. Based on the previews for next week, looks like it will be more of the same horrible attitude from them. :sigh:

I don't really care any more who wins, as long as it's not them.

I wish Mel & Mike were still in it! :lol:

What the hell does that have to do with it?

you're not part of the community, so you dont get it

how many role models do deaf people have?

marlee matlin, that's about it.

can you imagine being excluded or left out much of the time?

this program is showing he can compete on an even playing field and win.

Jamie and Cara irritated the crap out of me tonite. They are SO rude. Don't they realize they are being filmed and things they say are so disrespectful to the countries they are visiting. They are so closed minded and just plain rude. And extremely impatient. They are the kind of tourists who give Americans a very bad name.

:up:I hope to god they don't win this game. Jaime's behaviour is vile.

I doubt that has anything to do with the reasons the original poster said what he said.

That is what i'm saying. :up:

I doubt that has anything to do with the reasons the original poster said what he said.

Yes it does. End of discussion.

:applaud:Whew..I am glad my REDS/NFL team is still ON! I know, maybe all the backlash from the way they treated people After they win will teach them something!! :hmm:Just teasin'!!:reject:Runs to hide! I had to admire Cara eatting all that stuff like it was french fries!! UGH!:lol::D PS; yeah, waiting to pee could be an extremly difficult thing to do, sometimes!! Esp. when you're running!! I suppose I would have had to do the 'pee dance
all the way to the finish line!! LOL..still I had to feel for her! UGH. I did not put those two things together, how water was her undoing at the end, 2x's!

:up: Great comments, deep! Excellent!

I don't feel the redheads deserve to win based on how rude and obnoxious they have been this entire season, not to mention how disrespectful their behavior toward cultures has been in other countries. Cara is so impatient. I wouldn't call that competitive.

I understand she really had to go, but they were right there. All they had to do was run to the finish and check in, and then Jen could've went. It looked like it was only a matter of seconds and then they'd be done.

That had to be the worst decision in the history of this series.
Yeah. Hell, for a million bucks just pee your pants and keep running.

Up until the decision to Uturn, I liked Tammy and Victor, and will still root for them to win.

There always seems to be one team each season which has one or two members who feels they are better than the people of the foreign countries they are travelling through, this year that team is Jaime and Cara, and I really would have liked to see them gone a long time ago, they don't deserve to win with some of the comments they've made.

As for Margie and Luke, while I think what Luke is accomplishing is great, he has also shown some nastiness in some of his comments, specifically regarding Jen and Kisha, and being hearing impaired isn't an excuse for that.

None of the three remaning teams have come off as 100% wonderful humans during the race (shame that Mel and Mike couldn't still be around, they seemed the team that genuinely enjoyed the experience the most and never seemed to have a bad thing to say about any competitor or anyone or anyplace they'd encountered), but Tammy and Victor have probably been the best overall, just a few "strategic" race moves that were a bit dodgy, especially this last Uturn, which cost Jen and Kisha a fair shot at the final 3 (that waiter task was really unfair to the other 3 teams).

So lets hope they siblings win and then Tammy decides to add to her fame with a hot lawyer/reality TV star spread in Playboy.

For a million bucks I'd shit my pants, I don't care.....that was indeed a stupid move on the part of those sisters to stop and let Jen go. She took forever too! As gracious as they tried to seem on camera about their elimination from the race I'm sure they were pissed. It was just too bad.

Mel and Mike were nice guys, but remember they didn't follow the rules in many of the legs which cost them dearly, not to mention when they chose to hide all the bicycle parts, tire pumps etc in the box in India to keep them out of view for the other contestants, some of whom took off in those carts with flattened tires.

It's a competition and some people will say or do anything for a million bucks or simply for the sake of competing. I don't think any of the teams on any of the Amazing Race seasons have been 100% fair and flawless. That just won't happen. Besides, the Prducers of these shows thrive on viewership and ratings and that means choosing controversial participants, including participants with disabilities.

Tammy is a very pretty girl but I don't think she or her family would support a feature in Playboy. I am rooting for Tammy & Victor. It was Margie and Luke who had my vote until a couple episodes back. Although I do feel what Luke is doing on national TV is admirable both personally and for the deaf community, I am beginning to feel they are abusing this to their advantage. If they win I won't be completely disappointed, I just chose to shift my support to Tammy and Victor. (I love the growth they've shown in their brother-sister relationship plus they seem to have the smarts and COMMON SENSE that not all contestants on this show have!)

Mel and Mike were nice guys, but remember they didn't follow the rules in many of the legs which cost them dearly, not to mention when they chose to hide all the bicycle parts, tire pumps etc in the box in India to keep them out of view for the other contestants, some of whom took off in those carts with flattened tires.

Wrong team, that was Mike and Mark the brothers.

Mel and Mike were the father/son team, Mike the son being the actor/screenwriter who was in School of Rock and Orange County etc.

YES! Bye bye Kisha and Jen. Just what i wanted to see happen :) If that was me and i had to go pee, i would have pee'd my pants and ran to the pit stop with a chance at a spot in the top 3 at stake, c'mon :doh:

Ah yes, the million dollar piss. They deserved to lose their spot in the final three for such a boneheaded move.

If you were part of a deaf world (like i am), you would think differently. :slant:

Perhaps you're right. I'm not trying to be offensive at all, and I promise you Luke's deafness has nothing to do with the fact that I don't care for this team. Go back and read my posts and you'll find nothing disparaging of his deafness.

But I agree, that I might give him more of a pass if I were part of the deaf community. Coming from a minority group myself, I know that's easy to do (Full disclosure: I'm black, and I have tended to always root for the black contestants on these types of shows, just because, it's nice to see "one of your own" do well. And yes, that includes Kisha and Jen. However, even in spite of that I'm willing to concede when such contestants have not played well or do not deserve to win. Again, as you'll note from my comment above I have no problem saying that Kisha and Jen didn't deserve to win).

To be honest, my dislike for Luke's attitude is, in a way, a kind of acknowledgement that his deafness does not make him any less of a person or a competitor. I'm basically saying that what I see is a contestant with a bad attitude. His deafness doesn't matter to me at all either negatively OR positively. In the sense of showing that deaf people can compete in this game the same as
a person who can hear, he has done the deaf community proud. He’s very impressive. On the other hand, his poor attitude to me does not and should not reflect on the deaf community. After all, I’m sure you’d agree that not all deaf people are automatically “nice people.” They are simply human, just like all of us.

As a black man, I know I’ve found portrayals in the media of the “Noble Negro” as a counterbalance to racist stereotypes to be actually rather vaguely insulting. I want to be recognized simply as a human being with good and bad traits, without the adjective black attached. I imagine you feel the same about being deaf.

Well, I was really pulling for Margie and Luke there. Luke was flying through the challenge until the end, and Victor proved to be just as good at it. Interesting that the ones Luke couldn't remember were the last two, more recent legs.

And Margie is indeed the bionic woman.

I'm very glad Tammy & Victor won - they definitely deserved it. I was convinced that Luke & Margie were going to win it, as they were powering ahead of everyone for a while, but obviously that road block was very tough on him.

It was an excellent season! Looking forward to the next one. Not sure when that one starts, but I know they're doing casting for it right now. It could be early fall, I guess, or the end of the summer.

I felt so bad for poor Luke as he struggled with the last challenge. He and his mom busted butt and were doing so well. But then Tammy & Victor did play a good game so I will say I am happy for them. I'll miss the show till the next season though, I love this show.

I was stunned that Luke got caught at the roadblock, it looked like he had that thing aced at first.
So happy Jaime didn't win, what a ****.

Tammy and Victor the most deserving:huh:

I disagree. They had huge advantages.

Can you imagine if the contestants had to go into a deaf community and take 8 food orders in sign language and then sign them to a deaf cook?

of if for a good portion of the contest everybody, cabbies, airport workers, people on the street spoke sign language that Luke and his mom could understand and the others were out in the cold.

Also on the last episode, once the pigs got dropped in the Pacific Ocean, they should have had to go back and start over with a clean pig. The ocean is full of diseases and bacteria.

As for Matt not recognizing the scorpions on spears. Well I don't imagine Matt and his mom have the advantage of pillow talk when they are falling asleep, or while one is in the shower, or any other time you are talking to someone while doing something with your hands or not looking directly at them.

Matt and his mom showed a lot more heart than any of the other contestants.

And Tammy and Victor had a huge advantage with the Chinese languages.

Back
Top Bottom