The Amazing Race 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm growing weary of those little stuntmen. Something about them just irks me.

Unbelievable the amount of penalties they've racked up. I wish they'd just get eliminated already.

What is it with contestants on this show leaving their passports behind? I'd glue mine to me if I could, I never let it out of my sight when I travel because I know what a hassle it is to get one replaced when you're away from home in another country.

Didn't Beantown Rob (and then several subsequent teams) get a 4 hour penalty for not eating the 43 lbs of various meat?

Yup. If you chose to skip doing a roadblock, it was a 4hr penalty. I'd assume those rules are still in place. Rob was very clever in getting others to follow him and not do it as well, so as to guarantee he wouldn't be eliminated.

I had to laugh yet once again when the brothers got those penalties. It was obvious they had the money, but they didn't want to use it all in one fell swoop to pay that one cab.

I'm seriously hoping that next week there won't be any bunching due to flights or hours of operation, so that they won't have a chance to catch up. It's high time they were gone. They annoy me SO much.

as much as I like Luke and his Mom...it looked to me like Luke was the pushy one last night! hopefully someone will play back some of that to them so they can see who elbowed who and just get on with the race

I also think Luke was in the wrong. Jennifer (or was it Lakisha??) may have been trying to scoot in front of him - but he threw his elbow up and almost caught her in the face. If the elbow connected they would have been booted out of the race. There is a very strict non-contact rule. Then the second time Jennifer was obviously getting to the box first. Luke ran right into her - again not cool. Momentum may have been the cause that time though.

As for the pitstop - it did seem Lakisha was having a laugh at Luke - but that crazy-as-bat-shit Margie just went overboard. To compare the plight of deaf people to black people seemed a bit daft.

I think Luke and Margie may not have liked what they saw last night.

Great TV though!

I think the brothers kinda new they were going to be eliminated, they were kinda just enjoying this leg instead of hurrying.

I do think Luke was a little pushy and that momentum caused the second incident.

But I thought it was stupid of Jen to call him a bitch when he can't hear to begin with, and then to laugh at him when he was signing, totally not cool. :down:

as much as I like Luke and his Mom...it looked to me like Luke was the pushy one last night! hopefully someone will play back some of that to them so they can see who elbowed who and just get on with the race

And lets not forget that they are the ones who used the Uturn, they aren't nearly as nice a team as they think themselves to be.

When he said Jen pushed him "twice", I mean how ridiculous, he could certainly argue the first one, but the second she was clearly at the clue box first and he plowed her over.

that's right

gang up on the deaf guy.

Ah. . .deep. You always make me smile :)

Being deaf doesn't automatically make you a nice guy.

I'm pretty convinced they were not "laughing at his signing".

:shifty:
I'm not liking the Chinese leg of the race. The foot passage looked so painful! And the the girls finally come in first (not that I'm rooting for them), and then what's his name says there's another clue, and the next leg looked brutal for them. You don't even see how they all placed on this leg, at least not tonight. :grumpy:

Tonite was kind of confusing. When the show ended I was like "WTF?" The foot massages looked very painful though and I wanted to slap both Kisha and Jen. They are so rude!

I thought Kisha and Jen would get bad karma tonight by being eliminated but Phil said continue racing :mad:

I thought Kisha/Jen took it a bit far with Luke last week.. very inappropriate what they did, second time Luke bumped into them was accidental... he was running an it was the momentum that pushed him.. First time, Kisha should've waited her turn...I was born partially deaf and I hang out with deaf friends and have witnessed incidents like Luke did last week.. Kisha/Jen are the ones who are the bitches really, IMO. I hope they are the next to go.

Why they didn't just do the swimming with the life vests on to begin with is beyond me. They are lucky the leg continues. And since I dislike Jaime and Cara, I'm fine with it too.

I laughed. :lol: :reject: I knew something fishy was up when they got to the pit stop, since there was no greeter, and Phil worded his welcome differently, but I assumed they were just getting a time penalty. The fatigue is REALLY going to set in this next leg, so I'm sure there will be much more bitching and whining to see next week. :happy:

Tammy & Victor are really growing on me. I disliked them at the beginning, but ever since they overcame their meltdown in Transylvania, they've been doing very well.

I like Tammy & Victor too especially since they worked things out. It's nice to see the 2 of them working so well together and as siblings. I loved that they spoke the language through China, they loved that advantage. I'm secretly hoping that Luke & his mom win. Although they aren't really "underdogs", I'd like to see a win for Luke because it will be a huge victory for the hearing impaired world. Luke has really been a competitor and I love watching the interaction between he and his mother, they have an awesome relationship. :heart:

As for me, I'm so over Luke and Margie. I don't like them.

I don't much care for Jamie and Cara either, but I've always wanted to see an all female team win the race. I'd be happy if either they or Kisha and Jen won.

But I like Tammy and Victor best.

:hyper:I am looking forward to this weeks' show!! I was surprized and did not notice the difference in Phil ! the usual end!! I really felt for Kisha in her melt down! My faves are still the Reds/NFL!
Go REds!! Hope they like what they eat! :lol:Seems a lot like another program..if I recall...:hmm:! Too bad I missed all those earlier teams and the cheese& coffins...I was in school..but glad I can go back and watch them on the Net! Cool!:up:

Jamie and Cara irritated the crap out of me tonite. They are SO rude. Don't they realize they are being filmed and things they say are so disrespectful to the countries they are visiting. They are so closed minded and just plain rude. And extremely impatient. They are the kind of tourists who give Americans a very bad name.

I decided tonite I am rooting for Tammy and Victor to win. :up:

I think Jamie is the irritating one - I didn't see Cara as being as whiny. Cara downed that "food" pretty well. I couldn't even watch them eat that stuff :yuck: I'd like to know how close it was in the end between Jamie/Cara and Kisha/Jen.

Back
Top Bottom