The Amazing Race 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was a great episode! I like the updated credits and maps - I was surprised to see they'd changed them, but it looks good. So glad that Margie and Luke came in first! :D

I'm so completely terrified of heights that I was almost having a panic attack just watching them jump off that bridge. :yikes: :lol: I'm sure it would be fun once you've jumped, but oh holy hell that looked frightening!

Yeah, the hillbilly couple (Steve & Linda, I think?) don't seem like they're gonna last very long. She was breaking down in exhaustion and tears right from the very beginning. Not a good sign for them.

The hillbilly couple probably will be gone soon, but I give him credit for being creative with the cheese. Those stupid contraptions were breaking everywhere, so using it as kind of like a sled and bringing three down at once was a great move.

Yeah, Pa Kettle looked pretty bright with the cheese, then looked real dumb when they couldn't find Phil and let 3 teams pass them.

The cheese thing was so funny! The first thing I would have done when my wood-backpack broke was used it as a sled. Some of them did that but it seemed the logical thing to do. The one thing I would never have done is slid down a large hill on my ass.....I just would not do it.

That hillbilly couple looks like mother and son....that woman looks so much older than the guy! They're not long for the show, too funny watching them fumble their way through though :up: I really like the mother and deaf son team, I hope they make it to the end!

When those bystanders were watching and laffing at the contestants during the cheese challenge I laughed so hard right along with them. It reminded me of the scenes last season when those Russian soldiers were laughing so hard at that dweeby totally uncoordinated guy trying to march! OMG that was sofa king funny! :lmao:

:bump:

I taped it last night due to the Oscars. You think they wouldn't have scheduled the show to compete with the award show :shrug:

I got all teary-eyed when I thought Mike and Mel were going to be out of luck because of the wind. I felt so badly for Mel.

I totally forgot about this due to the Oscars, but hooray for YouTube!

Another great episode, and another team I dislike is eliminated. :up: Linda's constant crying was just a little too much for me. I'm sure she was tired, and as this was her first time outside of the US, I had a little compassion for her, but by the end I was glad to see them go.

I especially loved Mel talking about how God had more important things to do than to be concerned with stopping the wind for him. :lol: I was nervous for them, as I really love him and Mike, and hope they stay in it until the very end.

You do have to wonder why they were on, because it was obvious she was in no condition to do any sort of physically challenging tasks. Felt bad for her husband, I think he would have been pretty game with another partner.

Anyways, they were probably relieved to be let loose. The marijuana crop was close to harvest time :wink:

Now, the two blonde stewardesses? gotta go next.

I'm disappointed in the bimbo stewardesses. You'd think they'd be used to the ins and outs of travel. Apprently not, or not these two anyway. They just might be the next on the chopping block.

I'm disappointed in the bimbo stewardesses. You'd think they'd be used to the ins and outs of travel. Apprently not, or not these two anyway. They just might be the next on the chopping block.

I agree. In the first episode, one of them was saying how they had an advantage 'cuz they were used to traveling, yada yada. Then they couldn't even read a train schedule. Then got lost in Sunday's program :lol:

A U2 forum and nobody mentioned the Achtung Baby reference in the last episode? What's wrong with you people? :lol:

You do have to wonder why they were on, because it was obvious she was in no condition to do any sort of physically challenging tasks. Felt bad for her husband, I think he would have been pretty game with another partner.

Anyways, they were probably relieved to be let loose. The marijuana crop was close to harvest time :wink:

Now, the two blonde stewardesses? gotta go next.

They had me laughing so hard, I was crying....get a stick, carry a stick, or whatever instead of getting the wood carving with the clue. :lol:

A U2 forum and nobody mentioned the Achtung Baby reference in the last episode? What's wrong with you people? :lol:

I noticed that too.

Once again this week, another pair left that I was glad I wouldn't have to keep watching. The Squabbler's last week and this week, Linda and her husband. They were painful to watch, especially Linda with her constant crying, physical struggles, and hints that her husband can be pretty hard on her. This was one of the rare times where I felt that someone was holding back because he knew he was on camera. Based on her comments "Oh no, he'll hate me" and such, I have a feeling he doesn't treat her very well in real life. A good hint of that was when she expressed her relief that he wasn't mad and he said "It's not over."

I'm glad they're gone. I don't like it when people with such serious issues appear on these shows.

^I agree...why do they choose contestants like that anyway? What a waste of time!

Well, it's a tradition that this show is always marred by cannon fodder that have no chance at winning...and it's one of its biggest downfalls. :down:

Now, a show like Survivor, they've done a great job having few (or no) easy targets in their recent seasons, nearly everybody having a viable chance from the outset. I just don't see what the point is of casting poorly educated, no travel experience southerners (some of them outrageously overweight)...it takes out so much of the suspense. Charla/Mirna were also a poor choice since you know they'd never have much of a chance in most seasons given the running around required in finale episodes (and of course, the two seasons they were on were very limited physically...rigged, anyone?)

On the other hand, last season had the most even field ever and was also the least interesting season of the bunch, even Family Edition had more drama.

I enjoy a more fairly matched group of contestants and find intense competition more entertaining than watching weak couples with no chance at all fail so quickly. It's really interesting watching the deaf son and mother team. I'm actually rooting for them!

Yeah, it was a pretty bad mistake on their end. As soon as they were told that they wouldn't be able to leave Amsterdam until the next morning, I knew they'd be eliminated. I guess they assumed that even though they were banking on making the next flight out of Amsterdam, that they would get to the destination faster than the 9pm flight. Sucks when those kinds of flight mistakes get you eliminated. I liked them, even though they weren't shown all that much. Seemed like they had a great attitude about everything.

I really liked the Dracula task - that looked like it would have been fun.

Back
Top Bottom