The Amazing Race 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am amazed that Dallas and his Mom kept going...if it had been me...I would have totally stopped and focused on getting my passport back:| thats just how I roll...I would have been obsessed....I wonder if the camera guy or production said off camera...just keep going, we will get your passports?:hmm:

So sad that Toni and Dallas are off, they were doing so well until they lost their stuff.
I have to say I was really taken with the kindness of strangers who went into their pockets to help them out. That was wonderful to see.

I think I would've tried to find another taxi and someone who speaks english, and perhaps get on the radio about a missing bag for an American. Could've worked.

Sad to see them go. I suspect Nick and Starr will win this now, unless dumb luck ensues and the frat idiots win.

Too bad about Toni and Dallas, would have liked to see them win.

Nick and Starr certainly should win, based on race performance so far.

The older couple is pretty good, but makes more mistakes than Nick and Starr.

The frat idiots are a complete disaster. But they've got a 1 in 3 shot.

Is there a race lined up for the spring TV season? Sure hope so!

I think I would've tried to find another taxi and someone who speaks english, and perhaps get on the radio about a missing bag for an American. Could've worked.

Sad to see them go. I suspect Nick and Starr will win this now, unless dumb luck ensues and the frat idiots win.

I was thinking the exact same thing

I was thinking the same thing. But when Dallas and his mom started asking people for money they sure lucked out (unless they just showed the nice friendly people).

A real shame, the way things turned out. Those frat boys have not earned the right to be in the finals.

Toni and Dallas continued to run a good race even after the loss of the passports and I think they might have still placed if they hadn't had to go back to the apartment because they took the wrong form of transportation. That's what killed them, not the lack of money and passports. At least that's the way it was edited. I guess they might have been further behind then that since Phil went and found them rather than just delivering the bad news at the mat.

Anybody remember the first season where the third place finishers were informed that the race was over in some frozen arctic location? They were SO far behind!

A real shame, the way things turned out. Those frat boys have not earned the right to be in the finals.

Toni and Dallas continued to run a good race even after the loss of the passports and I think they might have still placed if they hadn't had to go back to the apartment because they took the wrong form of transportation. That's what killed them, not the lack of money and passports. At least that's the way it was edited. I guess they might have been further behind then that since Phil went and found them rather than just delivering the bad news at the mat.

Anybody remember the first season where the third place finishers were informed that the race was over in some frozen arctic location? They were SO far behind!

I read an interview with them where Dallas talks more about what happened. He said it took him like 2 hours to get to his mom - not sure if anyone else had that much trouble as well. The article is here: Exclusive Interview: Toni and Dallas, from 'The Amazing Race 13'

Yes, I remember that first season! They were like a day behind everyone, I think! :lol: They got a note or something while they were still in Alaska, since Phil was obviously at the mat with the winners.

That has happened twice - team Guido (Joe and Bill) were a full day behind on Race 1 - they were still in Alaska when Rob and Brennan and Frank and Marguirite had crossed the finish line in Flushings, NY.

Also Race 4 when Chip and Reichen and John and Kelly had finished the race in Phoenix, David and Jeff were back in Hawaii about to move onto the detour. They were estimated to be 18 or so hours behind.

Both times as they arrived at the next route marker the third place teams were notified via a note in a standard TAR envelope that the race was over and whom had crossed the finish line first.

So glad to see Nick & Starr win! :D Definitely was too bad that Toni & Dallas couldn't be there at the end. I'm sure it probably took more than a day to figure out the whole passport situation.

I was wondering if there was going to be any kind of time penalty at the very end, because Starr kept holding onto one of the photos while they were doing that last challenge, and the clue said (I think) that you had to open them one at a time and put them back. The editors also made it look like Ken & Tina screwed up too, but ah well. It obviously didn't matter too much.

Ken & Tina putting their rings back on at the very end was so sweet.

I heard that the next season is currently filming, and will air starting on February 15th! :hi5: Can't wait!

I wonder, timewise, how close it was between Nick & Starr vs. Ken & Tina. Congrats to Nick & Starr - they earned/deserved it. And yes, the ring exchange at the end was sweet. Amazed to see the frat boys make it to the finish line, LOL. I was waiting for them to go low & wet & try to balance & fall into the water :giggle: Seemed only fitting that their cab driver was lost from the start, so they didn't even seem to be contenders. And it was sad that Tony & Dallas couldn't be there at the end. Guess they couldn't get on the same flight as the rest of the contestants :wink: (yes, I know the passport situation probably caused delays).

:up:

Ken deserves a million bucks, just for putting up with her.

:lmao: so true! So true! I recorded it tonite so will FF thru it during the week. I guess it's a good thing Tina and Ken decided to stay together. Glad to hear Starr and Nick won it tho, they played a good game throughout.

Dayum! I just watched 8 episodes of this season...Nick/Starr won like all but one of those legs. :lol:

On the reverse end, those frat boys are the luckiest team ever to make it to the F3. Worse than Charla/Mirna or Ray/Yolanda. Just awful, awful mistakes on a consistent basis, but they always had somebody else foolishly going for a fast forward or losing their money/passports, etc. :doh:

All in all, it wasn't a great season. Mildly entertaining but there just really wasn't a single team of big characters when there's usually at least three or four (and in the case of TAR2/TAR3, like ten). I fell behind early because I'm just getting kind of tired of the format...it's so "on the rails" whereas the drama and course of a show like Big Brother or Survivor is dictated by the actual contestants. I also wish they would get rid of NELs entirely. They only had two this year since the season was a meager 11 episodes. If they bulked up and gave us like twelve teams at the start, they could have knocked it down to one or none.

All said, I'm glad Nick/Starr won it. There's been a lot of seasons, if not most, where the most consistent team pretty much always finishes in second place via some misfortune (or another team's great fortune) on the final leg. That sibling duo probably has the best leg-to-leg record in the show's history and I'm glad to see they were justly rewarded. What really killed the competition this year was the New York couple going for the fast forward...had they not done as such, Dandrew would've been eliminated then and we'd have had four strong teams racing in the last two episodes, including one more contender.

What was really stupid was how nobody decided to call Portland in advance and acquire a snazzy taxi driver. They had hundreds of dollars and could've got themselves a fast, knowledgeable one well in advance. If any of those three teams had done as such, they'd be sitting on a million dollars right now.

All in all, it wasn't a great season.

Yup. I yawned throughout this finale. If Toni and Dallas were there at least it would have been a three-way race.

Agree though that Nick and Starr deserved to win.

Unfortunately, I don't see much of a future for Ken and Tina. The dynamics of their relationship are terrible and to be honest I didn't see much improvement in that during the race. The other ones that I don't think have a future was the girl with the vegetarian guy that went for the fast forward.

I watched the episode along with a bunch of other stuff on the DVR last night. It sort of made me throw up in my mouth a little over Ken and Tina's ring exchange, yuck! I agree the finale was a bust without Dallas and his mom. I am still curious if anything will progress romantically between Starr and Dallas?:heart:

Agreed that it wasn't the best season -- there weren't teams that I loved or hated that much. I hope the casting is better next spring.

Nick and Starr were a very impressive team.

Starr is one fine dish...at least Dallas ended up with a bigger reward than the rest of the losers along with a first place prize for one leg. :lol:

I am more curious if the frat boys ended up doing the whole 'run through Portland' thing or if they just got a message to go straight to the finish line. Light wise it looked like they tuirned up pretty soon after Ken and Tina - and there is no way they would have been able to get through the city, find the dinosaur, the donut shop, the russian cart and then make it out to the mansion. I'm sure that nugget of info will leak at some point but it would suck to not at least run the final leg fully if you have made it to the end.

It's so weird when they go to places you've been. Like the Portland food carts & such...to think I was sitting right next to that same Russian booth eating candy while waiting for someone back in March. :drool:

And yes, they obviously just told the Frats to run things out to the end. Again, their mistake was the taxi driver. They had just as good a shot as the other two of winning. Any team would've won had they ordered an intelligent cabbie in advance. It was done before by Colin/Christie who managed to find one that even illegally went up the side of traffic, etc. You can do that in this game, so I'm shocked that nobody took advantage of things. It's a million dollars, for Christ's sake. That's what kind of made the finale lame. Imagine if Nick/Starr had gotten into the foreigner's cab? Third place. The whole season would've come down to a freakin' driver.

The girl I work with has been to the donut shop in portland....her Uncle is an artist and he has a booth somewhere near there in the summer...she was out visiting him and met a girl who goes to that donut shop every saturday...buys a big box of donuts, then hands them out around the park for free...they call her the donut angel:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom