The Academy Awards 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not going to lie to you. Erin Andrews will be more than enough to get me to watch Dancing with the Stars for the first time.

Now that I've seen 8 1/2 I kind of want to go ahead and see Nine, even if it's gonna suck.

No description, image or clip I've seen suggests that Nine bears any resemblance to 8 1/2. Unless, of course, you adored 8 1/2 to such a degree that anything relating to Fellini's creation is of interest to you. For the record, I don't disagree with you or Impster: it really does appear to at least be an entertaining film, and that's good enough for a rental.

Was Mo'nique expressing surprise that an adaption of a novel about an abused child overcoming adversity was warmly received by the Academy?

I think all the viewers will peer closely at Evan Lysacek and think ".... was he that orange at the Olympics? He didn't look that orange when he was skating."

re: Precious - having read the book, I think it's an understatement to say that Precious was "abused." No idea how much they present or shy away from the specifics in the movie, but when you list out the abuses she's suffered, it's hard to see it as a movie anyone would want to go and see, because who wants to pay to see something so horrible? So to not only have a lot of people go and see it and have it receive acclaim, I think that's what she's talking about.

/cori's two cents

Ah, I love the fact that "horses" was just associated with the Seabiscuit-esque SJP.

No description, image or clip I've seen suggests that Nine bears any resemblance to 8 1/2. Unless, of course, you adored 8 1/2 to such a degree that anything relating to Fellini's creation is of interest to you. For the record, I don't disagree with you or Impster: it really does appear to at least be an entertaining film, and that's good enough for a rental.

Was Mo'nique expressing surprise that an adaption of a novel about an abused child overcoming adversity was warmly received by the Academy?

The film and broadway show were both inspired by 8 1/2.

I guess I'm blind too, then! :lol: I didn't notice the orange until I saw a bunch of pictures online after he'd won.

Last night I was at a concert, and in between bands, a DJ did his thing, and his laptop had a sticker that said "I'd rather be watching Arrested Development."

The End.

I guess I'm blind too, then! :lol: I didn't notice the orange until I saw a bunch of pictures online after he'd won.

:cute:
capt.photo_1266631381730-1-0.jpg

Last night I was at a concert, and in between bands, a DJ did his thing, and his laptop had a sticker that said "I'd rather be watching Arrested Development."

The End.

Nice. There's a car in my complex's lot that has a sticker on the back that just says in black type on a white circle "Her?"

Oh my god, I want that sticker! :lol:

Also in oh my god news, that Paranormal Activity skit made me laugh really hard.

I leave the room for a minute to get more water, and all I hear coming from the TV in the living room is shrieks and screams. What's going on??!! :lol:

I leave the room for a minute to get more water, and all I hear coming from the TV in the living room is shrieks and screams. What's going on??!! :lol:

Am I utterly callus for cracking up at a number of those scenes? Honestly, I fnd The Shining in general to be one of my favorite comedies. Shelley Duvall's acting especially. And Jack Nicholson exhibiting homicidal tendencies from scene 1.

Back
Top Bottom